Strategy 2024 Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well Done Thank You GIF by Spotify

"The AFL isn't anticipating changing the substitute rules, with the League comfortable with the current system of four players on the interchange bench and a substitute to be activated at any time, but has "welcomed feedback" from clubs on their thoughts."

🚮

"The AFL isn't anticipating changing the substitute rules, with the League comfortable with the current system of four players on the interchange bench and a substitute to be activated at any time, but has "welcomed feedback" from clubs on their thoughts."

🚮
They brought the sub rule in a day before the season started, kents do anything.

lol @ the "Maynard Rule". That's been there for years, basically means players can do anything and not get banned in the finals. He would have got a month in the regular season and everyone knows it.

I’ll probably save piggy for an upgrade target. Hard to know until team picker is up and rookies start to show up in preseason

Aka rookies dictate structure. Especially your 123k rookies who tend to make up your whole bench. (Or if that’s even viable this year with Sub shenanigans)

I’ll probably save piggy for an upgrade target. Hard to know until team picker is up and rookies start to show up in preseason

Aka rookies dictate structure. Especially your 123k rookies who tend to make up your whole bench. (Or if that’s even viable this year with Sub shenanigans)
For me the priorities are -

playing rookies
3/4 captain options (price irrelevant)

Then it's a matter of weighing the value premo's vs who will be the top players in each line. Some times these may overlap, like Grundy for example.

I'm going GnR this year, think I'll probably try to just start as many players as I can that will be in my completed team. Durability a big selling point this year.

For me the priorities are -

playing rookies
3/4 captain options (price irrelevant)

Then it's a matter of weighing the value premo's vs who will be the top players in each line. Some times these may overlap, like Grundy for example.

I'm going GnR this year, think I'll probably try to just start as many players as I can that will be in my completed team. Durability a big selling point this year.

For me I think my Captain priced players will be Daicos + 1 mid + 1 ruck + Jackson (over priced but actual premo forward + ruck cover + good bye)

Just can’t see myself picking Oliver over every other good mid. Bont, Trac, Neale, Dunkley, Butters, Rozee, Dawson, Tom Green ect

Just seems an unnecessary risk

For me I think my Captain priced players will be Daicos + 1 mid + 1 ruck + Jackson (over priced but actual premo forward + ruck cover + good bye)

Just can’t see myself picking Oliver over every other good mid. Bont, Trac, Neale, Dunkley, Butters, Rozee, Dawson, Tom Green ect

Just seems an unnecessary risk
Yeah there are A LOT of good mid's this year. Should help to create some variety. Can make a case for starting any of 15+ for various reasons.

Daicos is interesting, he has a date with Finn in round 4 then the bye round 5. You could possibly leave him as an upgrade and hope he's a bit cheaper. Might even get tagged by Windy in round 2? Risky though as he will be very high ownership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah there are A LOT of good mid's this year. Should help to create some variety. Can make a case for starting any of 15+ for various reasons.

Daicos is interesting, he has a date with Finn in round 4 then the bye round 5. You could possibly leave him as an upgrade and hope he's a bit cheaper. Might even get tagged by Windy in round 2? Risky though as he will be very high ownership.
Good thoughts

I'll probably go with Pedlar as my (C) option ......gee I love off-season (not)

Drink drunk Dr.-Evil.gif

Personally that early of a bye scares me as if I nail my rookies it’s almost too early to upgrade.

Also if I’m upgrading to Daicos in week 7/8 assuming he scores poorly in week 4 that’s 1/3rd of the season done without him.

That’s too much risk for me. For my starters I just want proven premos with easy fixtures. Then upgrade to fallen/discount premiums later

Personally that early of a bye scares me as if I nail my rookies it’s almost too early to upgrade.

Also if I’m upgrading to Daicos in week 7/8 assuming he scores poorly in week 4 that’s 1/3rd of the season done without him.

That’s too much risk for me. For my starters I just want proven premos with easy fixtures. Then upgrade to fallen/discount premiums later
Yes the safe play is starting him. Will probably be in 50% of teams too, so very risky to fade.

Anyone got access to the latest article with prices? Only need a few and we can figure out the magic numbers starting place.

Looks like Z Williams has copped a bigger discount than expected too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back