Position 2024 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we feel about ldu? Worried the “north ball” style might see less stoppages?
Wow i have not heard the north ball term used outside the north board.
I have no idea how it will effect ldu. He has always had low scoring preseason games and started the year well.

The bigger factor for north selections is our draw. Gws,Freo, carlton and Brisbane to start the year.
3 of last year's prelim finalists.

"It was great to see 'Clars' back out there - he's put in a power of work over the off-season, to get himself in a position to be selected," Viney said.

"His transition back to playing was terrific, it's great to have him back.

"He's coming off not ideal preparation, he's had knee surgery, he played modified game minutes coming into the season.

"He's probably not at his 100 per cent fittest, but even 'Clars' at 70-80 per cent is freakish ... he'll get back to his best real quick."

This is what I'm thinking .. inside mid coming off a 30 disposal game, cream rises to the top. Extra week in compared to 10 other teams. I could see him flying by Rd 3/4 and good luck getting him in post bye early days for 600k+

Just when you thought "Parksy" was the cringiest nickname of the pre-season, we now have "Clars"

Just when you thought "Parksy" was the cringiest nickname of the pre-season, we now have "Clars"
Reckon that might've been lost in translation by the reporter (Viney does tend to talk like he has a mouthful of food lol). Imagine it was 'Claz', which they've been calling him for years.

I have no idea how it will effect ldu. He has always had low scoring preseason games and started the year well.

The bigger factor for north selections is our draw. Gws,Freo, carlton and Brisbane to start the year.

Is ‘north ball’ like ‘Baz ball’?

Will Clarko be harping on about moral victories this season

haha 😂

I think i heard Wardlaw say it in a presser after the pies game. I'm also a little worried Young tags LDU

Why would he be talking about a game in 2 weeks it makes no sense.
??

Wardlaw was talking about "north ball" after the praccy game against the pies. Using their speed and skill from half back to really take the game on. I can see that possibly affecting LDU.

Young tagging him in round 2 is just a gut feeling i have, nothing to do with what wardlaw was saying in the press conference.

"It was great to see 'Clars' back out there - he's put in a power of work over the off-season, to get himself in a position to be selected," Viney said.

"His transition back to playing was terrific, it's great to have him back.

"He's coming off not ideal preparation, he's had knee surgery, he played modified game minutes coming into the season.

"He's probably not at his 100 per cent fittest, but even 'Clars' at 70-80 per cent is freakish ... he'll get back to his best real quick."

This is what I'm thinking .. inside mid coming off a 30 disposal game, cream rises to the top. Extra week in compared to 10 other teams. I could see him flying by Rd 3/4 and good luck getting him in post bye early days for 600k+

“He’ll get back to his best real quick” screams basic ‘give the media only positives’ speech though. Why would he get back to full fitness quickly, fitness that he’s achieved through months of solid pre season, compared to the hampered and interrupted one he’s had this summer?

He’s Piggy and you don’t lose his ball winning smarts so still expect 100+ early days but there was none of the drive out of the contest and long kicking that won him those extra 10-15 points from his early 2017-2019 years. He will always find the ball and dish it out, but he’s at his best when he has strings to the bow.
Also well down on tackles (had 2, most other inside mids had 6/7 - Jordon, Sparrow, Heeney, Viney).

I think it smells like the s**t coming out of Richmond how Dusty was having a “career best” pre season? Like really; he’s fitter and stronger than when he got 36 Brownlow votes? I mean, really?
They just say these things to be supportive and build each other up.

Overall I don’t necessarily think Oliver is a “losing” pick - at the very least you’ve got someone who you slot in at M2 and ignore for the year, but I don’t think trusting his teammate that he will just magically get back to full fitness is the play.

??

Wardlaw was talking about "north ball" after the praccy game against the pies. Using their speed and skill from half back to really take the game on. I can see that possibly affecting LDU.

Young tagging him in round 2 is just a gut feeling i have, nothing to do with what wardlaw was saying in the press conference.
I've chosen not to mention north ball here because
Well
It's totally open to ridicule.
It's clarkos new game plan and tbh I think it will be fun to watch but we will have some big scores scored against us.
I don't really see he has any other option .
I reckon Larkey will kick some bags though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My top 10 mids prediction
1. Green
2. Petracca
3. Bont
4. Rozee
5. Brayshaw
6. Dawson
7. Gulden
8. Oliver
9. Butters
10. Anderson

I’m starting Bont (captain option, tipping average 125+), Rozee, Brayshaw + Newcombe who I think will fall short of top echelon but is value pick (108-110 av).
Avoiding 2 bye mids due to my other lines but aiming for Green & Anderson/Miller/Rowell (whoever looks most top line) early.

Excludes DPP e.g. Naicos

My top 10 mids prediction
1. Green
2. Petracca
3. Bont
4. Rozee
5. Brayshaw
6. Dawson
7. Gulden
8. Oliver
9. Butters
10. Anderson

I’m starting Bont (captain option, tipping average 125+), Rozee, Brayshaw + Newcombe who I think will fall short of top echelon but is value pick (108-110 av).
Avoiding 2 bye mids due to my other lines but aiming for Green & Anderson/Miller/Rowell (whoever looks most top line) early.

Excludes DPP e.g. Naicos

Interesting you don't have Zerrett, Laird, Neale or Dunks.

My top 10 (on average)

1. Bontempelli
2. Green
3. Butters
4. Liberatore
5. Petracca
6. Zerrett
7. Gulden
8. Dunkley
9. Dawson
10. Parish

Remove this Banner Ad