Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Full fixture released 16th November ...

BOLDED
- HOME GAMES

GREY - AWAY GAMES

1054-COMM23-2024-AFL-Fixture-InArticle-1-.jpg

It'll be a bit of a nightmare. My guess is best 12 or something ridiculous in round 0 and then best 18 for all the extra bye rounds.

The unlimited trade thing wouldn't work because then you could theoretically pick a whole team of players playing in round 0, then swap then all out for round 1.

What's wrong with that if it is the same for everyone?

How can you pick a squad of 30 for round zero with only 8 teams to pick rookies from? Especially as most teams playing in that round were strong last year and unlikely to debut many new players.

Hence 5 being tough, not 6.

Commercially it's also a gold mine for the footy club. Our sponsors and advertisers are going to love it!

Cook and Sayers must have cracked upon the bubbly when they saw how many prime time games we get.

It's also a great year to play Richmond twice. We owe them a couple of good old fashioned smackdowns ! :)

Why do Freo get another home game in Gather Round? Should have been our home game this year

Meh, who cares if it’s Fremantle “home” game. It’s an away game for both clubs.

Though we’ll be donning the crappy white strip you’d assume..

I just thought about supporter allocation. Is it a 50/50 split or do we get less because we are the “away” team. Maybe I was too hasty in dismissing it.

I just thought about supporter allocation. Is it a 50/50 split or do we get less because we are the “away” team. Maybe I was too hasty in dismissing it.
Think it’s 1st in best dressed for seats. Members free.
Corporate / dining allocation prob the 50/50% split or they’d gauge interest to maximise patronage between the competing clubs & AFL.
Puts me off venturing over for having to watch Freo in Adelaide. They’re not really a football club.

Think it’s 1st in best dressed for seats. Members free.
Corporate / dining allocation prob the 50/50% split or they’d gauge interest to maximise patronage between the competing clubs & AFL.
Puts me off venturing over for having to watch Freo in Adelaide. They’re not really a football club.

It will be an annihilation. They are pretty s**t.

No excuses not to finish top 4. Finishing off against hawks, eagles and saints just has to be 3 wins. However the fact that we play the SA clubs and saints as "home" games at marvel is criminal. To put into context, collingwood got 60k+ against crows and port at the G in 2023. It is literally impossible for us to match or trump this when we are forced to play at marvel. And not playing the dons twice is a travesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only gripe is only the 5 MCG home games, we deserve to be given at least another game or two more…

A good mixture with the spread of prime time night games while mixed in with the Saturday arvo/twilight games between the early Rd 3-5 & 11 fixed in schedule are more along to my day/time liking, work wise & more family/friends friendly…

9 MCG games
Home : RICH COLL MELB GEE HAW
Away : GEE *** RICH COLL

8 MARVEL games
Home : ADEL GWS GCS WBD STK
Away : NTH WBD STK

6 INTERSTATE Games
BRIS FREM (gather rd) SYD PORT GWS WCE

Looking forward to this year, we’re ready to rock’n’roll…

Last edited:
Great draw. 23 wins.
Agree the sooner we sort the MCG/Marvel split the better, still 17 games in Melbourne and none of this Geelong/Cairns/Tassie/Darwin rubbish that many other clubs endure.
There’s only one time slot worse than Saturday twilight … that being the Sunday equivalent. However, hard to criticise with the swathe of Thurs/Fri headline games.
Our interstate fixtures are mixed. We miss the GC up there - they are going to be difficult to beat at home - Adelaide in Adelaide and Freo in Perth. But the two Sydney teams are always tough away.
Getting Essendon once a year is the compromise for getting the Kings Birthday Eve game.
Waiting list now for all reserved seat memberships … going to be a lot of packed stadiums for our games.

I really like the fixture personally

I think that, for the double ups, Richmond and Cats will be average-poor next year and North should be bottom 4. I also think we match up well against Port (who are over-rated IMO) and Pies. The Giants are a mystery (Will they explode or will people put more time into them/work out how to counter their game style)

Lots of prime-time slots should be great for the bottom line.

Brisbane at the Gabba isn't an ideal start to the season, but it is what it is.

I think it has the making for a top 4 finish and priming us to go deep in to the finals. Im thinking a strong start to the season, then our rough patch towards the middle of the fixture, giving us time to fix up any issues we are having then a slightly easier run in to the finals where we mad even have the opportunity to manage some players before the finals begin.

I really like the fixture personally

I think that, for the double ups, Richmond and Cats will be average-poor next year and North should be bottom 4. I also think we match up well against Port (who are over-rated IMO) and Pies. The Giants are a mystery (Will they explode or will people put more time into them/work out how to counter their game style)

Lots of prime-time slots should be great for the bottom line.

Brisbane at the Gabba isn't an ideal start to the season, but it is what it is.

I think it has the making for a top 4 finish and priming us to go deep in to the finals. Im thinking a strong start to the season, then our rough patch towards the middle of the fixture, giving us time to fix up any issues we are having then a slightly easier run in to the finals where we mad even have the opportunity to manage some players before the finals begin.

Having the Hawks, Eagles and the overrated Saints in our final 3 games of the season is a pretty nice bracket of games leading up to our finals campaign (touch wood)

In all honesty, I am literally flabbergasted we got Norf twice, that was a pleasant surprise.

It was a easier draw than I honestly expected, quite frankly. Not going to complain :)

Only gripe is only the 5 MCG home games, we deserve to be given at least another game or two more…

A good mixture with the spread of prime time night games while mixed in with the Saturday arvo/twilight games between the early Rd 3-5 & 11 fixed in schedule are more along to my day/time liking, work wise & more family/friends friendly…

9 MCG games all up
Home : RICH COLL MELB GEE HAW
Away : GEE *** RICH COLL

8 MARVEL games all up
Home : ADEL GWS GCS WBD STK
Away : NTH WBD STK

6 INTERSTATE Games all up
BRIS FREM (gather rd) SYD PORT GWS WCE

Looking forward to this year, we’re ready to rock’n’roll…
Contracts for 5/6 split, which IIRC 2024 is the last season before we look to switch the other way around.

Hopefully we can squeeze about 7 MCG home games in, go Cookie…
There was a thread last year about this but unfort it wasn’t looking that way, only a switcheroo in the split 6/5 for the ‘G ‘s favour.
“Our preferred position is to have six (games) at the MCG, and five (at Marvel Stadium)," Carlton CEO Brian Cook told 3AW on Friday.

There was a thread last year about this but unfort it wasn’t looking that way, only a switcheroo in the split 6/5 for the ‘G ‘s favour.
“Our preferred position is to have six (games) at the MCG, and five (at Marvel Stadium)," Carlton CEO Brian Cook told 3AW on Friday.

I remember the conversations earlier on in the season on here about it, unfortunately it might just be the way it lands…

Looking unlikely but one can only hope…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back