Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We should ban ‘training the house down’ talk and threads.

I’d like a ‘who’s training within themselves and foxing in the pre season’ thread instead.

I think that's a stretch.

It's a minor ligament injury which impacts his change in direction more than anything.

Cardio won't be problem to maintain with such a short turnaround.

Hope you are right.

Not too worried about injuries to mids where we have the depth. Last year and in 2020 we were decimated by key position injuries, which are a lot harder to cover.

I'm just hoping we don't have too many more injuries before we get these guys back, then Mills later. Until then, we have a bunch of young guys who are eager to stake a claim and will get a chance to show their wares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Games played: 0

First choice mids injured: 3

Rate per game: infinite

Thereby a simple linear extrapolation means that by Round 1 we will have no fit mids.

Likely R1 midfield:

C: Melican Lloyd Hamling
R: Fox Rampe Longmire

The consequences of your post prove it is possible to chortle and sob at the same time.

Meanwhile the named Emergencies in the Ressies scratch match.

E: Dawson, Allir, T. Mitchell, G. Sheldrick *

* All have shown promise but have a lot to work on.

Harry Arnold
Harry suffered a stress fracture in his lower back and is expected to miss the first half of the season.

Indhi Kirk
Indhi had his appendix removed over the weekend and will miss 2 weeks.

Harry Arnold
Harry suffered a stress fracture in his lower back and is expected to miss the first half of the season.

Indhi Kirk
Indhi had his appendix removed over the weekend and will miss 2 weeks.

Why don't they get the Academy kids to all have their appendix removed in preparation for a senior career? Lack of foresight. Sack Horse.

Horse: “out for a few weeks”

Some things never change.
There was a media article I read earlier today saying that clubs need to be more open and honest with their expectation for injury time frames so likely horse didn't know the full extent at the time. Apparently this was due to.some Melbourne based clubs being quite secretive with their time frames.

There was a media article I read earlier today saying that clubs need to be more open and honest with their expectation for injury time frames so likely horse didn't know the full extent at the time. Apparently this was due to.some Melbourne based clubs being quite secretive with their time frames.
Yep, "medium-term" Geelong :mad:

Why do I get the feeling it's just gonna be one of those fxxking years already.
I like to think about this in a positive rather than a negative way.
It offers opportunities to the fringe like Roberts, Sheldrick etc. These guys may displace other established players with one good performance.
We have a very experienced side now in the best 23. Last nights game had about 3 players with less than 50 games.
That is healthy as far as winning premierships is concerned. We are definitely right in the window as far as that is concerned.
I think most people don't rate us as a premiership chance but I do.

But I want to have my cake and eat it too. I want a premiership this year AND I want new players coming into the side every year so that we can contend and rebuild/renew and continue to contend forever. Every year.

FFS can we start quarantining all our inside mids in padded cells!

Sheldrick to miss 3-4 weeks with fractured finger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back