Strategy 2024 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I've landed is that you'll need a "Round 0 budget" of x # of players, where you're prepared to take the scoring hit for their bye week for the benefit of your overall squad balance for the season. If you start trying to avoid them all it messes things up too much.

Currently thinking that'll be 4-5 players for me, e.g. Gawn, Grundy, Flanders, Walsh and Clarry.
Clarry not as safe a pick as he has been previously now with all the off-field stuff (and recent injury run)

With the forward line stuff and the Round 0 garbage, 2024 will be the most open Fantasy season in years IMO, everyone will be forced to pick key/small forwards

With the forward line stuff and the Round 0 garbage, 2024 will be the most open Fantasy season in years IMO, everyone will be forced to pick key/small forwards
Has it been released how Round 0 will be handled & scored ?

Flanders keeping FWD status makes him just about must-have. Bailey Smith would be another if he can finally have a bounce back year. Not interested at all in Macrae unless the Bulldogs sack Bevo and fire him into the sun… and even then.

Going to have to hold my nose and pick Nocontact Daicos since he kept defender status. Every man and his dog will own him.

Harley Reid with FWD status is very handy for a line where it’s often hard to find rookies.

They’re the players I find most interesting at first glance.
Might give it a miss this year if you’re not fading Seagull Daicos 🤣

Might give it a miss this year if you’re not fading Seagull Daicos 🤣
On the contrary my good man. If I’m forced into picking him, there’s a huge opportunity to fade him now. Guaranteed something will go terribly wrong with his season if I’m picking him.

On the contrary my good man. If I’m forced into picking him, there’s a huge opportunity to fade him now. Guaranteed something will go terribly wrong with his season if I’m picking him.
A great example of the use of reverse psychology .....

bold strategy.gif

A great example of the use of reverse psychology .....

View attachment 1860469
Arrested Development Flirt GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enter Lachlan Bramble. Ex hawk, SSP to the dogs.
Surely Bevo gifts him games.
Ok yes potential there. It’s only going to be fun if TedDougChris can’t stand him and melts publicly every time he makes a clanger though. Don’t let us down TDC

Has it been released how Round 0 will be handled & scored ?
Talk out of the DT Talk guys is it will not be counted. Game won't start till Round 1. Prices won't move.

Things that are still being determined are:
  • whether the Round 0 score will come into a players rolling average after Round 1 moving into Round 2; and
  • how the Round 0 byes will be treated, will it be 18 players and 3 trades, will it be 3 trades but full 22, will it be 18 players but only two trades.

Haven’t read anything on here lately - no spare time, but in case it hasn’t been mentioned I thought I’d pass on to anyone unaware that the averages attached to the positional release from Fantasy the other day aren’t their ‘priced at’ averages, they are just averages for 2023.

The Traders released an ep just now and it reveals the answers to our burning questions

Fantasy will skip Round 0 and start R1

Scores from R0 will be incorporated in Round 1 prices

For the early byes, best 18 and two trades (pretty much makes picking players from R0 teams pointless, maybe one or two is the max)

The Traders released an ep just now and it reveals the answers to our burning questions

Fantasy will skip Round 0 and start R1

Scores from R0 will be incorporated in Round 1 prices

For the early byes, best 18 and two trades (pretty much makes picking players from R0 teams pointless, maybe one or two is the max)
So we can’t really forward plan as prices revealed won’t be starting price for 8 teams?

And all underpriced players from those teams won’t be so underpriced as they will have 1 prove rise before we have chance to select them?

Also rookies from those teams we can’t get at basement price?

Seems not ideal

So we can’t really forward plan as prices revealed won’t be starting price for 8 teams?

And all underpriced players from those teams won’t be so underpriced as they will have 1 prove rise before we have chance to select them?

Also rookies from those teams we can’t get at basement price?

Seems not ideal
No that’s not quite right. Prices won’t change after Rd0.

However, price changes after Rd1 will incorporate Rd0 scores.

So you can plan ahead. But if a cheap option punches out a monster score in Rd0 you can guarantee everyone will have him.

No that’s not quite right. Prices won’t change after Rd0.

However, price changes after Rd1 will incorporate Rd0 scores.

So you can plan ahead. But if a cheap option punches out a monster score in Rd0 you can guarantee everyone will have him.
Yep that makes more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back