News 2024 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Fixture info is starting to drop ahead of the full fixture being released this month.

Looks like round 1 v St K in a Saturday night KP meeting!

Geelong could open their new stand in a round one Saturday night blockbuster under lights at GMHBA Stadium against last season’s finalists St Kilda.

The match would pit Chris Scott and Ross Lyon’s wits against each other in a game likely to fill the stadium that would have a new capacity of 40,000 spectators.”

Fixture info is starting to drop ahead of the full fixture being released this month.

Geelong could open their new stand in a round one Saturday night blockbuster under lights at GMHBA Stadium against last season’s finalists St Kilda.

The match would pit Chris Scott and Ross Lyon’s wits against each other in a game likely to fill the stadium that would have a new capacity of 40,000 spectators.”

Not starting the season with 5 away games is a much overdue change. We can hopefully start the season with solid momentum this time, especially after a much bigger pre season.

Are we still on 9 GMHBA games for the foreseeable?

Not starting the season with 5 away games is a much overdue change. We can hopefully start the season with solid momentum this time, especially after a much bigger pre season.

Are we still on 9 GMHBA games for the foreseeable?
Fingers crossed it is a least 10 home games at GMHBA.
With 23 games in a season now it should be actually closer to 11 games.
I know it's wishful thinking but 11 home games should be a given every year for me.

Fingers crossed it is a least 10 home games at GMHBA.
With 23 games in a season now it should be actually closer to 11 games.
I know it's wishful thinking but 11 home games should be a given every year for me.
With STK hosting the Pies at the G in round 2 (another fixture rumour), I hope that allows one of our MCG games to be moved back to KP. 10/1 is probably the best we can hope for.

Is this round zero or round 1?

What are the odds we play Port Adelaide interstate for the 5,787th year in a row, no doubt after a bye again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL confirmed on Monday morning the Gold Coast Suns would host the Cats in Round 10 at TIO Stadium on Thursday 16 May. The match up will be the opening game of Sir Doug Nicholls Round.

The Facebook comments on the post about the Darwin game are doing my head in. The social team put our logo first and all of a sudden the mouth breathers think we are selling a home game.

Takes 2 seconds to click the link and read the first sentence saying it's a GC home game

I agree but I was too confused until I clicked the link on Instagram. I think they should have put suns first to not cause any confusion. Even though easy to see once you look more into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Facebook comments on the post about the Darwin game are doing my head in. The social team put our logo first and all of a sudden the mouth breathers think we are selling a home game.

Takes 2 seconds to click the link and read the first sentence saying it's a GC home game
Your first 3 words here explained the problem

Troll them. Say we need to sell even more games interstate.

Why dont the campaigners just release the entire fixture and be done with it
Arrogant *ers who want to stay in the news.

It may seem like a quaint notion, but remember when the fixture (important for knowing what games you can and can't get to) came out in late October, then they charged membership renewals AFTER that date?

I mean, imaging the audacity of us fans actually wanting to know we are getting before we pay for it.

Arrogant *ers who want to stay in the news.

It may seem like a quaint notion, but remember when the fixture (important for knowing what games you can and can't get to) came out in late October, then they charged membership renewals AFTER that date?

I mean, imaging the audacity of us fans actually wanting to know we are getting before we pay for it.

Yes.

Why dont the campaigners just release the entire fixture and be done with it
Agree... the drip feeding of it every year in a desperate attempt to try stay in the news annoys the s**t out of me.

Also it is hard when they want you to commit to memberships before we see what we are getting, my own personal circumstances work around my better halfs work roster and that can mean I can't make every second weekend.. Would be great if we could see the whole fixture and where the games at home land etc etc to justify it all before they start taking the money

Remove this Banner Ad

Back