Game Day 2024 Fantasy - Round One Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No 1 Team Score is 2289.

Def: Daicos Sheezel Young Yeo Williams Howes (Dean / Reid)
Mids: Green Serong Anderson Butters Fyfe McKercher Sanders Sharp (Roberts / Clark)
Rucks: Gawn Grundy (Reidy)
Fwds: Flanders Jackson Heeney Jordon Sexton Reid (Cadman / Burgess)
Util: Mannagh

It's a side many of us can relate to with a few tweaks of our own

No 1 Team Score is 2289.

Mids: Green Serong Anderson Butters Fyfe McKercher Sanders Sharp (Roberts / Clark)

Yeah crazy that that's such a 'popular' side. Not really any crazy uniques, just about getting the perfect combination. I suppose only Anderson there is a name I haven't seen floated a fair bit on here. I wonder about having so many bye players but we'll only know in hindsight if it was worth swervin them. That side is 450 ahead of me so for all my swerving of those big hitters I don't think I'm making that up over the next four weeks.

Perkins looked unreal.

I wouldn't get rid of Sexton just yet.

Fisher I would get rid of, he has had no history of scoring.

Grats on Massimo he looked the goods, tempted to get rid of yeo for him.
Perkins has been building to this - had him the last two seasons but never quite clicked for long enough. Just ran out of coin to go a third time unfortunately.

1967 and 38k.. Newcombe was a disaster and horrible watch. Will have to see whether not starting bye guys like daic, green etc pays off. Swapping gawn to Marshall was not kind either

Yeah crazy that that's such a 'popular' side. Not really any crazy uniques, just about getting the perfect combination. I suppose only Anderson there is a name I haven't seen floated a fair bit on here. I wonder about having so many bye players but we'll only know in hindsight if it was worth swervin them. That side is 450 ahead of me so for all my swerving of those big hitters I don't think I'm making that up over the next four weeks.
Yeah 200 on me, other than by RowellAnderson12 and I'd still need to confirm he even went there.... :tearsofjoy:

Serong Green Anderson and Flanders were my differences really - I went Brayshaw, Steele and Martin and missed an reasonable alternative to Flanders.

Will be interesting to see what evolves over the 4 bye rounds

Yes that’s the move. Now you justify trading Grundy with no guilt, get Xerri on the price rise and also match the crowd with Young.

All you miss is Dempsey but that’s ok, your rookies are fine.
Sadly can't afford this.

No 1 Team Score is 2289.

Hmmm, should I take Flanders, Jackson or Heeney? I know! I'll take all three!

Yeah 200 on me, other than by RowellAnderson12 and I'd still need to confirm he even went there.... :tearsofjoy:

Serong Green Anderson and Flanders were my differences really - I went Brayshaw, Steele and Martin and missed an reasonable alternative to Flanders.

Will be interesting to see what evolves over the 4 bye rounds
Will be interesting to see what they do over the next two rounds. Four rookies to replace and three R3 premos that are unlikely to be traded. They're probably doing Grundy > Xerri and a rookie fix up this week so they're going to need their premos to keep firing. 130 points above average for Green, Daicos, Anderson, Flanders and Serong.

Will be interesting to see what they do over the next two rounds. Four rookies to replace and three R3 premos that are unlikely to be traded. They're probably doing Grundy > Xerri and a rookie fix up this week so they're going to need their premos to keep firing. 130 points above average for Green, Daicos, Anderson, Flanders and Serong.
I can't be assed checking but would be interested to know how far down you need to go in the ranks to find someone without Green/Serong combo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1967 and 38k.. Newcombe was a disaster and horrible watch. Will have to see whether not starting bye guys like daic, green etc pays off. Swapping gawn to Marshall was not kind either
Newcombe was tagged by Setterfield, will need a few games to see how he goes.

Was he? Well surely he’s a hold then.

Also you could have publicly revealed those plans Brad Scott you kent

Yeah he was hung off at most stoppages, then the heat got to him late on. I'm happy to give him another game or two. Also means there'll be players coming off their bye to open up the player pool when I do shift him, hoping he hasn't dropped too much in price.

Was he? Well surely he’s a hold then.

Also you could have publicly revealed those plans Brad Scott you kent

It was the softest "tag" of all time though. Durham and Setterfield were rotating on him from what I saw but it was just standing next to him at stoppage, was hardly a full blown, stop him get the ball at all costs tag

Right on the fence about whether to hold or not. Actually like the Melbourne match up so might give him one more

It was the softest "tag" of all time though. Durham and Setterfield were rotating on him from what I saw but it was just standing next to him at stoppage, was hardly a full blown, stop him get the ball at all costs tag

Right on the fence about whether to hold or not. Actually like the Melbourne match up so might give him one more
Plus I can’t really up him to anyone worth a damn, Flanders the only one but no point with the bye coming up.

Duke is too good a player to have another stinker so you’ve gotta back him.

I've got very similar backs, Whitfield instead of Yeo, similar forwards with Fisher instead of Flanders, same rucks but it's the mids where I suffered with Bont, Newc, Amon, Crouch & Wines.

Got the matchups right with Green against North, Butters v WCE, didn't see Freo going that bonkers with Serong, Fyfe and Sharp doing well.

He's gone with Yeo and Fyfe who are easy enough to deal with when they get injured.

1710722689666.png
So you're telling me Salem got the most CBAs of any Melbourne MID and still nearly spudded it up with a 60? You've gotta be kidding me.

View attachment 1931546
So you're telling me Salem got the most CBAs of any Melbourne MID and still nearly spudded it up with a 60? You've gotta be kidding me.
On the other hand he did also just get 74% TOG, which is hilarious because that's
1. lower than his CBA attendance percentage
2. the lowest TOG he's gotten in any game since 2018 (bar injury)

2037 ranked 16,678 better start than last year by 200pts.

Lost Gibcus and Reid, on the bench thankfully, so need to get another defender in to cover Williams and Whitfield over the next 2 weeks, Fisher looked very ordinary and will struggle to hold his place in the Roos side let alone mine!. Don't have much choice but to hold Newcombe, Amon and Wines but Flanders will come in after his bye, probably with Touk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back