Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
am playing around with my team and trying to decide my 2nd trade:

either
A) Libba -> Steele
or
B) Whitfield -> Daicos

A) is the straight bat and what ive currently locked in. It feels kind of sideways though. Both have the same price point. Libba will lose $20k this week, steele will gain $20k. Steele should score more. Neither have a early bye. Both have a good run.

B) is me shuffling the board. Im happy to hold Whitfield and i want daicos in a few weeks. Its prob not a great move now, but i started looking at some cheaper options like Farrell, McGovern, weddle or Baker. Theres actually some value plays in Def at the moment. Got me thinking... i could bank $250k for say Farrell - He has the rnd 13 bye, low BE, scoring well, decent run coming up... Its got me curious
Even McGovern is looking good.

Someone talk me out of it lol

either
A) Libba -> Steele
or
B) Whitfield -> Daicos

A) is the straight bat and what ive currently locked in. It feels kind of sideways though. Both have the same price point. Libba will lose $20k this week, steele will gain $20k. Steele should score more. Neither have a early bye. Both have a good run.

B) is me shuffling the board. Im happy to hold Whitfield and i want daicos in a few weeks. Its prob not a great move now, but i started looking at some cheaper options like Farrell, McGovern, weddle or Baker. Theres actually some value plays in Def at the moment. Got me thinking... i could bank $250k for say Farrell - He has the rnd 13 bye, low BE, scoring well, decent run coming up... Its got me curious

Go A
Go from might be top mid to will be. Cash irrelevant

To early for B. Daicos should cool in price over next 2 plus bye
Daicos R6 or 7
Know nothing of Farrell
Weddle Baker is a roller coaster.
McGovern … meh

Big question for me this week is whether to downgrade or upgrade Sexton.

Down to Duursma - leaving cash for a crack at Green next week

Or up to Powell/D’Ambrosio - keeping rookies off field for a best 22 next week but possibly not moving forward if either of these two stagnate

either
A) Libba -> Steele
or
B) Whitfield -> Daicos

I don't like either of those moves. I've played around with Whitfield myself but that was down to D'Ambrosio, allowing me to get a rookie up to Dunkley or Gulden. I'm currently sitting on Newcombe > Crouch myself and while I know that is a good trade from a value perspective, if I get stuck with Crouch, there's no guarantee I land in a net-poitive position.

I guess the question is do you see any of those players as keepers?

Sexton to Powell

I've got fyfe still not sure if I should trade him to a Bonner or something.

I've got all the rookies.

Not sure if I can use second trade this week.

I do have Rowell on the bench I could go to Steele but I got a feeling Rowell is a keeper.

Thoughts ?

I don't like either of those moves. I've played around with Whitfield myself but that was down to D'Ambrosio, allowing me to get a rookie up to Dunkley or Gulden. I'm currently sitting on Newcombe > Crouch myself and while I know that is a good trade from a value perspective, if I get stuck with Crouch, there's no guarantee I land in a net-poitive position.

I'm strongly considering the Whitefield to D'Ambrosio move too (and then Sexton to Powell)

Leaves me with 260k to play with next week to jump back onto a premo (looking at Flanders/Touk) from another midpricer (likely Bonner), catching all the price rises

Thoughts on Dunkley being a good pod, only 2.7% owned, might be a way I can get back under 103k rank. * I hate this game.

I want to go there but 104 avg last season in the same role scares me away a bit. He could leak 10 points a week top other top 8 guys. Next week I also want to save a slot for Touk at 900k

I see Dunkley as high variance. He's done 111 in the past and he should be in his prime right now. If you told me he went 104 again I'd believe it. If you told me he want 110-115+ I'd believe it

I'm strongly considering the Whitefield to D'Ambrosio move too (and then Sexton to Powell)

Leaves me with 260k to play with next week to jump back onto a premo (looking at Flanders/Touk) from another midpricer (likely Bonner), catching all the price rises
The cash is the part I'm trying to get my head around. I don't want to trade Whitfield because I can. I want to trade him because I would be mad if I didn't because of X, Y, Z. Touk's price is pretty tasty.

yeah i know what you mean

this is my team post current trades (1.seston->powell, 2.Libba-> steele)
Im just trying to see if theres something i can do that doesnt "follow the pack"

1711603693980.png

Budarick/Sexton -> Ambro/Powell this week.

Nuke gets a reprieve but is being moved on for Miller regardless of what he scores this week.
Reid -> Shoenmakers the other move for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cash is the part I'm trying to get my head around. I don't want to trade Whitfield because I can. I want to trade him because I would be mad if I didn't because of X, Y, Z. Touk's price is pretty tasty.

Way I see it is I'll end up with the same amount of premos and I'm not missing Whitfields score this week anyway.

Finding it hard to pass up on either of D'Ambrosio or Powell so it's either this or trade Young which I'm not keen on and doesn't give me enough cash to do much with next week anyway

This is hardest trade weeks so far. Two clear mid price options. Do I get both and keep Wines or bypass one and flick Wines to a big dog like Dawson/Dunkley/whoever.

The issue with not dealing Wines now is it becomes a lingering problem. Don't deal with it now I can see myself keeping him for ages. Issues always pop up. Billings, Fisher, etc could all stink it up and have to go.

Next week one trade is already locked away for Harvey Thomas as well. There's so much cash gen in rookies I don't feel like getting both mid pricers is needed?

I’ve now been scared off from dunks so have brought in butters and Powell for newc and sexton. Rolling with the c on Bont because I’m a dumb campaigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back