Strategy 2024 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some see this thread as negative and too early, but as activity dwindles in the last few rounds of the season, I believe this thread is handy to have going, as it encourages users to continue to contribute.

Also, lots of things that occur in the last few rounds of the season often carry over into the next year.

1690239363129.png

Jack Steele?

Will I put myself through the pain again?

Speculative pick, but Will Day (Bont 2.0) is a gun, even as a MID only and priced at 100, I reckon he goes 110+.

Seagull Sheezel will improve.

Brayshaw, Steele and Mills are all value. Mills will probs be in 50% of teams.

Rozee and Butters are absolute jets, and both have 120+ potential, even as expensive MID only picks.

I think Darcy Cameron is value, even at 95-100 average, especially when Cox loses his spot (which I expect to happen). Will he retain FWD DPP though?

The big difference between 2023 and 2024 will be the forward promos.

This year we had Cogs, Rozee, Butters, Dunkley, Taranto, and Gulden. Most had 4 or 5 of these.

I don't think any of these will be forwards next year so its going to make the top 8 or so very tough to pick

Might go with a young midpricer policy to try and jag a few breakouts.

Mitch Owens
Connor Nash
Nic Martin
Wanganeen-Milera
BJ Williams
Rachele
Xerri
Wanganeen-Milera priced at 85-90 would be a solid D3/D4 option.

Windhager and Sheldrick priced at ~60 average will be tempting if they retain FWD DPP.
I'm not touching any starting pick in the $300k's unless it's super obvious. Tried being a smarty pants this year and picked some breakout players. Not worth the risk, I'll just trade them in the $400k's if necessary (and it rarely is).

Jack Steele?

Will I put myself through the pain again?
Absolutely on the radar as an underpriced premo. Will need to see a lot of houses being trained down, but he's showing he can still score.

Suspect Touk will be popular. Will try to avoid the $700k players I think, but Daicos with D/M a lock. Petracca will be F1 for everyone.

PS - Inb4 the thread gets locked.

Last edited:

This year we had Cogs, Rozee, Butters, Dunkley, Taranto, and Gulden. Most had 4 or 5 of these.

I don't think any of these will be forwards next year so its going to make the top 8 or so very tough to pick
Baz Smith at a new club where he's getting a full time mid role would be a lock.

Macrae might still be value.

Petracca F1

Flanders, especially if he moves clubs.

One of the pod's (forget which) said Gulden a chance to keep it, but I doubt it.

Will make picking mid's interesting. Hard to pass on Dunkley.

It might finally be time for Witherden to become a premo seagull if Hurn finally decides to hang up the boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TDK looks good if Pittonet is playing VFL.
TdK to Geelong seems to be the rumour.

Players moving clubs is fertile SC ground though.

Any decent player to WC for example (Jeremy Sharp a lock, hopefully he doesn't play this season). DevRob if he goes there.

Jack Crisp isn't getting CBAs, he often lines up at half back and half forward (when he's not on the wing). Doubt it'll be enough for DPP, but if it is, he's worth a look as a DEF or FWD.

TdK to Geelong seems to be the rumour.

Players moving clubs is fertile SC ground though.

Any decent player to WC for example (Jeremy Sharp a lock, hopefully he doesn't play this season). DevRob if he goes there.
Sean Darcy to Geelong was spoken about on Footy Classified last week. TDK staying at the Blues was also mentioned.

If Sean Darcy leaves Freo, Jackson will be in 50% of teams.

Himmelberg priced at 75-80 as the 3rd tall at either the Swans or Giants will be popular.
If Sean Darcy leaves Freo, Jackson will be in 50% of teams.
F1 Petracca (M/F)
F2 Jackson (R/F)
F3 HH (D/F)
F4 Flanders (M/F)
F5 Reid, Harley (M/F)

Done and dusted.

I’m going to keep the same strategy I used this year.

4 captains
All starting 22 being midpricers 300k or less with good job security (max 350 for the right player)

Cheap bench rookies

Hope Daicos gets DPP again.

Then I just need to remember to be more patient and buy low on premiums

Avoid carnage by not playing at all
Season 6 Dancing GIF by CBBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back