Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate two games in NT. Opening rd at home against tigers is a win in my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think it's s**t house. Just make our round 1 game at home. Having a bye in the first 6 or so rounds followed by 2 weeks in NT means for a team like us that needs all the support we can get on the GC we go more stretches without playing home games. It's so dumb

Process of elimination works!

Bye could take place in either Round 2, Round 3, Round 5, or Round 6.

OR: Richmond @ HSB | SAT MAR 9 Confirmed
R1: Adelaide? @ HSB | MAR 14-17
R2: TBD/Bye
R3: TBD/Bye
R4: GWS @ MT BARKER | SUN APR 7 Confirmed
R5: TBD/Bye
R6: TBD/Bye
R7: TBD
R8: TBD
R9: North Melbourne @ TIO | SAT MAY 11 Confirmed
R10: Geelong @ TIO | THU MAY 16 Confirmed
No reason not to start 2-0 if true.

Dimma will be out to get the wood on Richmond first up, and getting Adelaide at home with a game under our belts while they are just getting back into it is as good a time as we can ask for.

Also, why would not playing a game in Adelaide/Melbourne/Perth/wherever impact growing the game up North?

Surely they could’ve put those opening games in prime time slots and just played the other games around them to not completely f**k the draw? It’s not like a game going on in Perth is going to impact the eyes on the GC v RICH game up here.

Also, why would not playing a game in Adelaide/Melbourne/Perth/wherever impact growing the game up North?

Surely they could’ve put those opening games in prime time slots and just played the other games around them to not completely f**k the draw? It’s not like a game going on in Perth is going to impact the eyes on the GC v RICH game up here.
This way they get an extra week of prime time slots, and to be blunt, none of the 4 northern clubs are going to get a look in for the opening round prime time slots. Not enough eyeballs compared to the big supporter bases, even if the Lions and GWS had great seasons.

I am also very open to the AFL trying new things. If this does not work and stuffs up the draw, get rid of it next year. But have a crack. These games might deliver some of the best ratings ever for Qld and NSW. Brisbane and the Blues on Friday night? Big time.

Last year they tried the Gather Round and it did work well enough (i.e., made enough money) that they are doing more of them. Iron out some kinks, ignore the whinging about the SA teams getting a hand out, and enjoy the bonus round. See how this opening round goes.

Yeah, we should play only one game in Darwin (even better no game) but money talk. Unless somebody has spare 1M?

This fixture starts season earlier :heavycheck:
Opening round gives us prime exposure :heavycheck:
Opening round probably sold out :heavycheck:
2 byes - probably good for players over the long season, advantage over other teams :heavycheck:
Round 1 against team with no opening game should be advantage :heavycheck:
Decent chance to start season with 2 W :heavycheck:

Now can we get those 2 wins? I can't imagine what will happen if we would lose both :)

Last edited:
Sounds like Rd 1 v crows at the bank on the Saturday, if you believe the rumours
402636169_752174216952398_8974556039651785206_n.jpg

Round 0: Gold Coast vs Richmond - The Bank
Round 1: Gold Coast vs Adelaide - The Bank
Round 2: Gold Coast @ Bulldogs - Ballarat
Round 3: BYE
Round 4: Gold Coast vs GWS - Mt. Barker, SA
Round 5: Gold Coast vs Hawthorn - The Bank
Round 6: Gold Coast @ Sydney - SCG
Round 7: Gold Coast vs West Coast - The Bank
Round 8: Gold Coast @ Brisbane - GABBA
Round 9: Gold Coast vs North Melborune - Darwin
Round 10: Gold Coast vs Geelong - Darwin
Round 11: Gold Coast @ Carlton - Docklands
Round 12: Gold Coast vs Essendon - The Bank
Round 13: Gold Coast @ St. Kilda - Docklands
Round 14: BYE
Round 15: Gold Coast @ Fremantle - Perth
Round 16: Gold Coast vs Collingwood - The Bank
Round 17: Gold Coast @ North Melbourne - Docklands
Round 18: Gold Coast vs Port Adelaide - The Bank
Round 19: Gold Coast @ Western Sydney - Homebush
Round 20: Gold Coast vs Brisbane - The Bank
Round 21: Gold Coast @ West Coast - Perth
Round 22: Gold Coast @ Essendon - Docklands
Round 23: Gold Coast vs Melbourne - The Bank
Round 24: Gold Coast @ Richmond - MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a bad draw at all at first glance.

Good double ups (based on 2023), 4 weeks away from the Coast starts in Brisbane which is about the best we can ask for after selling 2 games, get Melbourne, Port, Brisbane, Collingwood at home + Essendon and Richmond which should draw well.

2 trips to Perth, 6 games in Marvel, a Ballarat game and only 1 game at the MCG (the last round) the low-lights.

Definitely a path to 12 wins if we’re serious.

I’ll tell ya what I’m pretty happy with that sraw, pretty soft draw I reckon. Especially early on we aren’t playing anyone at their traditional home ground

This time last year, every team was penciling in the Giants as a Win and the Cats as a Loss. Freo were going to charge into the top 4 after winning a final, the Bulldogs were finally going to crack the top 4, and Port was going to fall into the toilet. Too early to tell.

The things I know: playing the Lions at the Gabba on Sunday night, then a 6 day break into North in Darwin, followed by a 5 day break into the Cats in Darwin, will be a big test. And two trips to Perth is nasty (but not surprising).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back