Prediction 2024 Expectations Thread (with poll!!!)

Where we will finish at the end of the 2024 minor round?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prior to the pre season games I had us winning our first 3 games and winning about 5 to 6 of our first 10 games.

Now I can't see us winning more than 3 games from our first 10.

Freo in Perth now looks very tough, we have Melb in Gather Round and then Carlton at the MCG.

We could easily be 0-5.

Next week is my opinion is do or die, if we lose that I think we can pretty much kiss making the finals goodbye.

The players and coaches promised us they were all chomping at the bit to play well after the way last year ended.

I expect...more disappointment

Well my expectations took a serious drop after last night. That was a must win in the context of our 1st 5 games and our season and we blew it. Somehow finals seem a long way off at this point.

Cats beat Saints, who had a good win against Pies. Chances are we've played a couple of teams battling for the spots available in the 8, so they're likely not terrible losses, but we'll need to start winning soon. Not that's there's any pressure, there's nothing suggesting we've transformed to a performance expectation club. Tex's comments on his coaches suggest we've regressed in that area.

I really did expect us to make the 8 but the 2 loses and more importantly the performances we've dished up make it look pretty hard right now. It's only 2 loses but we now have to win 13-14 games from our remaining 21. We can only lose another 7-8. Really can't see that happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a dogs105 and went over-the-top optimistic for a laugh 🤣, but genuinely thought comfortable top eight.

Not laughing now. Not even smiling. :(

Who was it posted some time ago about the trajectory of rebuilds and said this would be a down year before making finals the next? Well I hope your theory's correct. Only 3 games in but looks like you certainly got it right for this year.

I did a dogs105 and went over-the-top optimistic for a laugh 🤣, but genuinely thought comfortable top eight.

Not laughing now. Not even smiling. :(

Who was it posted some time ago about the trajectory of rebuilds and said this would be a down year before making finals the next? Well I hope your theory's correct. Only 3 games in but looks like you certainly got it right for this year.
We'll turn it around.

I hope.

Getting big 1994 vibes.

So realistically- what is our most likely result this year? I am going with 3-4 wins. I still think we are much better than West Coast and Hawthorn, and marginally ahead of North. We will also pinch one unexpected game. But that is it. Our draw is far tougher than it looked even a month ago. That puts us 16-17th. What a friggin disaster.

So realistically- what is our most likely result this year? I am going with 3-4 wins. I still think we are much better than West Coast and Hawthorn, and marginally ahead of North. We will also pinch one unexpected game. But that is it. Our draw is far tougher than it looked even a month ago. That puts us 16-17th. What a friggin disaster.
I'm going with 7-9 wins

Two long term injuries to Thilthorpe and Milera plus an unfit Tex and Murray still half a season away takes us from scraping into finals to genuinely bottom 4 team, how ******* sad

Two long term injuries to Thilthorpe and Milera plus an unfit Tex and Murray still half a season away takes us from scraping into finals to genuinely bottom 4 team, how ******* sad
Question is why?

If it's next soldier up why doesn't he have experience in gun handling?

t3gZss.gif

We had a soft draw and a dream injury run last year; there was always a risk of that reverting back to mean
Dream injury run yes... & we are finding out now we don't have depth.

Soft draw no, as we had the 2nd hardest draw I believe based on where teams finished.

I wonder if Tex would be right if they just ruled a line through the first month and focussed on nothing but rehab. We’re going to be 0-4 or 1-3 anyway and whatever he started with, it doesn’t look like fitness tests and playing makes it better.

Last edited:
Back