Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of day, moore, weddle, mckenzie,newcombe, ginni, Watson, s Mitchell, dear, McCabe, massimo , we should be willing to part with for the right deal.

How do we find pick 15ish for Smith (hypothetically)… Worpel?

Please no one jump down my throat, this is a hypothetical in a hypothetical thread. Worps is one of our only players around that round in a trade and not sure how else we’d get something near that value.

Not sure we would get pick 15 for Worpel without having to swap our 2nd rounds as well?

Personal opinion re Smith:

If we trade either this or next years first for him I will just about give up. In this I’m assuming we finish bottom 3 this season.

We don’t need another bloke in the middle that can’t kick.

I am not 100% sold that we will be better than 3/4 teams next year either.

If we have the opportunity to get an 18 year old midfielder inside pick 4-5 then we must go to the draft with that pick.

Outside of day, moore, weddle, mckenzie,newcombe, ginni, Watson, s Mitchell, dear, McCabe, massimo , we should be willing to part with for the right deal.

Yep agree if someone comes in with a great offer for any player, other than these guys we should really look at it.

We need to be super aggressive to fill the holes we have as players don’t seem to want to come to us so the draft may be the only way.

I’d include Meek, and Maybe Ward.

Personal opinion re Smith:

If we trade either this or next years first for him I will just about give up. In this I’m assuming we finish bottom 3 this season.

We don’t need another bloke in the middle that can’t kick.

I am not 100% sold that we will be better than 3/4 teams next year either.

If we have the opportunity to get an 18 year old midfielder inside pick 4-5 then we must go to the draft with that pick.

If we could keep our first and get Smith or another midfielder surely we would target a tall as our first pick which would allow McCabe to develop as a Backman.

If we could keep our first and get Smith or another midfielder surely we would target a tall as our first pick which would allow McCabe to develop as a Backman.

No matter what, if we have a top 5 pick we must take best available.

If there’s a tall we like and it’s not inside the top 5 we either miss out or trade back if our pick isn’t going to get us what we define as an elite mid.

I like Smith for his upside but coming off two disappointing seasons and a knee reconstruction, he’s worth about pick 8-12. Our pick this year is likely to be a top 3 and next years is obviously unknown

While the appeal of the side he supported growing up and the money we can offer is there, I still expect like most he will choose a contending team and make this a moot point.

Hypothetical trade.
We swap a mid with Geelong for the KPD we were interested in from last years draft (O’Sullivan?), and swap F1 or F2 picks if required (depends on the mid I suppose).
Almost 0 chance they trade out O'Sullivan, but I get the feeling we will end up trading a player to GTown this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who is usually against the sabre-rattling of the PSD - for once we might have something here. If we do finish 17th then if we can somehow get Baz to put a price on his head that would negate Norf then it doesn't matter what Geelong/Collingwood offer - we can just walk him to the PSD.
Then a couple of questions should be asked a) would Baz do that to the Dogs b) do we really want a player that is willing to shaft his former club.

This is why majority of times that teams come to a fair deal for both parties. Anyways we shall see how it plays out.

Last edited:
Our Future First > Gold Coast pick 8,10

Pick 2 > Aaron Cadman
Pick 8 > Mac Andrew
Pick 10 > Bailey Smith

Rebuild over. Let me dream.

Who do you suspect we will trade?
Absolutely no clue.

I would hazard a guess and say they'll attempt to grab one of our young mids or Worps. They'd be an attractive system to play in and I think some of our youngsters being played out of position could be interested.

Hypothetical trade.
We swap a mid with Geelong for the KPD we were interested in from last years draft (O’Sullivan?), and swap F1 or F2 picks if required (depends on the mid I suppose).
Now this is the first one that has caught my attention in this thread. If Geelomg are willing we do a trade for OSullivan

But i doubt it

Absolutely no clue.

I would hazard a guess and say they'll attempt to grab one of our young mids or Worps. They'd be an attractive system to play in and I think some of our youngsters being played out of position could be interested.
It has been mentioned here before that Geelong are into Worps

Their first will be around the mark in a trade

Will Hayward. My second favourite player at the Swans. He has been one of my favourites ever since he debuted. He's becoming an elite forward. He has always been quite consistent in his output, and he is only becoming even more consistent while producing better football. Such a classy forward who isn't afraid to do the hard stuff when needed. At 186cm, he also provides a good marking target. Doesn't turn 26 until October. He's a restricted free agent who would probably leave the Swans for Adelaide or Port. But I think we need to ask the question, and I would give him a good offer.

Now this is the first one that has caught my attention in this thread. If Geelomg are willing we do a trade for OSullivan

But i doubt it
The Cats aren't stupid.

They stockpile KPPs develope them and what do you know, they stay at the top. Then bring in a gun recruit every 5 or so years. Their list management has been first class.

If they are prepared to deal O'Sullivan then there is something going on with him that we don't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back