News 2024 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of 6 day breaks

Top third - Carlton
Middle third - Adelaide, Bulldogs, St Kilda
Bottom third - Hawthorn, North
Only looked quickly at the first 10 games and we have been absolutely shafted with short turnarounds interstate against decent opersition.
The fixture it's self gets a thumbs up.

Start RANT.

So the AFL has shafted us yet again.
A 40,000 capacity stadium is not good enough for 11 AFL home games??
But it's ok for the GWS Sydney Brisbane & the Suns in their smaller stadiums.
Oh Oh.. I wont mention the substandard stadiums in Hobart, Launceston, Darwin and Alice Springs.
As they will generate enough in viewers on the TV??
If that is the case so will 11 games at GMHBA.

#AFLAreAFookinBunchOfRunts

End RANT.

*Great to see the Dawks venture down the highway. Along with those sooks in stripes.

Geez only one double up against top 6 from last year.

Fixture doesn't matter much for true premiership contenders. We may a bit off that and I think with this fixture a top 6 finish is really a must. Whether we will be seasoned against good opposition by September will be another matter.
It's a gentler start than season 2023, which combined with a much better/longer pre-season hopefully means we can bank some early wins. Two genuine home games and the Bulldogs on neutral ground from the first five is a big improvement.

The block of six games that follows will be tough and it'll be important to deliver at home to GWS (finally) and Port.

A mixed bag after that but no real horror run (on paper).

No double up against Collingwood is good. Likewise avoiding Port on the road.

Playing Richmond at GMHBA instead of the G makes a victory much more likely, and having a home/away game each vs Hawthorn adds balance too.

It would be very disappointing not to bank at least 13 wins from this fixture list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing I.m very grateful for is we don't have to play one of the Round 0 teams coming off their extra bye.

In round 6 Port have to travel to the MCG to play Collingwood coming off their bye (Port do get an extra home game to balance it out though)

North also get to play Carlton on a 6 day break after Carltons bye but that is their Good Friday game so they will be less upset about that

Garbage fixture with too many short breaks and some off or coming into interstate trips.

The lack of competitive integrity in the fixturing is getting worse year on year.

I think it's a horrible fixture.

There's only 3 games in Geelong in the first 9 weeks. That 9 weeks is filled with short turnarounds and interstate trips.

There's a good chance we will have a poor record by the time the third game comes around. If there's one thing I know about our fans they stop turning up when the going gets tough. Could be a half empty K Park for final 7 games of the season there.

It’s a personal opinion and im ok with that but 7:50 is way too late
Say you go to the game your not home until around 11/11:30
The excuse they’ve always used is to allow 9-5 workers to make it, if you can’t make it within 2 hours then you can’t make it.
The types of people who attend footy usually do it religiously, they will always find time to be there
Agree.. looks like it’s now 7.40 which really is hardly worth the bother

I think it's a horrible fixture.

There's only 3 games in Geelong in the first 9 weeks. That 9 weeks is filled with short turnarounds and interstate trips.

There's a good chance we will have a poor record by the time the third game comes around. If there's one thing I know about our fans they stop turning up when the going gets tough. Could be a half empty K Park for final 7 games of the season there.

If they're all as doom and gloom as you, sure!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back