Prediction 2024 Expectations Thread (with poll!!!)

Where we will finish at the end of the 2024 minor round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We're just a couple of weeks from the 2024 season so I am interested to hear everyone's expectations for the season ahead.

Will we continue to improve?
Will we make the finish?
Will Nicks get extended?

For me I think we'll improve and finish somewhere around 5th-6th at the end of the minor round. I suspect we'll look back and rue a couple of games that we could have potentially won that would have gotten us in the top 4.

My prediction for Matthew Nicks is that he'll be given a 2 year extension after the mid season bye.

That’s exactly where I am

About 5-6th. Would be unhappy with 7th or 8th

Injuries to senior players could derail us but our rebuild has gone long enough to expect some depth in the roster

As long as we’re building and performing reasonably I expect Nicks to get an extension after round 7-8 and I’d be OK with that

Last edited:
Fantastic midfield, but massive holes all over the park. I don't see them as a premiership threat and would expect they won't make the top 4 either.
No Premiership threat, but like all their top 4 years will fall into the top 4.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically we're more likely to finish 6th - 8th, but I have a good feeling we'll have a real breakout year and finish 4th. We have real talent on all lines (especially our forward line which is as powerful as any), even if on paper our squad doesn't seem to have the quality of sides like Brisbane and Collingwood. The signs were all there last year, minus the execution. It won't take a giant leap to move deep into finals.

Honestly no idea – the wildcard is the fact that it looks like there'll be a logjam of about 10 teams fighting for fifth to eighth. I think we're better than most of those sides, but as last year showed, variance happens. Would be happy with sixth and a home final.

We'll need to learn how to beat essendon

We finally play them I. adelaide where we have a half decent team so that should help. Their game style in general is a good match up for us - we are stoppage heavy and they tend to run and counter attack from the backline which doesn’t suit our game at all - particularly at Marvel

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My expectation is a top 8 finish--as it is every season.

I admit that I have watched zip in the lead up to opener, life keeps getting in the way--but I will ready to watch the Crows roll in game 1!

Realistically I don't think our defence is good enough to say we will definitely make finals, I think it'll be an up and down year where once again we struggle away from home. The close games will decide our season.... Are we mentally strong enough to come from behind and win and or stop a surging team in the 2nd half.

With our defence I am a bit worried about concededing 4+ goals in a row quite often. Which has been a problem of ours for a long time, so we need Strong leadership all over the ground to turn the tide when we find ourselves in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing TT for half the year will make things harder, as he was one of the players who would be part of the improvement trajectory. However, I am hopeful that Burgess will be useful.
I think that the Showdowns will be important in where we finish - not sure we can win both again. Losing one or both of those will put pressure on improving our away record.

I hope Burgess comes in for TT. I feel like without McAdam and now Riley, we need a player who can challenge defenders in the air. And to me Burgess looks like he can do that.

Even if it's as the X factor 3rd tall, it's still important to have a threat above defender shoulders IMO.

Keep the intercepting players honest

Yep, I cant see Tex getting a break in the first half of the season now.
The coaches would freak out having two youngsters up forward at the same time
Do we have West Coast or Roos?

Could get by with Fog, Burgess & Gollant.

Back