Remove this Banner Ad

Full fixture released 16th November ...

BOLDED
- HOME GAMES

GREY - AWAY GAMES

1054-COMM23-2024-AFL-Fixture-InArticle-1-.jpg

View attachment 1853682

double up games against pies, giants, port, cats, tigers and roos
That's not too bad at all. I'd fancy us against most of those teams.

Seems like a pretty good draw. Commercially strong with the prime time slots. A fairly 'soft' start to get the season underway, and then only have to travel once in the last seven rounds.

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

5 of our double ups are pretty tough. Do dislike having all our double ups out of the way before we've played at least each team once.
Yeah it's strange we don't play West Coast, St. Kilda and Hawthorn at all until the last 3 rounds.

Distorts the ladder a bit if 1 or 2 of them are particularly strong or weak. Hopefully they are all limping to the finish line, enabling us to manage players as required.

Fixture summary:

• Seven of 14 currently scheduled games on a Thursday or Friday night
    • Four of those as home games against Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne and Geelong
  • Three additional home games on Saturday afternoons against Adelaide, GWS and Gold Coast
  • Additional marquee games:
    • Good Friday SuperClash v North Melbourne
    • King’s Birthday Rivalry Clash v Essendon
  • Opponents to play twice: Collingwood, GWS, Port Adelaide, Geelong, Richmond and North Melbourne.
  • Six interstate games: Fremantle (Gather Round), Sydney (Round 10), Port Adelaide (Round 12), GWS (Round 17) and West Coast (Round 23)
  • Nine games on Channel 7, five exclusively on FOX Footy
  • A total of 17 games in Melbourne, including six of the last seven rounds

Not a bad result. Geelong, Richmond and North twice. Suspect all will be bottom 6. Pies, Port, GWS our other double up matches. Having to play 3 top 6 teams twice not ideal but we match up well to Pies and Port probably most likely to drop out of the 8.

Only have to play Brisbane once. Only one trip to Adelaide and its Port who aren't as formidable at home as Adelaide. Don't have to play Goldcoast at home. We always struggle with that for some reason, and they will be better next year. Two trips to Sydney but we normally do okay there (better then Adelaide at least).

Relatively easy start against Lions, Freo, North, Richmond though it gets harder after that so we can't really afford to drop any of the latter 3 games.

Lots of primetime too.

I'll be interested to see how the fantasy comps cope with the opening round only featuring 8 teams.

I assume it would have to be unlimited trades to totally adjust your team for round 1 (2 really FFS).
No one - no one - think about these comps at the AFL :mad:

the simpsons helen GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be interested to see how the fantasy comps cope with the opening round only featuring 8 teams.

I assume it would have to be unlimited trades to totally adjust your team for round 1 (2 really FFS).

It'll be a bit of a nightmare. My guess is best 12 or something ridiculous in round 0 and then best 18 for all the extra bye rounds.

The unlimited trade thing wouldn't work because then you could theoretically pick a whole team of players playing in round 0, then swap then all out for round 1.

Rd 0 - Brisbane (away) - tough. Brions didn't lose a game there this year, should be strong there again next year.
Rd 1 - Richmond (h - G). 6 day break, but Tigs on a 5-day break. Should win and win well.
Rd 2 - BYE.
Rd 3 - Norf (a - M). Expect Norf to be up and about early, as they were this year. No gimme, but again should win well.
Rd 4 - Freo (Adelaide). Our first win at Adelaide Oval? No reason why not.
Rd 5 - Adelaide (h - M). A bogey side of late, but we should be in a good position to win this at home.
Rd 6 - GWS (h - M). Another home game vs interstate side. Should go in faves.
Rd 7 - Geelong (a - G). Third Sat match in a row, this time at the G. Again should be favourites.
Rd 8 - Collingwood (h - G). Really poor scheduling for a marquee match. Pies get an 8-day break for it, to our 6. Tough proposition.
Rd 9 - Melbourne (h - G). Another 6-day break, but Dees on a 5-day break should give us the advantage.
Rd 10 - Sydney (a). 8-day break for an interstate trip is handy. Swans should be there and about again next year. Even money.
Rd 11 - Suns (h - M). Third interstate side at Marvel. Should win.
Rd 12 - Port (a). Again, shocking scheduling. 5-day turnaround for an interstate trip. At least Port on 5 days as well. Tough.
Rd 13 - * (a - G). And now a 10-day break! Should bury these pretenders.
Rd 14 - BYE.
Rd 15 - Geelong (h - G). Cats for a second time at the G. Both teams coming off the bye, and them notoriously bad at it. Win.
-- no dates yet --
Rd 16 - Richmond (a - G). Win
Rd 17 - GWS (a). Tough.
Rd 18 - Bulldogs (a - M) Favoured.
Rd 19 - Norf (h - M) Win
Rd 20 - Port (h - M) Win
Rd 21 - Pies (a - G) Tough
Rd 22 - Hawks (h - G) Win
Rd 23 - Weagles (a) Win
Rd 24 - Saints (h - M) Favoured.

Always find it funny trying to assess the fixture the year prior, without knowing the improvers and the sliders.

Nonetheless, we've received a pretty good fixture here. Very good, even.

The most Thursday/ Friday night games of any other team - this is awesome.

Six away games, with 1 being the Gather Round and the other being opening round, an accompanying bye shortly after. Effectively only five interstate games with GR removed.

Rounds 5-10 are going to be bloody tough but arguably the perfect part of the season to to have a stretch like this. Crows, Giants, Cats, Collingwood, Melbourne, Sydney. At least the first five games in the stretch are all in Melbourne.

Nine of the last thirteen games in the year are against bottom-eight sides this year (could be both a good and a bad thing).

Overall, I'm very happy with what we've got here.

Go baggers!

North and Richmond twice compensate for the other double ups imo

I wanna play the best teams. No point having it easy during home and away and then be in for a rude awakening in September (Ala Port last season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back