Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a lay down misere Ms J. Reckon the Club may have divergent views on Sam. May explain why he was the last player contracted in both the last two seasons.

Unless he is forced to retire, he will put his hand up yet again for next year, whether he plays seniors or not in 2024. I expect you and most here will say ..” but he brings experience, can compete in the ruck, take a contested mark, kick a goal etc..” No doubt I will be in a tiny minority.

:p
Unc, even I will concede that this is the end of the road for Sam 😞

Sam is injured yet again. He made a good comeback in the reserves. But the fact is he is injury prone & not getting any younger. Time to move on. The Young Bull next up

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
If he plays only one game for us at the end of the season to win a premiership with the last kick of the game with seconds to go, he will be worth every penny we paid him.

Sam is injured yet again. He made a good comeback in the reserves. But the fact is he is injury prone & not getting any younger. Time to move on. The Young Bull next up

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tell old mate to move on I’m fine with players finishing up, everyone’s time comes in footy. Don’t see the need to sink the boot in with every post hating on a player. If he’s done so be it thanks for his contribution.

Tell old mate to move on I’m fine with players finishing up, everyone’s time comes in footy. Don’t see the need to sink the boot in with every post hating on a player. If he’s done so be it thanks for his contribution.

Tell Billy Banyo to keep collecting unicorns, buttercups and rainbows.

Your last point is particularly poignant.

I will not pretend to have been a long-time fan of Reid. In fact I spent almost an entire decade not rating him at all. I think it could've been easy for that to have been the way many remembered him. He could've let the years of injuries and form issues and I'm sure confidence slumps and self-doubt get the better of him and at worst, drive him to an early retirement, or at best, had his career slowly fizzle out with a whimper.

The harder thing to do would've been to put his head down, bum up, and produce arguably the best footy of his career after all of that. It might've only been about a year's worth of games across 2021 & 2022 but they were significant in altering the course of his career and how it will be remembered. He'll always have that he was just about a top 3 player in a memorable Swans run that culminated in a GF. That's meaningful IMO, as is the mental and physical fortitude required for him to get there.

No matter what's happened since, or what happens now, I say good on him.

From the afl.com.au injury report:

All eyes will be on Parker and Rampe at training this week as they look to return from injury. Parker will need clearance from a surgeon after breaking his arm and while the Swans will be desperate to have him back, they'd be unlikely to rush him given their hot start to the year.

Nick Blakey (ankle) and Tom McCartin (knee) were both able to play out the game on Sunday despite injuries, while Lewis Melican was subbed out late after appearing to cop a knock in the final quarter.

If any of that trio pull up sore, a return for Rampe against the Hawks will become more likely, although he too must pass a fitness test.

Of course, we await Horse and the club's update....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the Swans normally do the injury update on a particular day of the week or it varies? Can't say I've paid enough attention to it.

Luke Parker

Luke is commencing full training this week. He will be a test to play this weekend.

Dane Rampe

Dane’s hamstring strain continues to improve. He is increasing his running speed and completing intro skill work this week. Will be assessed next week to play.

Sam Reid

Sam’s recovery from a low-grade quad strain is coming along well. He will continue to build up his running and skills work this week. He will be a test next week to play.

Callum Mills

Callum remains on target for a mid-season return from his shoulder injury.

Harry Arnold

Harry is still expected to miss half of the season with the stress fracture in his back.

I worry about Mills just being "mid season".

That could easily be round 12 or round 15-16. It would nice for him to get some real solid form behind him going in to what should be a serious flag tilt so I hope he’s back around round 12-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worry about Mills just being "mid season".

That could easily be round 12 or round 15-16. It would nice for him to get some real solid form behind him going in to what should be a serious flag tilt so I hope he’s back around round 12-13.

I keep hoping that the "mid season" timeline we keep being told includes a mini preseason, and maybe 1 or 2 VFL games?

sataris you know who's fault it is this time
the simpsons paddle GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back