Strategy 2024 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Owens has had some huge scores and just needs to build some consistency. I'm also keen on Windhager.

He Averaged 92 for the first 9 rounds but once Ben King came back in Round 10 his average dropped to 71 in the last 13 games.

What's the goss on role this year

Training as an inside mid according to early track watchers. Spent the majority of 2023 on a wing.

Other early rumour is Karl Amon to half back.

The other potential breakout consideration is Josh Weddle who looks likely to assume a wing role if Amon and Ward do indeed shift around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100,000 identical teams for round one if we are all picking from the 10 teams that miss round 0.

Better get the VC/C right!

Yep. Can't see how you could pick any players from those teams but I also cant see how you skip them all. Going to make rookies hard as there aren't normally that many to choose from.

Some popular names too. Daicos, Miller, Walsh, Neake, Dunkley, Cripps, Green, Kelly, Gulden, Adams, Gawn, Grundy, Oliver, Petracca.

Should have a good choice of rookies this year but damn does the extra byes hurt with planning. Why cant they just have round 0 as a northern states special round and have 5 games in Sydney Canberra and Blacktown and 4 games at cairns, goldcoast and the lions temp place.

At the moment the only rookies in the first round I would consider are outside the top 10 maybe and Windsor. Mckercher likely to spend most of his on the forward flank. I don't think he'll have the tank yet to play wing much. Reid will be split between forward and midfield likely and likely play like Dusty in his first year (avg about 75.). Curtin I dont see playing many games in his first year. Duursma a marking forward. Watson same as mckercher but has more competition for spots. Sanders will be a 60 avg at most because he'll be a pressure forward and they dont score high in a dogs side. Caddy likely avg similar to Perkins or Cox first year but only if he starts forward (50 avg). Line through O'sullivan as he'll probably play like 5 games at most. Same with Read. Walter will likely play a few more games if he has the tank but I dont expect he'll be a high scorer. Windsor Is the 1 I'd look at most because he play flank/wing most taking over pickett who they want to rotate in the midfield if possible and is body ready. Bonus if he starts back. Rogers most likely a forward pocket. So out of those Windsor, & *Wilson.

As for Mid-Pricers and premos I'll wait to see closer to round 1. Most likely Clayton Oliver I would look heavily into during the pre-season. Also Gawn as he is free of Grundy.

McKercher has been training on a back flank

Desperate Housewives Waiting GIF by HULU
Waiting Gif GIF
GIF by NDR
Tom Petty Waiting GIF

No it hasn’t. AF is starting rd 1 and ignoring OR (except for including OR scores in averages/price changes once rd 1is complete)
I understood there was unlimited trades (fanatasy) between R0 and R1 .....but stand to be corrected

AFL FANTASY will commence in round one in 2024, a week after Opening Round, as the team at Fantasy HQ looks for the best way to navigate the unique start to the season.

With Opening Round to consist of just four games, the Official Fantasy game of the AFL will start a week later with a full slate of nine games from March 14-17.

Prices will not change between Opening Round and round one. Scores from players who participated in Opening Round will impact their price movements after round one. This, along with timing of bye rounds for certain players, will dictate some strategy with initial team selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back