Game Day 2024 Fantasy - Round One Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like we all have a new team to live vicariously through.

Reminds me of when my wife started the season a few years ago at a similar rank ~500 which was higher than I've ever been, and she had ******* Jack Riewoldt, Braeden Campbell and Matt Guelfi on her field stinking it up, but still smashed it. Should have just stolen her team.

Pretty much where I’m at. Didn’t actually have many s**t scores on field but the guys that should have scored didn’t.

Wines was a major f*ck up. Got sucked into how consistent he’s been (2023 aside) and how he’d at least get back to 850ish fairly comfortably.

But aside from him I’m still comfortable with the thought process behind the rest of the starting team.. they just didn’t perform
Yeah that’s my thoughts with my mids too all good players that are too good to mess up again….

Dawson- sloppy conditions didn’t help, if he didn’t give away those frees he tons up.

Libba again junked his way to 90, a few tackles and he tons up.

Duke- too good a player to put up a crap score ahain

1941 this week, bleh.

I have to say this opening round/early bye stuff has completely cooked my head, normally I would start guys like Dunkley, Green, Miller in a heartbeat but don't know how that week off will effect things, particularly with other good picks like Sexton, Jordon, Gawn etc. having byes.

But then when I go and get Newcombe instead and Dunkley doubles his score, it makes the bye worrying look pretty stupid. No idea how this year is going to turn out until post-early byes really.

Yeah that’s my thoughts with my mids too all good players that are too good to mess up again….

Dawson- sloppy conditions didn’t help, if he didn’t give away those frees he tons up.

Libba again junked his way to 90, a few tackles and he tons up.

Duke- too good a player to put up a crap score ahain
Yeah the byes also definitely haven’t helped. Had me clearing the midfield right out because I didn’t want any of them but someone like Green is already 60 points ahead of Dawson making his first bye irrelevant already

Yeah the byes also definitely haven’t helped. Had me clearing the midfield right out because I didn’t want any of them but someone like Green is already 60 points ahead of Dawson making his first bye irrelevant already

Yep it's basically ruined this season. We've ended up with a bunch of players we wouldn't normally pick and don't really want and only have two trades a week to fix things.

It's the year for the casual player who doesn't give a s**t about the byes and just gets the best players.

1941 this week, bleh.

I have to say this opening round/early bye stuff has completely cooked my head, normally I would start guys like Dunkley, Green, Miller in a heartbeat but don't know how that week off will effect things, particularly with other good picks like Sexton, Jordon, Gawn etc. having byes.

But then when I go and get Newcombe instead and Dunkley doubles his score, it makes the bye worrying look pretty stupid. No idea how this year is going to turn out until post-early byes really.
Same score 1941, lot of spuds

Yep it's basically ruined this season. We've ended up with a bunch of players we wouldn't normally pick and don't really want and only have two trades a week to fix things.

It's the year for the casual player who doesn't give a s**t about the byes and just gets the best players.
Yeah I still had a pretty solid week but it’s hard to see how I’m going to trade these guys out quick enough to not fall behind the guns and rooks blokes. They just aren’t going to make the cash quick enough.

Fisher, Yeo, Wines are probably the main culprits. Everyone else should still be okay. But was hoping these guys in particular would be 750-800 pretty swiftly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I still had a pretty solid week but it’s hard to see how I’m going to trade these guys out quick enough to not fall behind the guns and rooks blokes. They just aren’t going to make the cash quick enough.

Fisher, Yeo, Wines are probably the main culprits. Everyone else should still be okay. But was hoping these guys in particular would be 750-800 pretty swiftly
Fisher I'm still bullish on. Had a good role, Colby won't go 94 every week.

You can do a lot with 2 trades. More than you think. I’ve come back from very very bad RD 1 scores despite not even taking risks with PODs until well after the byes.

Potentially, but when there's so many players to jump on before their price sky rockets, it becomes pretty tough. And very easy to make the wrong call with who you trade out.

Potentially, but when there's so many players to jump on before their price sky rockets, it becomes pretty tough. And very easy to make the wrong call with who you trade out.
Yeah there are heaps of targets. But just try and pick the safest and follow the crowd (on here, not the common plebs in the wider public). Guarantee you move up doing nothing but following the crowd. I’ve done this for years and then reassess at the byes.

Keep hearing this. He is priced at 50 odd and scored 75

Assuming his ability to run out games gets better with each game he plays, he should still be good ?
Jaiden Popowski's spreadsheet with worthwhile section has him needing ~79-80 to be worthwhile.

So want him to be 80+ to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back