2024 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I need to see the forward line go to another level.

Tex had a career year in 2023, but can he repeat it as a 33/34 year old?

Fogarty and Thilthorpe need to take the next step. Fogarty has set a good platform with 2 seasons of 30+ goals in a row, but at 24 years old the time for him to take the next step is now.

Thilthorpe is younger and thus has more time on his side, but he too needs to start showing consistent improvement. The injury to start this season does not help.

Rankine/Rachele are both excellent. But how much will they play forward? There's a lot of talk about them pushing into the midfield. Neither of them are consistent performers, and I wouldn't want my forward line reliant on 2 inconsistent smalls anyway if I'm looking to push into September.

There's a lot of buzz about them. I just don't necessarily see it happening for them this year.

Long way to go of course, but 3 scoring shots in a half from 23 entries isn’t a great sign from a forward line needing to step up with - and in tonight’s case without - Tex Walker.

I need to see the forward line go to another level.

Tex had a career year in 2023, but can he repeat it as a 33/34 year old?

Fogarty and Thilthorpe need to take the next step. Fogarty has set a good platform with 2 seasons of 30+ goals in a row, but at 24 years old the time for him to take the next step is now.

Thilthorpe is younger and thus has more time on his side, but he too needs to start showing consistent improvement. The injury to start this season does not help.

Rankine/Rachele are both excellent. But how much will they play forward? There's a lot of talk about them pushing into the midfield. Neither of them are consistent performers, and I wouldn't want my forward line reliant on 2 inconsistent smalls anyway if I'm looking to push into September.

There's a lot of buzz about them. I just don't necessarily see it happening for them this year.
What are the lottery numbers?

And do the dogs win tomorrow?

My re-revised prediction ...

1. GW. 17. 6.
2. CB. 16. 7.
3. BL. 15. 8.
4. SS. 15. 8.
5. PA. 14. 9.
6. WB. 14. 9.
7. GC. 13. 10
8. CM. 13. 10
9. GS. 12. 11.
10. FD. 12. 11.
11. EB. 12. 11.
12. ST. 11. 12
13. MD. 10. 13.
14. AC. 10 13
15. RT. 7 16
16. WC 7. 16
17. NM. 5. 18
18. HH. 4. 19.

THU N 5/9/24
2EF MCG
WB 81 - 93 GC
FRI N 6/9/24
2QF MCG
CB 118 - 92 BL
SAT 7/924
1QF ES
GW 49 -.72 SS
SAT N 7/9/24
1EF AO
PA 68- 78 CM

FRI N 13/9/24
2SF GABBA
BL 109 - 65 GC
SAT N 14/9/24
1SF ES
GW 71 - 77 CM

FRI N 20/9/24
1PF SCG
SS 64 - 62 BL
SAT 21/9/24
2PF MCG
CB 99 - 100 CM

SAT 28/9/24
GF MCG
SS. 74 - 87 CM

Just so you know Brisbane and Geelong in Finals even at the Gabba usually doesn’t go well for Brisbane 😉

I like it though, some good choices there

1. Brisbane
2. Collingwood
3. Carlton
4. GWS
5. Melbourne
6. Sydney
7. Bulldogs
8. Port
9. Gold Coast
10. St Kilda
11. Adelaide
12. Fremantle
13. Geelong
14. Essendon
15. Richmond
16. Hawthorn
17. North Melbourne
18. West Coast

Brisbane
Port
GWS
Sydney
Carlton
Collingwood
Melbourne
Gold Coast

Geelong
Western Bulldogs
St kilda
Adelaide
Essendon
Fremantle
Richmond
Hawtgorn
North Melbourne
West Coast

I would likely agree. The problem is, its not the forwards I worry about (which is what triggered me). We didn't score because our midfield and turnover game was dog**** most of last year. Pav would have struggled to get a kick at times. Its the same reason Schultz leaving doesn't bother me. If we don't fix that big stuff, the little stuff like Schultz won't make any difference.

I think for you to finish top 2, you'll need most of those hypothetical improvements. McKay sorting it out would certainly help a lot.
Great win - I may have been way off. I do actually quite like the Freo team so would be pretty happy to see them in the 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here’s the most accurate prediction that you will find

1. Carlton
2. Brisbane
3. Melbourne
4. GWS Giants
5. Adelaide
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Sydney Swans
8. St Kilda
9. Richmond
10. Port Adelaide
11. Gold Coast
12. Hawthorn
13. Geelong
14. Collingwood
15. Essendon
16. Fremantle
17. West Coast
18. North Melbourne

I may have been far too generous with Collingwood here.

Notice a lot of laughing faces on my post. Still plenty of time to be proven wrong but I think they are around that mark as a team.

I think some people may be regretfully adding Geelong back into their top 8 calculations

Don’t see them quite as A+ Graders in terms of the top contenders, but they will be pretty strong.

I think some people may be regretfully adding Geelong back into their top 8 calculations

Don’t see them quite as A+ Graders in terms of the top contenders, but they will be pretty strong.
People didn't watch us last year so they thought we fell off.

When half your list is in bandages and not on the field it's kinda hard to get any sort of consistency. It was week after week after week of guys getting hurt, then other guys coming back and new players getting hurt to replace them...we were playing freaking Sav for a majority of the season FFS.

My ladder prediction had us finishing 7th. Not top 4 or anything like that but NOBODY will want to play us come Finals time.

Geelong could very easily start 5-0.

But it's a 23 game season.
Just need to win pretty much all of our games at Home which we usually do and beat the bottom dwellers eg Eagles, Hawks, Roos ....that puts us over 12 wins which is a lower Finals spot. Winning in Adelaide as the underdog missing most of our midfield crew was huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back