Injury 2024 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how this would explain someone like Luke Parker though, who is as reckless (in regards to his own safety and wellbeing) as any player we've had yet has been incredibly durable. Others like James Rowbottom and Nick Blakey are stupidly tough and have managed to avoid injuries that have made them miss much footy.

So I think it largely can boil down to luck. Falling one way here, landing awkwardly one way there. An inch or two being the difference between a rolled ankle and a broken ankle, a hyperextended knee or an ACL, a tweaked finger or a fractured finger.

Maybe your comment belongs in the unpopular AFL opinions thread :p
So right. When you look at Docherty doing an ACL from such a simple collision there is a lot of luck that plays it's part in injuries.

Last season it was KPP's now it's inside mids. Amazing how it's actually coming in groups. Next it'll be all our smalls.

Anything happens to Cunningham, I'm coming after you.

Dragon Ball Cell GIF by Toei Animation

Where Are You Cordell Walker GIF by Sony Pictures Television

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would we actually play Mills right away soon as he is available? currently estimated at around round 15 at this stage.

I would imagine a slight hiccup in recovery and his season will be done.
He's doing his own preseason now. Sole captain. I reckon he comes straight back.

I wonder if we'll give Adams another week and play him against West Coast at Gather Round. Smaller ground than the G.
IMO he should play in the ressies before we give him his senior debut.

Didn't play the first practice match, played 50% of the second and has missed our 3 AFL games to date.
Not keen to give him a golden pass.

IMO he should play in the ressies before we give him his senior debut.

Didn't play the first practice match, played 50% of the second and has missed our 3 AFL games to date.
Not keen to give him a golden pass.
Yeah, I'd be okay with that. Ressies this week and see how he pulls up.

He's doing his own preseason now. Sole captain. I reckon he comes straight back.
Its a bummer for the early part of the season, but if our good early form continues, it is exciting to think we will get him back 2/3rds of the way through, fit as a fiddle and raring to get in and at it, as the business end of the season starts to come around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back