Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS can we start quarantining all our inside mids in padded cells!

Sheldrick to miss 3-4 weeks with fractured finger.

Sounds like we'll get a few boys back after the bye in round 5.

Sounds like we'll get a few boys back after the bye in round 5.
Fingers crossed. You're never gonna get through a season without at least one injury crisis in a particular area. Let's hope this is our one and only this year.

If another mid goes down... oy.

Kid cannot take a trick.

If Sheldrick ends up like Ling... :(
Not sure we're anywhere near that yet.

Ankle syndesmosis late last year, knee injury mid-2022, hip soreness over the summer, finger injury now. No connections between them or a sense of recurring issues like Ling had with his foot.

Ankle syndesmosis late last year, knee injury mid-2022, hip soreness over the summer, finger injury now. No connections between them or a sense of recurring issues like Ling had with his foot.
At least a little finger injury, that doesn't require surgery, means that he can keep training (for the most part), and keep his fitness levels up.

Last season it was KPP's now it's inside mids. Amazing how it's actually coming in groups. Next it'll be all our smalls.

Last season it was KPP's now it's inside mids. Amazing how it's actually coming in groups. Next it'll be all our smalls.

Anything happens to Cunningham, I'm coming after you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dragon Ball Cell GIF by Toei Animation

An injury thread that doesn’t include Sam Reid.

Assume Sam Reid will move to the midfield next week.

Broken collarbone too, in his 16’s year.

It’s all impact injury, not stress fractures or soft tissue related - so can be put down to bad luck, not a predisposition to injury ….. but sheesh, he’s surely due a run of good luck.

Broken collarbone too, in his 16’s year.

It’s all impact injury, not stress fractures or soft tissue related - so can be put down to bad luck, not a predisposition to injury ….. but sheesh, he’s surely due a run of good luck.
This is an unpopular AFL opinion, but I am not convinced that it is just about luck. Some players, get themselves injurred by doing just a little more than was necessary and putting themselves in danger.

Rohan did it regularly (IMHO).
I hope Sheldrick doesn’t go that route.

This is an unpopular AFL opinion, but I am not convinced that it is just about luck. Some players, get themselves injurred by doing just a little more than was necessary and putting themselves in danger.

Rohan did it regularly (IMHO).
I hope Sheldrick doesn’t go that route.
I don't know how this would explain someone like Luke Parker though, who is as reckless (in regards to his own safety and wellbeing) as any player we've had yet has been incredibly durable. Others like James Rowbottom and Nick Blakey are stupidly tough and have managed to avoid injuries that have made them miss much footy.

So I think it largely can boil down to luck. Falling one way here, landing awkwardly one way there. An inch or two being the difference between a rolled ankle and a broken ankle, a hyperextended knee or an ACL, a tweaked finger or a fractured finger.

Maybe your comment belongs in the unpopular AFL opinions thread :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back