Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie pie

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
So the preseason is nearly upon us and all through the media it will become prediction season so let’s start it off here.

Top 8: Pies, Lions, Blues, Suns, Crows, Giants, Swans and Bombers.

Our BnF: Nick Daicos

Brownlow: Nick Daicos

Coleman medal: Larkey (NM)

Our leading goal kicker AJ

Rising star: Harley Ried

Best young player for us: Ed Allan

Surprise player to take off and dominate: McCreery (Mid field time) and Finn McRae finally gets to show his skill.

Player to drop off: WHE not because of form but younger players kicking the door down.

Wooden spoon: Eagles

Big riser on the ladder: Suns and North.

The Fall from grace team: Port

The meh team who were just going: Cats

Premiers: Pies back to back

Norm Smith: IQ

Sacked coaches: Bevo and Simpson

Biggest scandal: Melbourne and a certain player with more issues coming.

Ginny being booed: Yes or No (yes)
Tay and Grundy being booed: Yes or No. Tay yes, Grundy No

The one “expert” to have us dropping out of the 8: Kane Cornes or that flog from champion data who kept telling us why we shouldn’t be on top last year. I can’t remember his name.

Finally Mark and Goal of the year. AJ Mark and Bobby goal.

Thanks everyone, yes it’s a bit one eyed but what do you expect. Flagpies 2024

Top 8: Pies, Lions, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Port, Giants, Suns
Our BnF: Jordan DeGoey
Brownlow: Bontempelli
Coleman medal: Jamara
Our leading goal kicker - Checkers
Best young player for us: Reef
Surprise player to take off and dominate: McCreery (not a real surprise more so for others)
Player to drop off: Cox
Big riser on the ladder: Suns, Adelaide
The Fall from grace team: Carlton
The meh team who were just going: Richmond
Premiers: Collingwood / Sydney
Norm Smith: Jordan DeGoey
Sacked coaches: Bevo and Simpson and the guy from Freo
Biggest scandal: Clayton
Ginny being booed: I don’t watch enough VFL
Tay and Grundy being booed: Nope

Finally Mark and Goal of the year. I think Howe has a MOTY in him and Josh Daicos for his third GOTY

Grundy all-australian
benefitting from smaller ground and dean cox as coach

Just gonna do Collingwood since idc about other teams.

Pies vs Blues GF. I want this so bad.
Checkers leads the goal kicking again.
De Goey wins the BnF
Macrae most improved and is best 22 from early on.
IQ, Moore, Jordy, Nick all make the AA team
Jamie Elliot drops off sadly
Beau and Schultz make the opposition scared to pick the footy up in our fwd line.

Think a few of the older heads could lose their spots along the way. Pendles and Steele won't but Titch and Billy could.

So the preseason is nearly upon us and all through the media it will become prediction season so let’s start it off here.

Top 8: Pies, Lions, Blues, Suns, Crows, Giants, Swans and Bombers.

Coleman medal: Larkey (NM)

Our leading goal kicker AJ

Surprise player to take off and dominate: McCreery (Mid field time) and Finn McRae finally gets to show his skill.

Player to drop off: WHE not because of form but younger players kicking the door down.

Big riser on the ladder: Suns and North.

The Fall from grace team: Port

The meh team who were just going: Cats

Premiers: Pies back to back

Norm Smith: IQ

Sacked coaches: Bevo and Simpson

Biggest scandal: Melbourne and a certain player with more issues coming.

Ginny being booed: Yes or No (yes)
Tay and Grundy being booed: Yes or No. Tay yes, Grundy No

The one “expert” to have us dropping out of the 8: Kane Cornes or that flog from champion data who kept telling us why we shouldn’t be on top last year. I can’t remember his name.

Finally Mark and Goal of the year. AJ Mark and Bobby goal.

Thanks everyone, yes it’s a bit one eyed but what do you expect. Flagpies 2024

Not one eyed when facts are facts?

