2024 Membership Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bought one of those 2 game memberships when they were on sale for Tommy’s 350th. Can someone explain to me how the tickets work. Do I need to claim them at a certain time or am I just able to rock up to the game and it’s first in first serve kind of set up?

Nope - might email them today for an update.

Just got this "mail out"-wide email, so I assume we'll all get this email today.

Hi <firstname>,

Thank you for your patience while we fulfil your 2024 membership card order.

To ensure you have your membership card and are all set for smooth entry to our Round 5 game against the Roos at GMHBA Stadium on Sunday, we are writing to advise that your card has been sent via priority post from our mail house and is due to arrive by Friday.

Please note that your membership card will only provide scan in access to GMHBA Stadium matches. If you are attending our matches at the MCG your card will not scan in, please contact us if you require assistance with your tickets.

Mobile Membership will continue to be available for all our GMHBA Stadium and MCG matches, please click below for more information.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact Membership Services alternatively there will be Membership staff available to assist with any enquiries from 11am at Gate 1 and 13 on Sunday.

Kind Regards,
Membership Services

That's a bit s**t. It's almost like they are .... trying to make the whole physical card thing as unpleasant as possible.
Considering how late just the welcome letter, sticker, pens thingy took to go out, let alone the member items, it sounds like something major has gone wrong this season. in all my years going pre-premiership breakthroughs, don't remeber it like this.

Just got this "mail out"-wide email, so I assume we'll all get this email today.
Yeah I got that one as well. Not sure about the member's choice items that I ordered back in Feb though for each membership, still not a thing two months later.

"♫ ♬ We are Geelong, the worst membership department of all ♫ ♬"

Yeah I got that one as well. Not sure about the member's choice items that I ordered back in Feb though for each membership, still not a thing two months later.
We got those last month, I posted the date on an earlier post here.

In related news our cards and lanyards arrived today (Melbourne). Folks back "home" (Geelong) still waiting, maybe tomorrow I guess.

We got those last month, I posted the date on an earlier post here.

In related news our cards and lanyards arrived today (Melbourne). Folks back "home" (Geelong) still waiting, maybe tomorrow I guess.
Just realised that even the promised express post of the lanyards didn't arrive either.

I'm glad our team is so awesome on field because off field I'm really starting to hate how GFC treat their members. Actually I think the hate started during the covid years, but at least they had an excuse back then. Now, not so much.

Does anyone know how to get tickets in the standing room as a member for the Richmond game. Your able to get standing if you don't put in your membership barcode but as soon as you do it wants you to upgrade and pay $15 for a seat. It wouldn't be an issue normally as you can just scan in but on the mobile membership it says the Richmond game is fully ticketed. Seems ridiculous that non members can buy standing or general admin but members can't secure them and need to upgrade..

Hi folks. I have 1 extra ticket for lions cats at the GABBA. If anyone wants it. In the verandah area. Happy to off load it for half price. So $55. Just rather it not go to waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks. I have 1 extra ticket for lions cats at the GABBA. If anyone wants it. In the verandah area. Happy to off load it for half price. So $55. Just rather it not go to waste.

Ticket taken

Just realised that even the promised express post of the lanyards didn't arrive either.
My father's STILL hasn't arrived. My mother calls the club yesterday. They reckon it wasn't made OR sent out (unknown) because someone might've thought it was a duplicate of my son's (they have the same legal name). Mind you junior vs adult membership, different addresses, different accounts (not under me), different DOB, different tenure, different contact details, different numbered seat. I could go on.

You cannot make all this stuff up. In all my years as a member, never had such a sh*t-fest like this regarding membership related things. You have to wonder what happened this season, because it cannot be tied to the stand opening late. It's just nuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My father's STILL hasn't arrived. My mother calls the club yesterday. They reckon it wasn't made OR sent out (unknown) because someone might've thought it was a duplicate of my son's (they have the same legal name). Mind you junior vs adult membership, different addresses, different accounts (not under me), different DOB, different tenure, different contact details, different numbered seat. I could go on.

You cannot make all this stuff up. In all my years as a member, never had such a sh*t-fest like this regarding membership related things. You have to wonder what happened this season, because it cannot be tied to the stand opening late. It's just nuts.
So bad. They eventually sent mine but not my son's, then said the member's choice order had been lost in their system.

Another crappy deal.

It used to be 20-30% off after a win

It always alternated across different area - discounts on New Era products, free heat press numbers, free shipping etc

I've never seen a blanket 20-30% off anything you want

It always alternated across different area - discounts on New Era products, free heat press numbers, free shipping etc

I've never seen a blanket 20-30% off anything you want
Definitely happened, here's one from August last year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_233621_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_233621_Outlook.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 17
Another crappy deal.
Its VERY disappointing that this is what they offer after such a win, where it was expected we wouldn't win by bookies, AND puts us on top of the ladder, and a start not seen since 2013.

They sure as hell didn't delay sending a timeiy "buy your premiership membership add-on" email right after.

Mm New
Definitely happened, here's one from August last year.

That's what's I mentioned above - it's only off the Cotton On range which really isn't an extensive range

It's not a blanket 20% off all items

So 3 game memberships are currently $52.50 each (buy one get one free though) with the code SDK50 which seems a good deal.

I have a quick question that I was hoping someone might know the answer to; I haven't done the membership thing in decades and wasn't entirely sure what I was doing in the app haha, but I clicked on Geelong v Carlton in the mobile membership part of the app just to see if there was any GA information about this weekend's game (which I'm not 100% on attending), and now it says "2 tickets" on it. Have I accidentally committed to going this weekend? Or will they just roll over if I don't use them? Thanks :)

Hey folks - I'm a bit lost with how I'm supposed to use my 6-game flexi membership.

I have the 6 GA tickets in my Geelong app available to use, and I can add them to my Apple wallet - but the option to transfer one of these tickets is visible but greyed out.

What's the correct process for my partner and I to access the game tomorrow using two of these tickets?

1714125259606.png

Hey folks - I'm a bit lost with how I'm supposed to use my 6-game flexi membership.

I have the 6 GA tickets in my Geelong app available to use, and I can add them to my Apple wallet - but the option to transfer one of these tickets is visible but greyed out.

What's the correct process for my partner and I to access the game tomorrow using two of these tickets?

Hope you find your answer. I only this week discovered my own membership workings. Silly me thought a digital membership would be something as simple as a nice Geelong related picture with a barcode on it. You know. Like a digital version of a membership card. Something I could store in a folder somewhere on my phone and whip it out at my convenience.
Nope. Mr tech future man says it's way easier to download an app, log into that app, then download another offline app and put the barcode there in case the online app doesn't work.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back