Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

As ****ed as the West is re. Jackson and even the Logue/Acres stuff on Instagram (triggered me, I know others didn't care as much), I feel like it's exactly what I needed to get up for this weekend and the rest of the season. In the immediate aftermath of Saturday night I felt almost disillusioned, months of hope only to be cooked after two weeks. But seeing everyone absolutely bask in us being s**t, shoving it up them this weekend and kicking on from there would feel extra sweet. Hopefully the club see all the s**t and use it as motivation. Come on Freo.
it's the only way you can reverse fortunes. Sir Alex Ferguson used this at Manchester United to the point of mania! Create a siege mentality - "everyone hates us...everyone's jealous/out to get us...wants our spot". Prove them right, give them every reason to be jealous. Stick it the f*** up 'em!!! Kind of thing....granted, United had credits in the bank with Premiership titles, but Fergie never relented. All his career. It's why he was so revered and hated in equal portions.

It's a line in the sand moment. Anyone expecting a free pass is an absolute fool - King's jester crowing gobbledygook in shackles. Time to break the shackles and tell the 'King' to coin his own jokes, the turgid muck-blathering bloated goblopper!! Time to relinquish the captivity of a kingdom paunched on its own grandoise sense of self-importance.

The biased West and other related Eagle's toe-sucking lickspittle cronies are always gonna find an angle to go after us and crucify us - that should be expected everytime we play poorly, what we are doing so well, is giving them extra ammunition by being spud-monkeys at every available turn. Time to stop the spud monkey antics boys...if you wanna climb out of this hole, you have to start this week and onwards...full blown re-evaluation of every thing we're doing wrong, and complete 360 degree reversal!

Round 3, derby time....time to pucker up or move the f*** aside. Do we have what it takes?! I'm not holding my breath but if J-Lo ISN'T the poor wimpy sounding, stuttering awkward speaker we get in public, and can breathe fire and put it in the belly of these deluded Freo folk, now...more than ever, is the time ;)

The West is up to its typical bias tricks treading on Freo whenever they can and pumping up the Eagles. I find it disgusting their back page today having a go at a 21 year old Jackson after 2 games with a new club.
They pump up NicNat whenever they can, and I have nothing against the guy, but in his career he averaged 1.7 marks. Jackson has averaged 2.7 marks (including his time at Freo (12.7 disposals and .6 goals). NicNat averaged 12.3 disposals over his career, in which West Coast have been in finals for the majority. In two games, Jackson has averaged 11. (NicNat has averaged 12.3 disposals and .5 goals over career)
They mention the fact that Jackson is on $900k per year. They do not mention NN on $700k, for 2022 (8 games, 13 disposals, 1.5 marks, .2 goals). Lets compare stats after even 8 games. I know who I would rather Jackson on $900k every day over NicNat on $700k.

Yes Jackson has been average, but lets give him at least half a year before you make a back page example of him. Do not get me started on the comparisons of Sumich with player rankings of Eagles vs Dockers. Laughable. Jackson is a long term player for us and a generational talent. More than happy to give him time to find his feet, while the club sorts its game style out, which would have been a common sense approach for the West paper.

It is disgusting reporting and shows the trollop we have always had to put up with over here in Western Australia.

it's the only way you can reverse fortunes. Sir Alex Ferguson used this at Manchester United to the point of mania! Create a siege mentality - "everyone hates us...everyone's jealous/out to get us...wants our spot". Prove them right, give them every reason to be jealous. Stick it the f*** up 'em!!! Kind of thing....granted, United had credits in the bank with Premiership titles, but Fergie never relented. All his career. It's why he was so revered and hated in equal portions.

It's a line in the sand moment. Anyone expecting a free pass is an absolute fool - King's jester crowing gobbledygook in shackles. Time to break the shackles and tell the 'King' to coin his own jokes, the turgid muck-blathering bloated goblopper!! Time to relinquish the captivity of a kingdom paunched on its own grandoise sense of self-importance.

The biased West and other related Eagle's toe-sucking lickspittle cronies are always gonna find an angle to go after us and crucify us - that should be expected everytime we play poorly, what we are doing so well, is giving them extra ammunition by being spud-monkeys at every available turn. Time to stop the spud monkey antics boys...if you wanna climb out of this hole, you have to start this week and onwards...full blown re-evaluation of every thing we're doing wrong, and complete 360 degree reversal!

Round 3, derby time....time to pucker up or move the f*** aside. Do we have what it takes?! I'm not holding my breath but if J-Lo ISN'T the poor wimpy sounding, stuttering awkward speaker we get in public, and can breathe fire and put it in the belly of these deluded Freo folk, now...more than ever, is the time ;)
360 degree reversal would bring us back to where we started. 🫣

And Ross out of the club. Look at how both of them are going now!
Plus their negative comments about Fyfe at every opportunity!

The best thing for the club and players (and us) to do right now is to detach from the media as much as possible. They’ve been very courteous and accessible to the media and fans but hopefully they can change up their training times a little to give them the privacy to regroup and restart their season by believing in themselves to get it done. The West really is gutter trash.

campaigners

Unfortunately that crap paper has become even more biased than ever.

Tim Kelly has been living off his 2 good years at Geelong and giving next to nothing at the Egos ever since but is a hero because he got a few kicks against GWS, have never seen the Worst ask any questions about his output?

Unfortunately that crap paper has become even more biased than ever.

Tim Kelly has been living off his 2 good years at Geelong and giving next to nothing at the Egos ever since but is a hero because he got a few kicks against GWS, have never seen the Worst ask any questions about his output?
Jelly Belly Kelly
Would make a good headline

Reckon Tim Kelly will have a field day against our blokes. Just been too f’ing easy to waltz out of centre bounce. That’s the time he is dangerous. Need to mix that midfield up or we will get stitched up again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Tim Kelly will have a field day against our blokes. Just been too f’ing easy to waltz out of centre bounce. That’s the time he is dangerous. Need to mix that midfield up or we will get stitched up again
I can guarantee all his career best games for the eagles have been against us. He’s gonna tear us apart

Don’t reckon it was a good idea to share the bbq sesh at Sean Darcy’s with the media right now. It’s a positive story I guess but one you’d tell after winning some games

Don’t reckon it was a good idea to share the bbq sesh at Sean Darcy’s with the media right now. It’s a positive story I guess but one you’d tell after winning some games
At the end of the year we'll be reflecting on it either as the moment we turned our season around or the moment Sean ate all the sausages again

Disagree. As a supporter, it is good to know the boys are supporting each other like that.

Nah I personally like hearing that despite how shit we are doing at the moment there is a connectedness between the group and they are all looking out for each other rather than potentially having a fractured playing group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back