Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Another commercially poor fixture. Thursday vs. the Pies wont be as lucrative as we think, and our home games from Round 8 to 19 are Nth Melb, Freo, Gold Coast, Port, Sydney and West Coast. Probably get more to the Norwood game than these, maybe 100k combined attendance.

Footy wise, it's not inconceivable to go 9-5 into the bye, and not lose again after the bye until the last round. I'd take 17-6 :cool:

One home game in the first five doesn’t help sell memberships. Playing six interstate sides at home won’t help attendances much either. Apart from that we just need to win enough in the first half of the year to be in, or close to, the eight, and then come home with a wet sail. Six home games in the last nine will help.

Fixture isn't too bad considering.. The teams we've doubled up with we have a good chance of beating the likes of Geelong, Richmond, West Coast twice. At least all the travelling is done at the start of the season so if there is some sore boys near the end of the season at least we don't need to travel that often with all the games at Marvel.

Last edited:
Can beat rich, geel, ess and west coast twice. Can beat port at home and maybe even bris so the teams we play twice not a bad result considering we finished higher up the ladder.
On a negative note our big FTA games 2 on thurs , we only get 5 day break going into them compared to their 6 day break.
And 1 day less for the friday night games as well.
5 day breaks are rediculous

Happy with the AFL not annually rogering us with the fixture.

15/23 at Marvel and the G - noice!

Double ups i am liking too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great footy trip options there. Brissy on a Friday and Port on a Friday as part of a long weekend. Decisions!

Hawks in Launceston Sat arvo into Barnbougle for golf on Sunday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Given your nicks, and your similar time on BF, I have always wondered if the two of you were mates.
Now: confirmed!
Planning your golfing long weekends via BF.

The two Thursday nights aren't great for a family including three school kids driving from Ballarat. The second five day break comes after an interstate trip - the Doggies game is almost a schedule loss already.

Another commercially poor fixture. Thursday vs. the Pies wont be as lucrative as we think, and our home games from Round 8 to 19 are Nth Melb, Freo, Gold Coast, Port, Sydney and West Coast. Probably get more to the Norwood game than these, maybe 100k combined attendance.

Footy wise, it's not inconceivable to go 9-5 into the bye, and not lose again after the bye until the last round. I'd take 17-6 :cool:
it depends on what you consider comercially lucrative ... the Thursday game would be prime time stand alone national TV coverage strong selling point to sponsors also being the Pies first game in Melbourne post flag and at the MCG i reckon the magpie army will be out in huge numbers for the game so that will be a decent money spinner ...

the home games are a little hohum but 4 of the 6 you would expect us to be favorites to win so it might convince the Saints members to actually attend the game

One home game in the first five doesn’t help sell memberships. Playing six interstate sides at home won’t help attendances much either. Apart from that we just need to win enough in the first half of the year to be in, or close to, the eight, and then come home with a wet sail. Six home games in the last nine will help.
given our last few years going to games doesnt seem to be a massive consideration for our members so not really sure it will impact all tht much

it depends on what you consider comercially lucrative ... the Thursday game would be prime time stand alone national TV coverage strong selling point to sponsors also being the Pies first game in Melbourne post flag and at the MCG i reckon the magpie army will be out in huge numbers for the game so that will be a decent money spinner ...

the home games are a little hohum but 4 of the 6 you would expect us to be favorites to win so it might convince the Saints members to actually attend the game

Collingwood play Sydney in Melbourne in Round 1 (they play before Round 1 too). Regardless I agree the Pies supporters will be there in big numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back