Prediction 2024 Fixture Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the draw go off the ladder positions as at round 24 or after finals.
Because ultimately 3 of the top 5 teams is a pretty tough draw.
And the Suns will be better next year too you would assume.
After finals

• Round 1 - v Hawthorn (Gabba) Sat.Twilight
  • Round 2 - v West Coast (Optus Stadium) Sat. Twilight
  • Round 3 - v Collingwood (Gabba) Thu. Night
  • Round 4 - v Western Bulldogs (Adelaide Oval) Gather Round Sat. Twilight
  • Round 5 - v GWS (Gabba) Sat. Night
  • Round 6 - v North Melbourne (Blundstone Arena) Sun. Afternoon
  • Round 7 - v Gold Coast (Gabba) Sat.Twilight
  • Round 8 - v Geelong (GMHBA) Sat.Night
  • Round 9 - v Melbourne (Gabba) Fri.Night
  • Round 10 - v Richmond (MCG) Sat.Afternoon
  • Round 11 - v Port Adelaide (Gabba) Fri.Night
  • Round 12 - v Sydney (SCG) Sat. Twilight
Bye
  • Round 14 - v Carlton (MCG) Fri.Night
  • Round 15 - v Adelaide (Gabba) Sat.Night
  • Round 16 - v Gold Coast (HB Stadium) Sun.Twilight
  • Round 17 - v Western Bulldogs (Gabba) Sat. Twilight
  • Round 18 - v Essendon (Marvel Stadium) Sat. Afternoon
  • Round 19 - v Fremantle (Gabba) Sun.Afternoon
  • Round 20 - v St Kilda (Gabba) Sat. Night
  • Round 21 - v Port Adelaide (Adelaide Oval) Fri. Night
  • Round 22 - v Richmond (Gabba) Sat.Twilight
  • Round 23 - v Collingwood (MCG) Fri.Night
  • Round 24 - v Sydney (Gabba) Sat.Night
Would be as shocked (and annoyed) if we were dealt a 5 day break coming back from Perth.

Think we only got 6 days this year, but 7 should really be the minimum given it's the longest trip in footy (and that should apply for Freo/WC when they fly over too).

I like the fact you've managed to eliminate the need for any back-to-back travels (aside the bye that separates 2 rounds). Little things like that can really compound the travel factor that only non-Victorian teams really appreciate.

That is what I would have thought.
So could certainly see us getting Collingwood and Dees twice, then maybe Port, Saints and Suns.
Which will be a pretty tough draw but that’s what you get when you make the Grand Final.
Plenty of opportunities for '8 point' games though to put some distance between us and our rivals.

That is what I would have thought.
So could certainly see us getting Collingwood and Dees twice, then maybe Port, Saints and Suns.
Which will be a pretty tough draw but that’s what you get when you make the Grand Final.
We get 3 top 6 teams, 1 middle 6 team, and 1 bottom 6 team.

The Suns will obviously be the bottom 6 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was, last time I looked in to the draw.

Maybe dlanod can confirm.
Teams who finish in the top six play 2-3 top six, 1-2 middle six and 0-1 bottom six.

So we can guarantee one bottom six (Suns), and then whatever the breakdown is of the others.

I didn’t think it was a hard and fast 3 top 6?
2-3 top 6, 1-2 middle 6 and 1-2 bottom 6?

Teams who finish in the top six play 2-3 top six, 1-2 middle six and 0-1 bottom six.

So we can guarantee one bottom six (Suns), and then whatever the breakdown is of the others.
And the chances that 'may the odds be in your favour' will come to pass for us and we will get 2-1-2 when others in the final six include Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne seem a little dim and require a greater belief in the 'randomness' of the fixture than I possess.

I expect 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 at best but happy to be disappointed.

(of course if we get 2 bottom six you know it will be Suns and Hawks!)

And the chances that 'may the odds be in your favour' will come to pass for us and we will get 2-1-2 when others in the final six include Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne seem a little dim and require a greater belief in the 'randomness' of the fixture than I possess.

I expect 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 at best but happy to be disappointed.

(of course if we get 2 bottom six you know it will be Suns and Hawks!)
The odds are already in our favour with that locked in Suns game. Some of the other top six won't get any double up against the bottom teams.

The odds are already in our favour with that locked in Suns game. Some of the other top six won't get any double up against the bottom teams.
My apologies I mis-read the 0-1 for the vs bottom six.

So that means were are either 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 and we can be locking in no double ups against Weagles or Norf or the other three of the bottom six.

Of course Gold Coast might make finals finally or Dimma might lose them completely and they take a spoon and the folks who had Geelong and Sydney last year would have thought better of the results as the year panned out.

Unless you are the Dees who got North (2-0) twice. One in Tassie and one at the MCG.
They also had double ups to Hawks (2-0).
Also, Tigers (2-0) and Swans (2-0) who both had bad seasons compared to the previous year.
The other 2 were Lions (1-1) and the improved Blues (1-1)
Total 10 wins 2 losses
I don't think they will be that lucky again in 2024.

Unless you are the Dees who got North (2-0) twice. One in Tassie and one at the MCG.
They also had double ups to Hawks (2-0).
Also, Tigers (2-0) and Swans (2-0) who both had bad seasons compared to the previous year.
The other 2 were Lions (1-1) and the improved Blues (1-1)
Total 10 wins 2 losses
I don't think they will be that lucky again in 2024.

Bet they are peed off they only had the Weagles once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back