Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Since our last flag we’ve also burnt our fair share of first round picks.
Just of the top of my hand, names like Dylan Smith, D Motlop, David Trotter, Brett McKenzie, Taylor Garner, Hansen come to mind. Not to mention second rounders like Will Walker FFS

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Every team has 1st round busts.

Hansen stiff to be added to your list - he played over 150 games.

You know, every man and his dog want's Ben King, on just about every board its the same thing, get King, now I know things change but the chances Ben King is going to leave Gold Coast is about the same as you winning cross-lotto two Saturdays in a row. Gold Coast are going to be a very good team and much like us, after going through lets just say bad times, I can see it changing quite quickly, he's not going anywhere. Other options include, J.U Hagan, the talents there but the money is way to much, considering in say 3/4 years a lot of our youngsters are going to be on a lot more money than there on now, so no! Mr Cadman up next, huge potential, can move very quickly and can take a grab, don't think he will leave but while the price is low, now is the time to do it, if he's not happy. Maybe a few more but a lad by the name of Kayle Gerreyn from West Perth, has got unbelievable potential in my opinion. He has played key forward and ruck and its key forward where I feel he will shine. He is not in anyone's top 20 although there might be someone that will have in there. If he plays to his potential next year, there will be 17 club recruiters keeping a very close eye on him. He still has to do it, but believe me its there.;)
If it's the same Gerreyn family I'm thinking of, his old man was a gun state FF back in the day - was on Hawthorn's list at one stage I believe and his mum was a gun basketballer in the WA state leagues.

Hope so, because they're an absolute quality family, so he would have his head switched on.

You know, every man and his dog want's Ben King, on just about every board its the same thing, get King, now I know things change but the chances Ben King is going to leave Gold Coast is about the same as you winning cross-lotto two Saturdays in a row. Gold Coast are going to be a very good team and much like us, after going through lets just say bad times, I can see it changing quite quickly, he's not going anywhere. Other options include, J.U Hagan, the talents there but the money is way to much, considering in say 3/4 years a lot of our youngsters are going to be on a lot more money than there on now, so no! Mr Cadman up next, huge potential, can move very quickly and can take a grab, don't think he will leave but while the price is low, now is the time to do it, if he's not happy. Maybe a few more but a lad by the name of Kayle Gerreyn from West Perth, has got unbelievable potential in my opinion. He has played key forward and ruck and its key forward where I feel he will shine. He is not in anyone's top 20 although there might be someone that will have in there. If he plays to his potential next year, there will be 17 club recruiters keeping a very close eye on him. He still has to do it, but believe me its there.;)

Video below if people would like a closer look. There are a growing number that feel Kayle is the top prospect out of WA for 2024. It certainly doesnt hurt that he's grown 6 or 7cms in the last year.

The pool of talented mids for the 2024 draft seems bottomless. Xavier Lindsay is a tough and hard working inside mid. He tackles hard, runs both ways, and can do damage with his foot skills when he has time and space.

Every team has 1st round busts.

Hansen stiff to be added to your list - he played over 150 games.
Agreed. Motlop wasn't a bust from a talent / selection POV, neither was Garner. Our record of selection over that period isn't unreasonably bad - particularly with what we had to work with.

Video below if people would like a closer look. There are a growing number that feel Kayle is the top prospect out of WA for 2024. It certainly doesnt hurt that he's grown 6 or 7cms in the last year.

Top stuff Noobermensch, I wasn't concerned when he was 192, because he's got the ability to do things others can't. I thought he looked taller, but didn't know that he is now 198, I guess if he cuts loose next year like I expect him too, a lot of people who only swear by forwards who are 195 or taller are going to be happy. Last year he played a lot of ruck which is good, learning different positions, the craft to play that position and being versatile most definitely helps as a 17 year old 12 months out from his draft. Also from that first paragraph, his attack on the ball, his hands and his agility for a young man his size is outstanding. Crashing packs? Don't worry about that either, he can do that no worries. I do hope for the majority of next year he plays one of the key forward roles, that he was born to play. I know its mainly a mids draft and yes some footballers don't reach their ceiling for whatever reason{ I really hope I'm not jinxing him} but if every thing clicks, their is going to be a certain player crashing that top 10, and it won't end there. You know I have not heard the word GENERATIONAL so much in the last 4 years, I think ever! Not saying that the odd player hasn't earnt that tag, but goodness me, its like in horse racing, a good horse wins some big races and he's a champion! Mind blowing, if by somehow either through form, injury or personal reasons next year, it doesn't happen, one important thing to consider is that you don't lose your potential and ability, its still within you, the key is unlocking it. :padlock:

Can anyone provide a quick bio on Finn O’Sullivan? From the write up it sounds like he’s a potential no.1 draft prospect, if not at least top 4.

Of course, I’m not wanting to finish bottom 4 again but there’s clearly a chance it’s on the cards so any bonding with this kid over the next week or so would be gold.
1701737093879.png
1701737102780.png

FOS is the second cousin of Sam Walsh.

Three more. At the moment I've settled on one vid per day (on week days) over the off season. If any of you have a 2024 prospect you'd like to see more of let me know.

Honestly with mids being so heavy this draft it is the time to potentially bank 1st rounder for key forward…. Cadman I’m looking at you!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smile has a big year lots of clubs will be lining up for him. *ess would love a big bodied mid like him and for us he is a point of difference in our mid. Cripps/Bont type mid. We don’t need any more 180cm mids.
But can he play back flank?

An excellent game from the early favourite for pick 1 in 2024. Finn showed his elite evasion and disposal skills, as well as his breakaway pace and strong overhead marking.

Damn he would be good if he slides to 3/4 and we snag him, looks like Robert Harvey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back