Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst we're on the topic of quality articles, I know this one has captured my mood precisely Heading home! Rioli to miss Port’s clash with Dockers

The quote below sums it up for me, I'm devastated. How did the author know the only reason we watch Freo is to see current and former eagles players play?
It means Freo fans haven’t had a chance to see the small forward face their club since his suspension.

Whilst we're on the topic of quality articles, I know this one has captured my mood precisely Heading home! Rioli to miss Port’s clash with Dockers

The quote below sums it up for me, I'm devastated. How did the author know the only reason we watch Freo is to see current and former eagles players play?
That journo is a peanut.

I’ll be clapping junior next time I see him as he managed to get out of the scum alive.

Its crazy they are still milking so much content on Rioli even after he has left West Coast. Most prolific 50 gamer of all time.

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

I'm surprised SEN were willing to put that exchange down on paper. I know they're both pretty thick, but reading that without intonation or context and they sounded lobotomised.

I'm surprised SEN were willing to put that exchange down on paper. I know they're both pretty thick, but reading that without intonation or context and they sounded lobotomised.
I guess the saving grace is that at least Josh Carr, the ex Freo coach, has had the tremendous privilege of seeing Junior play. While I'm yearning for that day myself, I can rest in the knowledge that the ex Eagles player has been seen in action by the ex Freo coach! Seriously 🙄

Not necessarily relevant right now but thought this was an interesting listen

romatically i wouldve loved to have him back, he was my favourite player before he left but were probs better off without him. what would have had to give up to get him back?

Likely Amiss
It's such a crazy sliding doors moment, Lachie Neale is a brownlow medallist, they are pretty hard to find and while we're all really high on Amiss, he's a long way from proven and Erasmus already has his share of doubters due to his kicking. There's also intangibles such as capspace that likely means no Jackson (but we have the draft picks instead) and we dont take on the now value contract of Brodie so possibly no Johnson either.

It was probably never happening anyway because Neale went about it all the wrong way with Brisbane by not talking to them (clubs dont like letting contracted brownlow medallists leave surprisingly) but the flow on effect is crazy from it happening or not.

It's such a crazy sliding doors moment, Lachie Neale is a brownlow medallist, they are pretty hard to find and while we're all really high on Amiss, he's a long way from proven and Erasmus already has his share of doubters due to his kicking. There's also intangibles such as capspace that likely means no Jackson (but we have the draft picks instead) and we dont take on the now value contract of Brodie so possibly no Johnson either.

It was probably never happening anyway because Neale went about it all the wrong way with Brisbane by not talking to them (clubs dont like letting contracted brownlow medallists leave surprisingly) but the flow on effect is crazy from it happening or not.
I remember when the whispers started happening I was against the idea because our midfield wasn't really our weak point and the cost would be too much. When the news officially came out I wanted him back purely for the romanticism, but it was never going to work. He was the reigning Brownlow medallist at that point with still 5ish years left. Brisbane would've wanted way more than we would've paid. Especially for something that wasn't (and still isn't) a need for us.

I like to think about the finals series and if he would've changed any of the results but I don't really think so. Amiss was great in the win against the dogs and I don't think Neale would've been enough to change the result against Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when the whispers started happening I was against the idea because our midfield wasn't really our weak point and the cost would be too much. When the news officially came out I wanted him back purely for the romanticism, but it was never going to work. He was the reigning Brownlow medallist at that point with still 5ish years left. Brisbane would've wanted way more than we would've paid. Especially for something that wasn't (and still isn't) a need for us.

I like to think about the finals series and if he would've changed any of the results but I don't really think so. Amiss was great in the win against the dogs and I don't think Neale would've been enough to change the result against Collingwood.
I think it was two years left at the time (he’s signed an extension since then) but it’s semantics, you can’t blindside a club as a superstar contracted player and hope to get traded. I suppose he saw us let him go with a year left and thought he might be able to do it again if he pushed hard enough.

Definitely would have made no difference last year

I was stoked Lachie didn't go through and that's before I knew I had to choose between near 30yo Lachie and 19yo Amiss and Erasmus.

It's not that he's not gun it just didn't make sense (to me) to sink bulk trade and salary capital to someone that age (and position) when the majority of our talent is <24 and we still can't kick a score.

Sticking it here so I don't see the result, but did the Freo v Port game just top working in the 2nd quarter for anyone else on Kayo? Replay doesn't work this morning either. Other Kayo stuff works fine.
I don't have Kayo but multiple people have said it's not working

Just checked Kayo

Replay doesn’t work

Mini does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started watching the Mini until I saw Mundy get a kick and thought WTF! I got a little excited thinking those sneaky bastards have been keeping one hell of a secret from us - until I realised it was from last years game🤣
Lift yr game Kayo, hoping to watch the full replay after work with a cold Friday beer this eve if it’s sorted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back