Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the teams playing round 0 will have a bit of a leg up come round 1 having blown the cobwebs off.
Could also go the other way with teams with a bye round one being a bit fresher but doubt it. Will have to wait and see.
I think it gives the other teams an opportunity to review their new game plan, while theirs is still under wraps.

I am hating the dees will have played one game against the swans before we start the season. That is a huge advantage even more so if the same applies where there is only a reserves practice match the week before seasons starts. That will mean 2 weeks gap between a practice match against another the team. A five goal advantage to the Dees.

2022: Josh Schache lining up on the wing against Ed Langdon

2023: 4-Headed-Monster feat. Lobb needing ankle surgery

What tactical curve ball will we throw at Melbourne to start our year in 2024?
The Schache to the wing was a master stroke….so good in fact that Melbourne took him off our hands

Rd 1 @ Dees (MCG) Sun 1pm
Rd 2 v Suns @ Mars Sun 1pm
Rd 3 v WCE Sun 1pm
Rd 4 v Cats @ AO Sat 8.10pm
Rd 5 v Ess Fri 7.50pm
Rd 6 @ Saints Thursday 7.20pm
Rd 7 @ Freo Sat 7.30
Rd 8 v Hawks Sun 4pm
Rd 9 @ Richmond (MCG) Sat 7.30pm
Rd 10 @ GWS (GIANTS Stadium) Sat 4.35pm
Rd 11 v Swans Thurs 7.20pm
Rd 12 @ Coll (MARVEL) Fri 7.50pm
Rd 13 v Bris Fri 7.50pm
Rd 14 v Freo Sat 1.45pm
Rd 15 - Bye
Rd 16 @ North (Marvel)
Rd 17 @ Port (AO)
Rd 18 v Carlton
Rd 19 @ Geelong (GMHBA)
Rd 20 @ Swans (SCG)
Rd 21 v Dees
Rd 22 @ Crows (AO)
Rd 23 v North
Rd 24 v GWS (MARS)

Three trips to AO, then one to Giants Stadium, SCG, Optus Stadium and then GMHBA, if you can even call that a proper away game.
And ******* nothing in QLD for the second year in a row. Looks like another year of donating membership $ to the club for zero live footy

Yeah I’m pretty stoked with that, we play good footy there, have shown we can win there. Easy travel, not usually a windy slugfest like Tassie. Much prefer the trip to Tassie, NT or QLD.

Although very stiff for the qld fans two years in a row
Stiff? We’ve been bent over and the AFL has gone in without lube

The AFL better not organise a practice match with the dogs in Qld as that will totally piss me off.

Lucky the AFL didn't try to flog off a practice match here in Qld as a pathetic olive branch sweetener.
Two years with out a game here can you believe it. Well I can't.
Probably in 2025 we will have Buckley's chance as well.
My head is feeling like Krakatoa.

All I want is to watch a real game of footy that has real meaning and real consequences!! Is that too hard to ask for AFL.???

Lucky the AFL didn't try to flog off a practice match here in Qld as a pathetic olive branch sweetener.
Two years with out a game here can you believe it. Well I can't.
Probably in 2025 we will have Buckley's chance as well.
My head is feeling like Krakatoa.

All I want is to watch a real game of footy that has real meaning and real consequences!! Is that too hard to ask for AFL.???

And with the Gabba getting demolished we will probably have to settle for Gold Coast games but Brisbane wont play their games down there - classic QLD government….finally building a train station to service the Gabba and when it’s finished, the Gabba will get demolished

And with the Gabba getting demolished we will probably have to settle for Gold Coast games but Brisbane wont play their games down there - classic QLD government….finally building a train station to service the Gabba and when it’s finished, the Gabba will get demolished

You could have just written "classic government" - the Vic govt, if Comm Games had gone ahead, were proposing spending millions on a pool facility in Geelong, which after the games would be demolished at more cost and replaced with a downgraded facility. Not unique to any party, govts at all levels of all persuasions make ridiculous decisions.

Case in point being the number of significant roundabouts installed in Ballarat in recent years - when every person and their dog knows they will be ripped up and replaced with a traffic-light intersection within 2-3 years at most. Roundabout costs a lot to install, then a lot to remove and replace.

Anyway sorry for the political diversion. I'm a keen student of politics, but the sheer idiocy in decision-making is breathtakingly repetitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could have just written "classic government" - the Vic govt, if Comm Games had gone ahead, were proposing spending millions on a pool facility in Geelong, which after the games would be demolished at more cost and replaced with a downgraded facility. Not unique to any party, govts at all levels of all persuasions make ridiculous decisions.

Case in point being the number of significant roundabouts installed in Ballarat in recent years - when every person and their dog knows they will be ripped up and replaced with a traffic-light intersection within 2-3 years at most. Roundabout costs a lot to install, then a lot to remove and replace.

Anyway sorry for the political diversion. I'm a keen student of politics, but the sheer idiocy in decision-making is breathtakingly repetitive.
Yes you are correct….nearl6 3 years in the sun and I’ve tried to forget how inept they all are.

we have the circle of death coming into Caloundra and they are proposing all sorts of lights and fly overs when the easiest thing would be to install a long slip lane heading to Brisbane that loops back over to Kawana way and make the the current roundabout lanes both turn right only….im laughing at yet another cost blow out on aa major VIC road project in the Northern Ring Road or whatever it’s called. Shoulda just built EW link

And ******* nothing in QLD for the second year in a row. Looks like another year of donating membership $ to the club for zero live footy
That's rough. I'm happy with three games in SA, but we play Port over here pretty much every year (except 2017). So I'd have gladly traded our away game against Port for a game in QLD.

Until the team does a national tour to show off the 2024 cup! 🔴⚪🔵 🙂
They are up here for a week.
I emailed the club to ask if there is any more information about where they will be training outside of the two sessions at Maroochy as both are school days and my kids are desperate to see them. Answer was that the only two public session are the Tuesday and Thursday.

Looks like the kids and I are going Dog Hunting on the weekend….

They are up here for a week.
I emailed the club to ask if there is any more information about where they will be training outside of the two sessions at Maroochy as both are school days and my kids are desperate to see them. Answer was that the only two public session are the Tuesday and Thursday.

Looks like the kids and I are going Dog Hunting on the weekend….
Just let the kids have the day off haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back