Strategy 2024 Midprice Madness

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's that time of year where all of us that love a Midpricer get to take on the Guns N Rookies Coaches.

There will be the old argument as to what price the midpricers are for me I think after Top rookie price around $205k - $450k
Any player over $450k you really should be looking as a premo keeper for the season unless they get injured.

There seems to plenty this year that have caught my eye so far that could be good cash cows under $300k:

Zac Williams $216k
Charlie Comben $227k
Jack Billings $244k
James Harmes $258k
Heath Chapman $252k
Nat Fyfe $283k
Tom Lynch $287k
James Jordan $275k

Well it's that time of year where all of us that love a Midpricer get to take on the Guns N Rookies Coaches.

There will be the old argument as to what price the midpricers are for me I think after Top rookie price around $205k - $450k
Any player over $450k you really should be looking as a premo keeper for the season unless they get injured.

There seems to plenty this year that have caught my eye so far that could be good cash cows under $300k:

Zac Williams $216k
Charlie Comben $227k
Jack Billings $244k
James Harmes $258k
Heath Chapman $252k
Nat Fyfe $283k
Tom Lynch $287k
James Jordan $275k
Under that definition, I’m currently rolling with 7.

Owens 445
Wardlaw 365

Phillipou 287
Xerri 407

Lynch 287
Williams 216
Comben 227

My hypothesis is that the first two will be keepers, and the next two will be traded at their byes (granted, there is also a decent chance Phillipou will be worth keeping beyond then if he gets dpp as f7/m9).

The last three will be pumped and dumped as soon as they’ve made enough cash.

Under that definition, I’m currently rolling with 7.

Owens 445
Wardlaw 365

Phillipou 287
Xerri 407

Lynch 287
Williams 216
Comben 227

My hypothesis is that the first two will be keepers, and the next two will be traded at their byes (granted, there is also a decent chance Phillipou will be worth keeping beyond then if he gets dpp as f7/m9).

The last three will be pumped and dumped as soon as they’ve made enough cash.
Wardlaw keeper? Ballsy early prediction.

The kid is a gun, but is a still a kid and has some very tight strings on him.

Wardlaw keeper? Gutsy early prediction. The kid is a gun, but is a still a kid and has some very tight strings on him.
He’s a freak mate. As you say, the main qualification at this point is his durability. All the training reports have been unanimous that he’s been in consistent outstanding form this PS.

Barrass is my p.o.d. midpricer. Hopefully the ball still gets in to the Eagles back line regularly.

At the moment have two of Lunch/ Harmes/ Jordon plus Williams. Billings could replace any of the first three.

Big preseason watch on Chapman. Averaged 75.9 in a flaky fashion over 14 games in 2022 and priced at 46. That year he had no set position. In his fourth year Young's back line position has now become vacant.

Barrass is my p.o.d. midpricer. Hopefully the ball still gets in to the Eagles back line regularly.

At the moment have two of Lunch/ Harmes/ Jordon plus Williams. Billings could replace any of the first three.

Big preseason watch on Chapman. Averaged 75.9 in a flaky fashion over 14 games in 2022 and priced at 46. That year he had no set position. In his fourth year Young's back line position has now become vacant.
Chapman apparently training with the mids to play wing vacated by Henry

Lynch
Chapman
Williams

Likely starters for me if they get through the preseason

Not big on the rest but might do a bit more research
Billings for me. Reckon he goes 85+

True midprice madness is in the 350k -500k range

It’s about those POD breakout players who no one else wants to touch but you believe are premos and you can go 15+ premos deep to start the season by trying to guess a breakout
Much better definition, means I only have 2, not the 9 under Dusty's criteria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does a sub $600k rule mean midprice madness?

View attachment 1883771

You gone full ken Bruce
Going Crazy GIF
Audrey Whitby Reaction GIF by AwesomenessTV

I'd be very surprised if Martin played off hbf. Maybe he was training there to try and add some defensive mindset to his wing/mid role

Seems most likely.
While he had a good season offensively, there was some stat floating around about him conceding the most disposals to opposition wingers.

One thing to consider with MPM this year is that the main benefit is the scoring boost you get in the early season through players 13-22. As four of the first six rounds have best 18, this effect will be reduced as guns and rookies teams without a lot of R0 players will be able to loop to get 22-25 scores to get a best 18 from.

My view is this will weaken the strategy and I'm pretty firm on a GnR structure with 1-3 mid-pricers (Williams, Lynch, Fisher, Amon, M Crouch etc). This allows you to restructure to get the key mid-pricers after R2 still so you don't miss the best value picks, however, avoids a lot of the risk associated with MPM.

Still love the fun of the structure, but worth considering that it may not have the potential that it does in other seasons.

One thing to consider with MPM this year is that the main benefit is the scoring boost you get in the early season through players 13-22. As four of the first six rounds have best 18, this effect will be reduced as guns and rookies teams without a lot of R0 players will be able to loop to get 22-25 scores to get a best 18 from.

My view is this will weaken the strategy and I'm pretty firm on a GnR structure with 1-3 mid-pricers (Williams, Lynch, Fisher, Amon, M Crouch etc). This allows you to restructure to get the key mid-pricers after R2 still so you don't miss the best value picks, however, avoids a lot of the risk associated with MPM.

Still love the fun of the structure, but worth considering that it may not have the potential that it does in other seasons.

This can only work if the Rookies are scoring well and not under 50 and also it's best 18 so MPM might be an advantage. Also your theory of trading in Midpricers after R2 means either trading out premos to get them or starting with lots of cash in the bank.
Starting with Midpricers if they are a bust are an easy downgrade to a rookie who might have been missed or possibly trading a couple 1 up and 1 down.

Seems most likely.
While he had a good season offensively, there was some stat floating around about him conceding the most disposals to opposition wingers.
Either way, he's had one training session kicking balls off hb. Hardly anything to get excited about at this stage ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back