Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

doggies ftw

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thought it’d be worth getting this thread underway with the young’uns back pretty soon, rather than congesting up the good old one size fits all list management thread…

869C8C68-EEC2-4F6C-8FCE-B4CDE2D9DF02.jpeg

JOD is going to be a massive unit when he fills out, bloke is broad as *. Really promising 1v1 craft this year too - I think he projects as genuine CHB material

Thought it’d be worth getting this thread underway with the young’uns back pretty soon, rather than congesting up the good old one size fits all list management thread…

View attachment 1843725

JOD is going to be a massive unit when he fills out, bloke is broad as *. Really promising 1v1 craft this year too - I think he projects as genuine CHB material

Will be a gun

It's possibly not what the OP had in mind but I think BF needs to do its own pre-season too.

Anyone know any good melting drills? Got any new BevoOut type chants or tropes we could practise? ("No Plan B" is getting a bit tired.) Who's our resident expert in maggotology? Also I'm not sure our face-palming technique is quite right. I got a black eye last year, and that was from point blank range. It might also explain those recurrent headaches I got every weekend over winter (except when we had the bye). And where can we get some plastic card blanks to run through the microwave? (I mean really, has anyone actually tried it? Does it really cook the card?)

Hopefully we won't need much training in outrage. And we should be fine for inability to recognise sarcasm. Or tolerate nuance. We rated pretty well in all those facets of the game last year.

1698816862321.png
With the right application I reckon we can excel this year. We just need to do the hard yards now.

• Banned
It's possibly not what the OP had in mind but I think BF needs to do its own pre-season too.

Anyone know any good melting drills? Got any new BevoOut type chants or tropes we could practise? ("No Plan B" is getting a bit tired.) Who's our resident expert in maggotology? Also I'm not sure our face-palming technique is quite right. I got a black eye last year, and that was from point blank range. It might also explain those recurrent headaches I got every weekend over winter (except when we had the bye). And where can we get some plastic card blanks to run through the microwave? (I mean really, has anyone actually tried it? Does it really cook the card?)

Hopefully we won't need much training in outrage. And we should be fine for inability to recognise sarcasm. Or tolerate nuance. We rated pretty well in all those facets of the game last year.

View attachment 1843821
With the right application I reckon we can excel this year. We just need to do the hard yards now.
Nah the off-season copium is in full swing right now baby, our list is unmatched, coaching line up is primed - Bevo is rejuvenated and ready to step into a boundary line motivator role, Pratt is going to rebuild the backline and Egan & the coaching line up are taking full control of game plan, Dickos going to come in and have Marra & Naughty going at 75% in front of goal, we’ve got the best youth &/or spine ever amassed in the modern game.

Surely should win the flag next year.

Hopefully I can save my melts for a little bit later in the year next year, calling for the coaches head at half time of round 2 was a real low

I had a dream last night that I was on a tram in Denmark, kitted out in doggies gear, travelling to a footy match with other supporters. In the dream, someone on the tram asked me whether I posted on BigFooty.

I take this to mean that our 2024 season will be so successful that we will be world champions of football, recognised even in northern Europe. Or possibly that our fixture will involve a lot of travel.

I hope the compression on Libba's knee is just precautionary. The bloke has been on borrowed time for several years. Every elite year we get out of him is an absolute after what he's gone through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a dream last night that I was on a tram in Denmark, kitted out in doggies gear, travelling to a footy match with other supporters. In the dream, someone on the tram asked me whether I posted on BigFooty.

I take this to mean that our 2024 season will be so successful that we will be world champions of football, recognised even in northern Europe. Or possibly that our fixture will involve a lot of travel.

I had a dream last night that I was Tsutomu Yamaguchi in 1945. I fear season 2024 will not go well for us.

watch

Excited to see how Caleb Poulter and JOD go with proper a pre-season and development. Both did well with limited prep.
I'm quite bullish on Poulter. Towards the end of the season he was showing more confidence and was starting to impact games more consistently. Has just turned 21 and with plenty of upside could be a regular on the wing next season.

Really need last year’s draft crop of Busslinger, Gallagher and Clarke to not only get through pre-season unscathed but do well enough to be pressing for best 23 from early next season.

Big pre-seasons needed for Garcia, McNeil and Bedendo too, not much deadwood between them and big delisting buzzsaw any more.

The hype in the 2023 pre season thread was unreal. The match sim write ups had us thinking we had 40 best 22 players raring to go and the 4-headed monster up forward was going to take the competition by storm.

Seriously I just hope we arrange 2 proper pre-season games this year and don’t go into round 1 on the back of a hit out against a team who’s so s**t the AFL keeps propping them up with priority picks and a second game against our own reserves.

Is the tatt on his right forearm Bart's rag on a stick? Respect, if so.

images

Although... and not often I'd say this about Libba, but he could have upped his game a bit:

1698893399926.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back