Prediction 2024 Jumper numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

If I search your post history, would I find that you were one of the many many supporters who thought we should have broken our promise (contract!) with Buckley that he take over the reins at the end of the 2011 season?

Promises and contracts can and are broken all the time, it’s how you go about it. I reckon a vote at the AGM would be the appropriate way we go about this one.
Contracts are a legal document that can be broken and compensation paid.
A promise is a moral statement.
I believe a moral promise is something to be honoured.
if you believe Collingwood to be immoral, then continue to prosecute your case.

If I search your post history, would I find that you were one of the many many supporters who thought we should have broken our promise (contract!) with Buckley that he take over the reins at the end of the 2011 season?

Promises and contracts can and are broken all the time, it’s how you go about it. I reckon a vote at the AGM would be the appropriate way we go about this one.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we were worried he'd leave for North. I honestly think as a club we learnt so much under Bucks and it set up the Fly era. Old Collingwood may not have considered a guy most of us hadn't really heard of until September, 2021.

I've long held the belief that Bruzzy should get the number 42, if he was offered and accepted of course.
He's the closest thing to Pants that we've had that I can remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s exactly why I reckon the best way to deal with this is to put it to n AGM vote. If you and / or anyone else feel compelled that Collingwood is truly morally bound to honour a promise made by the ghosts of a President past, then vote to keep #42 retired.

That’s exactly why I reckon the best way to deal with this is to put it to n AGM vote. If you and / or anyone else feel compelled that Collingwood is truly morally bound to honour a promise made by the ghosts of a President past, then vote to keep #42 retired.
No need to vote on something that has become part of the fabric of the club for over 30 years.

No need to vote on something that has become part of the fabric of the club for over 30 years.

Well that’s entirely normal. People who would vote ‘No’ on something don’t see the need for the election, and the people who would vote ‘Yes’ do.

A promise is saying you will do something and keep it, nothing to do with morality.

How long do you keep doing it for? 30 years is a long time, circumstances have changed and I very much doubt that many Pie supporters even know of the history of retiring the number and even if they did, the circumstances under which it was retired some would question. Society values have changed.

Maybe it is time for the family to let go.

If this is what occurred, admin at the time making promises for life on behalf of CFC is the immoral act.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we were worried he'd leave for North. I honestly think as a club we learnt so much under Bucks and it set up the Fly era. Old Collingwood may not have considered a guy most of us hadn't really heard of until September, 2021.

Bucks had been at the club under MM for a while when the transition was finally made in 2011 so NM weren’t even a consideration. He’d apparently even offered to defer the transition during 2011 off the back of the 2010 success. People can say and think what they like about Bucks but he was always about what’s best for the club.

For those who have visited AIA centre, is #42 hung up on the rafters under a “Retired“ banner?

For those who have visited AIA centre, is #42 hung up on the rafters under a “Retired“ banner?
That would be a little disrespectful mate.
I'm happy for the # to be put away for life.
Those calling for it to make a come back?
Nah from me...

Daz will always be #42

Remove this Banner Ad

Back