Game Day 2024 Fantasy Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Daicos' defense, at least he took on the responsibility of playing midfield. For all that talk about Sheezel moving into the midfield, he is still in the backline playing kick to kick with Fisher while his team is pumped week in and week out.
I think he will move there eventually. Daicos was still half back to start last year and made move during year. North have probably drafted too many mids too which is another issue.

1888, pretty happy with that.

Up to 36k which all of a sudden breathes a bit of life into my season.

I'd originally intended to captain Dawson and bizarrely every other week this season I've set my VC and C as if I wasn't going to take my VC score, but this week for whatever reason had the C on Barnett, so missed bounce for Carlton v Adelaide and didn't end up captaining Dawson.. meant I had to throw it on Sheezel. What a massive swing.

2099. However the App decided not to include my emergency score for Rowan Marshall. Had Barnett on field with E on Marshall.

I ain't a Daicos fan but we all give him s**t for being a soft outside receiver......how does Sheezel not escape criticism with how much of a seagull he is?

The bloke plays the easiest position in the game, takes bulk kick outs and stat pads in massive defeats.

(I have Sheezel so I'm not a salty non owner.)
Cornes suggeste hes wasted in the backline. I agree with him, look what Reid is doing !!!!

Not like Sheezel is doing anything new, Ziebell & Hall were doing exactly the same thing but just worse efficiency

2099. However the App decided not to include my emergency score for Rowan Marshall. Had Barnett on field with E on Marshall.
It dropped 81 points with the player with the E in my team as well.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I ain't a Daicos fan but we all give him s**t for being a soft outside receiver......how does Sheezel not escape criticism with how much of a seagull he is?

The bloke plays the easiest position in the game, takes bulk kick outs and stat pads in massive defeats.

I think Sheezel is more damaging personally. Daicos is a classy player but is very much a seagull first. Sheezel is a seagull that knows where to be, where to go and executes brilliantly.

I think he will move there eventually. Daicos was still half back to start last year and made move during year. North have probably drafted too many mids too which is another issue.
I actually think Sheezel will end up more as a Miers role HFF that they want sending the ball in as much as possible whilst still being dangerous inside 50 and can rotate wing/inside mid when needed

I can't believe Yeo did not ton up and now could be suspended....finally thought I made a good trade-in at HT

Didn't reach 1800 this week ffs
I think hes fine but who knows, if hes gone along with Crouch with all the other issues...
I don't know what to expect from the MRP in regards to Yeo clipping Baker in the ear but he certainly won't have any issues with the tackle on Broad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sheezel is more damaging personally. Daicos is a classy player but is very much a seagull first. Sheezel is a seagull that knows where to be, where to go and executes brilliantly.
Hard to compare because Sheez is getting into that centre half forward position and able to cause damage but North are getting pumped so Geelong didn't really care.

Daicos last year was trying to seagull out towards the boundary but if he got into Sheez's position no chance he's getting left alone and he wouldn't get the ball.

Hard to compare because Sheez is getting into that centre half forward position and able to cause damage but North are getting pumped so Geelong didn't really care.

Daicos last year was trying to seagull out towards the boundary but if he got into Sheez's position no chance he's getting left alone and he wouldn't get the ball.
I'm comparing half back Daicos to half back Sheezel here. I personally think Sheezel is more damaging. Both excellent players though.

I'm comparing half back Daicos to half back Sheezel here. I personally think Sheezel is more damaging. Both excellent players though.
Yeah that's what I mean last year's half back Daicos was getting in worse positions to seagull but with Collingwood going well i don't think he'd have the luxury of getting free where Sheez is.

Because he’s not soft for starters and he’s not a seagull?

If you think being a defender and trying to carry one of the worst sides of the last 25 years on his back as a 19 year old is the easiest gig in footy…

I would have thought playing outside in a flag contender with the likes of Pendlebury, De Goey, Adams, Sidebottom etc in there would be a touch easier, but what do I know…

Whilst Sheezel looks like a prototypical choir boy, he’s tough and bigger than he looks, in the same way Pendlebury was before he completely filled out. He’s never shirked a contest, Daicos on the other hand…

Ridiculous to compare the two actually in that sense.

Because he’s not soft for starters and he’s not a seagull?

If you think being a defender and trying to carry one of the worst sides of the last 25 years on his back as a 19 year old is the easiest gig in footy…
Let's not bury our hands in the sand, if Daicos is a seagull then so is Sheezel.

Sheezel averages 7.2 contested touches a game out of 34.4 touches (21% of his touches are contested.)

Daicos averages 11 contested touches a game out of 29.8 touches. (37% of his touches are contested.)

You can argue he has a tough gig playing for North in defense but he has the luxury of being fed the ball all the time which pads his stats. Not to mention he averages 5 kick outs a game which are meaningless touches.

This isn't to say Sheezel can't play midfield eventually and excel but there's double standards when it comes to Daicos and Sheezel. (Collingwood fans probably don't help Daicos' cause with how much they talk him up.)

1849, dropped from 8500 to 10500. Wasn't expecting a big week holding Heeney, Grundy, Roberts and Daicos along with doing a double downgrade, but now it's time to start adding premos.

2025 and ranked 97th... 😬

Only 2nd year playing fantasy so in a whole new world. Ended up doing the double downgrade to the GC boys (with Graham's score stuck on the bench ahh). Turns out the double down was still an upgrade on Jordon!

Have 462k in the bank so maybe I can double upgrade? Who knows, don't feel very prepared to be in this spot haha

1914 for the week And maintain rank at around 3.5k

Pretty happy with that considering kept Heeney and Grundy.

Could not get Jordon up to anyone I wanted so did double downgrade thus week along with Howes for theb2 GCS rookies

Headi into next week with 460k in the bank 🤑
originally was going double downgrade path but my FWD is s**t so had to get flanders and zilliams scored well that I wouldve been pissed if I got rid of him so enjoy your upgrade for this round you played it well

Somehow scored my highest best 18 score of 1908 with McKercher (2), Salem (5), Sanders (39) and Bont (53) dropping off. Had to cop Dawson's 60, and Clark's 2 on the bench. Looks like a double downgrade week to fix the cash gen and build a war chest for DPP
Climbed 600 spots from 6.5k into 5.9k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back