Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Full fixture released 16th November ...

BOLDED
- HOME GAMES

GREY - AWAY GAMES

1054-COMM23-2024-AFL-Fixture-InArticle-1-.jpg

Playing 3 out of the 5 other top 6 clubs twice and 2 other finalist interstate is not ideal (2nd year in a row with the Swans).

For a second year we only play one of the big 4 twice (and it is the one at the top of this years ladder). Most years we double up against 2 of them.

Interstate 6 times unlike the Pies who only do it 5 times (they always get more Melbourne games)

We do get Cats twice at the G so it is good we don't play on that dung heap down the highway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great draw. Lots of prime time games against big rivals…and lots of Thursday night drinking opportunities for us fans too!

Yep, pub dinners galore!!!

Another bonus, kids playing sport in u14’s and up in bball or football they will be able to attend way more games and in turn parents like myself
Got lucky when we were s**t and getting Sunday/Saturday arvo games galore and kids sport was early enough to still attend the games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty good draw for us. My only complaint is we don't play on the Gold Coast, I usually go up for that game.
Will likely go to Gather round or one of the Sydney games instead.

There's certainly not much to complain about anymore with fixturing. Hopefully we get it right earlier in the year and earn a few more Thurs/Fri games as well.
I don't like the Round O call (hoping it's a one-of) and I don't like (and will never like) Thursday Night (or any other nights/days except Fri/Sat/Sun, unless a Public Holiday) games as a concept. It's purely focussed on television ratings. Kids cannot stay up on a school night and watch a game that doesn't finish until 10:30pm (well 10:45 in some cases), let alone Adults who work shifts.
I realize that's a 'Boomer' call I'm in the minority but it'd be nice if the AFL had more family friendly games (like God-forbid a Saturday afternoon game :rolleyes: ).

However, I am happy overall, with our draw.

Re Gather round tickets going on sale Monday 11/12:

Does anyone know from last year whether it is easy to buy tickets to the Norwood Oval games at the same time as the AO multi-day passes? And can you use the same barcodes? I have 8 barcodes and want 8 AO multis and 2 Norwood Oval tickets.

Last year I only got the AO tickets, but wife is Richmond and they have been banished to Norwood.

Favourable double-ups against Geelong, Richmond and North. Wouldn’t be surprised at 5-1 or 6-0 from that.
Think North will be much better than people think. Should be wins, but they won't be bottom 2 IMO.

Cats/Tiges we should go in as favourites, but they're both well coached and can upset anyone on their day.

Email today:-

Alternate text

Tickets for our Opening Round clash with Brisbane go on sale today at 12pm AEDT.

Limited tickets are available and we anticipate they won't last long!

Please note you do not need to enter your barcode number in the on sale as your membership does not include any entitlements to this game.

Opening Round Event

Alternatively, we will be going on sale with a Club exclusive event at the Plough Inn.

Event inclusions and information:
  • A reserved seat for our game at The Gabba, meaning you don’t have to worry about the ticket on-sale!
  • Substantial canape service and complimentary drink on arrival.
  • Cash bar available for the duration of the event.
  • 20-minute walk to The Gabba.

Tickets are limited and on sale now!

Link:-

Email today:-

Alternate text

Tickets for our Opening Round clash with Brisbane go on sale today at 12pm AEDT.

Limited tickets are available and we anticipate they won't last long!

Please note you do not need to enter your barcode number in the on sale as your membership does not include any entitlements to this game.

Opening Round Event

Alternatively, we will be going on sale with a Club exclusive event at the Plough Inn.

Event inclusions and information:
  • A reserved seat for our game at The Gabba, meaning you don’t have to worry about the ticket on-sale!
  • Substantial canape service and complimentary drink on arrival.
  • Cash bar available for the duration of the event.
  • 20-minute walk to The Gabba.

Tickets are limited and on sale now!

Link:-

Searched for a standard adult ticket and you can get one for $100?!
While the GWS prices were around a quarter of that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back