2024 Fixture

Did the AFL actually compensate us in the fixture for last year's finals debacle?

• Sort of - Better difficulty, but commercial fixture as expected or worse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The draw is what it is. There aren’t many easy games these days so you just have to be good enough

What I can’t get my head around?

Opening Round leading into Round 1. Is it that precious that Richmond and Carlton play the first game of Round 1?

Classic AFL w***erism

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Showdown on the national stage

Round 8, Thursday May 2, Adelaide Oval, 7pm ACDT

The first Showdown ever played on a Thursday night promises to be a must-watch event nationally as the fierce rivals enter 2024 with high ambitions and do battle in a standalone free-to-air clash. The Crows and Power have only met on a Friday night once and they delivered a four-point thriller in that clash, with Port Adelaide prevailing. The Power have won three of the past four Showdowns, including the most recent by 47 points. There will be differing views in 2024, however, about which of the South Australian teams is best placed to have a successful season.”

LOL who the farck wrote this
Lol, they've edited the part about Port winning 3 of the last 4.

But still have the Friday Night winner wrong.......

Already booked flights and accommodation for Perth and Hobart games.

And I have an overseas trip booked, so I'll aim to get back into the country into Melbourne for the Essendon game. Only missing the Brisbane away game and Saints home game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so.

Prime time stand alone as it should be

It's a s**t time slot for attending our biggest marquee game with the ledger on the line. If you want to enjoy it properly, have to take a day off the next day.

I should add that I could really care less about TV ratings and things that matter to administrators. If I have to take a mortgage out on my kidneys to buy a damn season ticket I'd like to maximise my enjoyment.

It's a s**t time slot for attending our biggest marquee game with the ledger on the line. If you want to enjoy it properly, have to take a day off the next day.

I should add that I could really care less about TV ratings and things that matter to administrators. If I have to take a mortgage out on my kidneys to buy a damn season ticket I'd like to maximise my enjoyment.
Sounds like you're more worried about your liver ..

The home game fixture looks pretty good, lots of 7pm games and only 2 late afternoon deadtime games. Away fixture looks less good, 2 MCG games but 2 xQld, 1 x WA, 1 xTas, 1x nsw, 1 x geelong. Still travelling all over the country. At least no Ballarat

Can never take much notice of this, aside from notoriously difficult trips (I.e Geelong).

Some teams slide and become easy beats, or get decimated by injury, others surprise to the upside. There’s even good and terrible times to play teams over the course of a season.

4 games in Melbourne + Geelong is a nice change from the scraps us Vic members have been getting
It's only 1 game better than this year, and the same number of games at the MCG as this year (2).

We could have played Saints at Etihad, Dee's at G, Rich at G, Dogs at Etihad, NM at Etihad for extra Melbourne games

I remember when Crows used to get 7 games in Melbourne as standard for most of the 2000s/10s, so not celebrating a measly 4 at all.

The difficulty of the fixture is really unknown - for example Geelong may finally drop off as we have all expected, likewise Gold Coast might take awhile to adapt to their new coach whilst I believe Sydney overperformed last year.

Only when you look back do you see who really had the harder fixture. I mean we ended up having a horrid fixture last year at the completion of the season.

It's only 1 game better than this year, and the same number of games at the MCG as this year (2).

We could have played Saints at Etihad, Dee's at G, Rich at G, Dogs at Etihad, NM at Etihad for extra Melbourne games

I remember when Crows used to get 7 games in Melbourne as standard for most of the 2000s/10s, so not celebrating a measly 4 at all.

But that was before Gold Coast and GWS entered the comp in 2011/2012.

Back