Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perryman, is this genuine talk or hawks being used to pump contracts? Hopefully he is considering, we starting to become an attractive destination. Would be a great get.

Hopefully with better results. Rayner passes the good bloke check like Scully too, and he isn't injury riddled. I doubt they'd give him up for a 3rd rounder, but if they did I think it would be worth a gamble.

Edit: wonder if Zac Bailey could be an option too.
They might trade Rayner and 8 for 4 to get ahead of a Ashcroft bid.

Rayner is a quality person but a very disappointing career to date for a pick 1. Too expensive to really consider I’d reckon.
Hard to say without knowing the cost though, right? I guess it depends on whether we think we can unlock that "should've been" potential.

As Judd2Sewell suggested (a 3rd) - I'd definitely do that.

Would even consider a 2nd Round Pick slide (their 2nd + Raynor for our 2nd), but that could well end up being in our favour with still ~11 games to play.

Hard to say, this far out.

They might trade Rayner and 8 for 4 to get ahead of a Ashcroft bid.
Except we won’t have pick 4 and it’s too risky Ashcroft could go as early as pick 2. Rayner who I value as a second rounder plus pick 8 for our f1 and pies second. Maybe some swaps. We also trade back for 2 two top 20 picks with our first and trade for smith draft a KP and rebuild over!

Rayner has not shown any ability to play as a mid/fwd like some people hope.
6 years in the system - the time is long gone when 1-2 more pre-seasons gave people hope.

He is what he has already shown.
Unlikely to become anything more than a small/med forward.

Essendon signed 3 fa last year. Goldy, Gresham and mcKay.

Say what you like about the quality of the players but my point is that it can easily be done. And gresh and mckay both had a few suitors.

Yes I know Baz isn't a FA. Point stands. The media are enjoying Sam and the hawks at the moment, if they can keep putting in exciting performances with an attractive brand full of kids just having q great time, more and more players will want to join.

Absolutely perfect ****en timing to add three quality players who will be 24, 26 and 26 at the start of next season.

Go on roughy

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Saints in all sorts.

Keep hearing that a former 3 time premiership winger might be looking to reunite with Rough and Sam for a shot at a 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints in all sorts.

Keep hearing that a former 3 time premiership winger might be looking to reunite with Rough and Sam for a shot at a 4th.

Unless Battle is counting premierships as a fan and has body dysmorphia, I'm personally not interested.

Saints in all sorts.

They did the roadtrip across the nullabore, nobody forgets a drive that long :tearsofjoy:

Sam would get some all time good football out of Hill, if it came cheap its worth it

Saints in all sorts.

Plays his best footy on the wide expanses of the ‘G

Had his chance to do the right thing, chose to count the money instead

He can reunite with Rough and Sam at Premiership reunions

I'd take B. Hill back in a heartbeat, just depends on the contract and trade value.
Anybody saying they wouldn't want him in our team bc he chose the Saints is being petty and vindictive.

If Sam and Rough want him back, then it's good enough for me.
We could get another 5-6 years of good form out of him.

I'd take B. Hill back in a heartbeat, just depends on the contract and trade value.
Anybody saying they wouldn't want him in our team bc he chose the Saints is being petty and vindictive.

If Sam and Rough want him back, then it's good enough for me.
We could get another 5-6 years of good form out of him.

Personally I've got no issue with him choosing to return home and then choosing to go to the Saints.

But I would rather we not bring him back given his age. He's still a good player, but I'd rather we give CJ, Weddle, D'Ambrosio, Mackenzie, Ward, etc game time over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back