Training 2024 Pre-Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knevitt needs to go back to the VFL and get leather poisoning for a couple of months.

He needs to learn to play with more aggression. I hope he can otherwise I’m not sure he has much of a future.

Edit - intensity is probably a better word

He needs to learn to play with more aggression. I hope he can otherwise I’m not sure he has much of a future.

Edit - intensity is probably a better word
Might be intensity but he just goes missing for large chunks and that won’t cut it long term. It’s a recipe for delisting.

He does seem to fade. Might be fitness. Either way it's vfl for at least a month ideally
I might be misremembering but I had him pegged as a bit of an endurance beast.

Knevitt seems to perform to the level you put him in at the moment. He looked only ok at VFL level last year but actually stepped up well when prompted to the senior team. Completely the opposite of Dempsey who dominated VFL but had little impact in the AFL.

Not sure what to think about him really. Definitely worth giving him some opportunities and time until the end of 2025 to see where he's at. Looks well off it at times though.

We need an endurance beast who is a penetrating kick, can mark and has pace to play on the wing. Isaac Smith a huge loss. Knevitt fails on the penetrating kick and the pace (although I do think his pace is deceptive because of his loping gait). If he can play wing I think he is our best option there. He is a good mark, has high endurance and whilst not high pace is ok. The fail is on the lack of penetration in his kicking. The other plus is that his handball is high quality but you need players around him to take advantage of it.

I agree that he seems to be one of those players that just steps up when played at AFL level. Will play to the same level in both grades

Last edited:
Might be intensity but he just goes missing for large chunks and that won’t cut it long term. It’s a recipe for delisting.
I think that’s true on the wing. When they put him on ball in the VFL second half of last year it wasn’t an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With our round 1 team now announced, it signals the end of the pre-season and time to welcome the start of the 2024 season

Thank you for your contributions to this thread over summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back