Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

First 3 games are Sunday 1pm..

That’s what you get after a poor season I guess!
It’s my favourite time slot (along with Sat twilight). Too much going on rest of the week & late times (when going) kind of annoy me now.

Have an early lunch/late breakfast & you’re into it. Still home at a very reasonable hour even if you have a few beers after the game.

We still have 7 prime time (FTA) in the first 13 rounds despite more Sunday games.
And plenty more potentially if we are in the mix come year end, basically every game from rounds 16-21 could get prime billing.

Rd 15 @ North (Marvel)
Rd 16 @ Port (AO)
Rd 17 v Carlton
Rd 18 @ Geelong (GMHBA)
Rd 19 @ Swans (SCG)
Rd 20 v Dees
Rd 21 @ Crows (AO)
Rd 22 v North
Rd 23 v GWS (MARS)

It makes me sick that we didn't fight hard enough for a year of not going down the hwy to Geelong.

Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon would never play at that ground. It's corrupt. It's all about money. What about equalisation?

It makes me sick that we didn't fight hard enough for a year of not going down the hwy to Geelong.

Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon would never play at that ground. It's corrupt. It's all about money. What about equalisation?
Tigers fixtured to play down there next year now they are not a top 4 contender. Essendope played there twice in 3 years as well. Collingwood the only team to not play down there in the past 5 years or so.

Tigers fixtured to play down there next year now they are not a top 4 contender. Essendope played there twice in 3 years as well. Collingwood the only team to not play down there in the past 5 years or so.
OK, not as bad as I thought then.

Collingwood would have to languish in the bottom four for a sustained period of time before the AFL even considers them playing at Geelong. Even then it would be tough to see that occurring.

AO 3 times is much better result then cairns or tassie
I was going to be happy if we dropped 2 of Canberra, Darwin, Launcy and Gtown, at least that happened. Outside our 2 home games in Ballarat we only play at 7 venues I believe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We must enjoy starting season with a difficult game, 3 years in a row against the Dees at the G. The battle of 2023 major disappointing teams. The dogs not making finals the dees 2 seasons out of the finals in straight sets.

V/AFL H&A matches against Geelong at Kardinia Park in the 18-team era (2012-2024)...

View attachment 1853831

That's 10 of 17 in total we've played them in that same period. Of the other 7, one was the 2020 'home' game at Carrara. In 2014/2015/2017/2021 we only played them once each season - EVERY time at Geelong. In the same period, we also only played them once in a season at Docklands in 2013 and 2018.

In the same 2012-2023 era, Collingwood v Geelong:
19 games
3 finals - 2 MCG, 1 Gabba
17 h&a - 16 MCG, 1 Perth (2020)
Of the 16 h&a at the MCG:
Collingwood home team in 11, Cats in 9.

Could be better, could be worse.

That run home from round 17-23 is very brutal. If we play the same as we did this year, we'd win won or two at best. So hopefully the team is fully clicked into gear by then.

Geelong again, and down there again. Demons twice again, along with opening game. Seems a common theme the last 5 years. Someone tell the AFL there is no rivalry, stop trying to flog it.

Doubles ups are not to bad. Would have liked to see Essendon or Adelaide twice, feels like it has been awhile. Cannot recall the last time we have gotten double ups vs two big drawing teams in same year either our the "big four". Have none this year.

Get North twice, and Eagles and Hawks at home. Avoided Hawks in Tas.

We will never get more than two games at the G sadly.

We should be happy to have some prime time slots still, and the fixture spread near evenly across the days.

The first half of the season super important. Need to put ourselves in a good position before the fixture gets hard.

Carlton dominating the prime time slots yuck! Flogs always do, even when they were finishing last.

AFL showing that they clearly interfere with the fixture to help teams. Suns with the easiest draw, purely by design as the AFL is desperate for them to play finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back