Meet Up 2024 Meet-up thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

With 24 days until our first official hit out for the years, seems a good time to open the 2024 edition of this thread

While pre-match drinks over recent seasons have been a little scarce, they're something which have been popular in the past and we're always open to advertising & inviting all to attend, whether it's for before or after the match - and that includes home matches, those in Melbourne and interstate

For pre-match drinks they often start a couple (or 3) hours before the first bounce - time for a drink or two, maybe something to eat and then get to the game & your seat without missing any of the action

Lord of the Isles was the popular choice for home matches, but it changed hands a few years back, and as St Lord'snot sure if they still have their beer garden or what it's like now days -

In Melbourne we've frequented Hophaus, Duke of Wellington and Young and Jacksons over the years

If folks have other suggestions of places to meet, please share them and the same goes for interstate options

These meet ups are a great opportunity to put faces to usernames

I'm trying to confirm if I can get to Norf or Essendon this year with mates from the 70's. We did it last year for the Dons game. First time i'd seen a couple of them since then. Would be good to catch up with a few BF peeps prior to the game.

Some random decided it would be fun to go to Adelaide for a few days in March...

Anywhere good for a beer before the match... Or even to watch the match if one's unsuccessful in getting a ticket 😂

Some random decided it would be fun to go to Adelaide for a few days in March...

Anywhere good for a beer before the match... Or even to watch the match if one's unsuccessful in getting a ticket 😂
I went to the cricket a few years and at tea went to a pub that wasn't too far that I thought was quite good. I'm just trying to google now, it could've been the British Hotel?

Lord of the Isles was the popular choice for home matches, but it changed hands a few years back, and as St Lord'snot sure if they still have their beer garden or what it's like now days -
Soulless and s**t, went there pre match last year and it has no atmosphere or feeling anymore.

Barwon Club HEAPS better... albeit bloody near impossible to get a table

Soulless and s**t, went there pre match last year and it has no atmosphere or feeling anymore.

Barwon Club HEAPS better... albeit bloody near impossible to get a table

I think I've been there once since they changed hands and found it a bit meh, but wasn't sure if it was different on match days

Love the Barwon Club, and the food is great

Definitely the Sôl Rooftop bar at SkyCity. If you can't make it to the game, you can hear it from the bar.

Definitely the Sôl Rooftop bar at SkyCity. If you can't make it to the game, you can hear it from the bar.

I was able to get a ticket - sitting the bay beside our cheer squad. I normally avoid the cheer squad area but don't mind the idea of it at an interstate game

Sounds like a good place to hit up for a drink anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was able to get a ticket - sitting the bay beside our cheer squad. I normally avoid the cheer squad area but don't mind the idea of it at an interstate game

Sounds like a good place to hit up for a drink anyway
Did you end up going there, or anywhere else for a drink?

Did you end up going there, or anywhere else for a drink?

Not last night - though I ended up sharing a drink on the hill with fellow Cats supporters

I also knew I probably shouldn't have been going out afterwards - had a 5am-ish wake up this morning for a tour to Kangaroo Island, so couldn't really afford a big or late night

Still got a couple of days here to explore a few options

Gather round is a great vibe

Anyone coming to see the Bailey Smith cup?

Not last night - though I ended up sharing a drink on the hill with fellow Cats supporters

I also knew I probably shouldn't have been going out afterwards - had a 5am-ish wake up this morning for a tour to Kangaroo Island, so couldn't really afford a big or late night

Still got a couple of days here to explore a few options
19 years I've lived in Adelaide and I haven't made it across to K.I. yet! Have fun, enjoy your time. It's a beautiful spot!

Not sure who's heading to the G' on Monday or if anyone's up for a beer and/or bite to eat beforehand

I know a regular catch-up location in Melbourne has been Hophaus but they've decided to not open on Easter Monday over recent years 😢

But there's the classic option of Young & Jackson's, https://www.youngandjacksons.com.au/testimonials

I know a pre-finals fav has been Duke of Wellington, https://dukeofwellington.com.au/menu/

While a few regular attendees at our Melb catch-ups I know enjoy an important European beer, and at Beer Deluxe in Fed Square they have those available - is also an easy walk to the ground from there, https://beerdeluxefedsquare.com.au/eat-drink/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back