Upgrade

The next step of our upgrade will be happening on Sunday morning. Expect an outage of around 30 minutes at some stage.

Otherwise, use the site as normal.

Contact support@bigfooty.com if there are any big problems.

2024 Grand Final Predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

AflNerd22

Debutant
Apr 2, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood Vs Gws
Gws by 11 points.
Tom Green Norm smith
Toby Greene most goals (4)

Borussia Teeth

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle SuperSonics, SA Spurs
Carlton V GWS.

Carlton by 26 pints.
Sticks likes this
IMG_0532.jpeg

Obzerva

Team Captain
May 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
LOL! What are you smoking?

It will be North (as the higher ranked team) v West Coast.

Now you got me wondering who the two lowest ranked previous year teams to face off in a grand final are

Back on topic:
Carlton v Giants

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
When was the last time Colling won two on the trot?
When was the last time they had a Coach who got them to the Prelim and then won the Flag in his second season.
All of a sudden your snide question, looks far more likely than you expected.

It’s actually laughable that you think history is relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iago

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2007
Behind the Bar
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Brom,
When was the last time they had a Coach who got them to the Prelim and then won the Flag in his second season.
All of a sudden your snide question, looks far more likely than you expected.

It’s actually laughable that you think history is relevant.
Don't know, unusually defensive response to a genuine question. You won a flag enjoy, no need to jump at every shadow.

Those that don't study history are doomed to make the same mistakes.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't know, unusually defensive response to a genuine question. You won a flag enjoy, no need to jump at every shadow.

Those that don't study history are doomed to make the same mistakes.
It was a snide question.
As for idiom, entirely correct for Global events, not the microcosm of AFL football.

Iago

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2007
Behind the Bar
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Brom,
It was a snide question.
As for idiom, entirely correct for Global events, not the microcosm of AFL football.
The context of the how the question was asked is not for you to say. I would have been more annoyed by the fact that I spelt your club's name wrong.
So why didn't Collingwood win two in a row with their previous premierships. Perhaps the coaching team/club look at what they did then and what worked and what didn't. Or perhaps McRae and his coaching panel looked at why they didn't win in 2022 and then made adjustments for 2023 and won. You know actually study history and make the changes required to not repeat it.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Lions v Magpies with Lions turning the tables:D.

Norm Smith Medal- Will Ashcroft.

Brownlow- Hugh McCluggage.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood V GWS

Norm Smith: De Goey

Collingwood win premiership by 26 points or what ever my score is

First goal Collingwood 2nd minute of the match by a nice crumbing goal by Pendles

Scores

Collingwood 109
GWS 73

Attendance 100,025

Weather cloudy a few showers early then clearing up as the match wears on temps around 22 degs and kind of a mild day and a bit greasy deck

Lock it in.

GWT6

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2011
Western Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
You got one shot at it. Who would you '' Guess '' to play off in next years Granny?

I'll go with a repeat of this years Grand Final. Lions vs Pies with Brisbane topping the ladder. I won't be predicting who's going to win yet.

Nick Daicos for the brownlow.
When was the last time a squib won the Brownlow? Probably Brian Wilson in 1982. Any since?

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
The context of the how the question was asked is not for you to say. I would have been more annoyed by the fact that I spelt your club's name wrong.
So why didn't Collingwood win two in a row with their previous premierships. Perhaps the coaching team/club look at what they did then and what worked and what didn't. Or perhaps McRae and his coaching panel looked at why they didn't win in 2022 and then made adjustments for 2023 and won. You know actually study history and make the changes required to not repeat it.
Read what you have just written - there’s is no way looking back at why Coll didn’t win back to back in 2010/11, 1990/1991 is even remotely relevant to 2023.

Howard Littlejohn

Brownlow Medallist
May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd like to say Brisbane d Port; but its looking more like Collingwood d Carlton (way too early to say that, but what's the point of a pointless speculation thread without pointlessly speculating)

Remove this Banner Ad