Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t realise it was Easter, So the relevant question is in how many of those fixtures you listed, did we play a home game the week prior?

Again, we are hoping for Essendon North Carlton or the Dogs to land a game at Marvel in round 3 - but as you touched on the fact it’s Easter. North will play the dogs on Good Friday and Hawthorn grab Geelong on Monday.

So really Essendon or Carlton otherwise it’s very realistic we travel.

Cost of wanting the Pies at the G as a home game.

Could legit struggle to get momentum early in the year. Looks like we've gone for money over wins. Part of our good season was hitting the ground running early before others caught up. I don't think we get a fast start next year. Hopefully we can make it up later but you know we get what ever s**t is left over when they do the fixture for everyone else.

Could legit struggle to get momentum early in the year. Looks like we've gone for money over wins. Part of our good season was hitting the ground running early before others caught up. I don't think we get a fast start next year. Hopefully we can make it up later but you know we get what ever s**t is left over when they do the fixture for everyone else.

2009 we had two trips to Adelaide in the first five weeks and a game against perennial finalists Sydney in that time. We were fine.

BTW, we don't get to decide our fixture in a vacuum. The fact that Geelong want to open their (another) new stand against us is a sign we are being taken seriously.

Also, remember we finished 7th after finals, which means we get the 7-12 fixture, just like we did in 2022 and 2023. The fixture shouldn't be markedly more difficult.

Didn’t realise it was Easter, So the relevant question is in how many of those fixtures you listed, did we play a home game the week prior?

Again, we are hoping for Essendon North Carlton or the Dogs to land a game at Marvel in round 3 - but as you touched on the fact it’s Easter. North will play the dogs on Good Friday and Hawthorn grab Geelong on Monday.

So really Essendon or Carlton otherwise it’s very realistic we travel.

Cost of wanting the Pies at the G as a home game.

Carlton are playing North on Good Friday (March 29).

2009 we had two trips to Adelaide in the first five weeks and a game against perennial finalists Sydney in that time. We were fine.

BTW, we don't get to decide our fixture in a vacuum. The fact that Geelong want to open their (another) new stand against us is a sign we are being taken seriously.

Also, remember we finished 7th after finals, which means we get the 7-12 fixture, just like we did in 2022 and 2023. The fixture shouldn't be markedly more difficult.
issue is the AFL has all but committed to the Crows they will get looked after by the fixture this year ... so the AFL are not going to take the "cream" off the big vic teams to cover this ... it will be at the expense of Us the crows will get looked after ...

but if we are going to be a legit threat then it wont matter who we play or when we play we just need to get the job done

The easy start to the season builds momentum. I still have no idea what to expect from us. I'm flip-flopping between confident and pessimistic. I think we should beat Richmond. Geelong at their cauldron is probably because they think we are a bit of an easier kill but not a walk over.

Really hard to make a call on any fixture until you see preseason. People put Melbourne down as an easy kill at the start of their premiership year, Collingwood were meant to be easy before they came good too.

geelong are right on the edge ... they got their dads army boys the flag and played this year like they were content with that ... I reckon the club themselves reckon they can get back and grab another one before they need to rebuild but im not sure they can ... they may come out breathing fire early season and would be keen to make and example of us ...
i really think round one could be a tipping point for the season for both clubs ..
if we win it will be a tight win and i reckon we have belief we can keep going
we lose its prob going to be a somewhat blow out and we start questioning if we have the talent in the list

They lose the fortress isnt what it was the noise of it being over become justified and the confidence drops off
they win they think they are setting up for another crack

I’m hearing the Saints are playing a home game against Essendon again in 2024 at the MCG. Don’t know when but that’s what I’ve heard. I hope I’m on the money..
ojrTGLS.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the fixture... real tough start to the season.

I know it's an even comp and means nothing until the season starts, but on first glance it's a tough draw.

Could easily see us 1-7 to start the year.

It’ll really suck if we cop a heap of Sunday home games in the back half of the season. Struggled to get any value with our reserved seats last season thanks to junior footy clashes.

We need to be going we’ll & playing attractive, fast footy over the 1st 10 games to get more prime spots in the run home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hope the boys got their frequent flyer points ready .... far out we are traveling as much as WCE are in those early rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back