Top 8: Brisbane-GWS-Collingwood-Sydney-Carlton-St Kilda-Geelong-Essendon
Coleman medal: Charlie Curnow
Our leading goal kicker: Lachie Schultz
Rising star: George Wardlaw
Surprise player to take off and dominate: Harry DeMattia to debut mid-season and hold his spot
Player to drop off: we'll know it's time for Howey
Wooden spoon: North Melbourne
Big riser on the ladder: Essendon, Hawks
The Fall from grace team: Melbourne
The meh team who were just going: Western Bulldogs
Premiers: Brisbane go one better
Norm Smith: Hugh McClugagge
Sacked coaches: Luke Beveridge, Justin Longmuir, Ken Hinkley
Biggest scandal: not sure but it will come out of the Bulldogs
Ginny being booed: Yes
Tay and Grundy being booed: Both yes but nowhere like Ginni
The one “expert” to have us dropping out of the 8: Leigh Montagna
Finally Mark and Goal of the year: Cody Weightman (mark) and Zac Bailey (goal)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton to win the flag, obviously 🤡

Sam McClure must be a Blues man, surely? Blimey…

Utter Carlscum tosser!!

So we can't win the flag because we don't have a key forward?? Does this bloke even watch footy. He did watch us win the Premiership last year, with a defensive "key forward"...

And he said Carlton have two of the best key forwards in the game we've seen in the last 20 years. McKay, lol, can't even kick straight and is no where near one of the best forwards in the competition now, let alone the last 20 years.

McClure the king of the big call, which usually proves to be incorrect. The bloke is a headline grabber, and it's all about him.....

Last edited:
Top 8: Brisbane, Collingwood, Giants, Carlton, Adelaide, Sydney, St Kilda, Melbourne

Our BnF: DeGoey

Brownlow: N Daicos

Coleman medal: C Curnow

Our leading goal kicker: Mihocek/Johnson (Tied)

Rising star: Sanders (WB)

Best young player for us: McInnes

Surprise player to take off and dominate: Joey Richards (Comes into the side about Round 7 and kicks 20+ goals this season) and Macrae cements his spot in the midfield. Plays from the Opening Round (Zero).

Player to drop off: WHE. Been a great servant but youth pushes him out and plays more VFL this year.
Love Billy, but Elliott could also be one to play a lesser role this season. Young gun McInnes could come into our F50 regularly, and Schultz coming in could see Billy play different roles this season. Already playing HB in some match sim....

Wooden spoon: West Coast

Big riser on the ladder: Hawthorn

The Fall from grace team: Port Adelaide

The meh team who were just going: Richmond

Premiers: Collingwood

Norm Smith: Schultz

Last edited:
Utter Carlscum tosser!!

So we can't win the flag because we don't have a key forward?? Does this bloke even watch footy. He did watch us win the Premiership last year, with a defensive "key forward"...

And he said Carlton have two of the best key forwards in the game we've seen in the last 20 years. McKay, lol, can't even kick straight and is no where near one of the best forwards in the competition now, let alone the last 20 years.

McClure the king of the big call, which usually proves to be incorrect. The bloke is a headline grabber, and it's all about him.....
God bless their delusional souls.

They're setting themselves up for failure at this point. The fall is going to be enjoyable to watch.

God bless their delusional souls.

They're setting themselves up for failure at this point. The fall is going to be enjoyable to watch.

Actually you're right. Let the media pump them up, like they are currently, and the pressure of expectancy will weigh on them as the season goes along. Then we watch the slide.....

I'm a man of few words, "FLAG"
season 9 speech GIF

Promote that man!!

Carlton are a better side than in the past and will be thereabouts.

But our biggest threat imo will be the Giants. They are tough, methodical, experienced, and have no baggage like the blue baggagers do. They won’t fold meekly or turn on each other when the pressure is applied.

Lions will also be thereabouts .

Somebody else will turn up and look half decent for a while but I can’t for the life of me nominate who that will be and whether that team will threaten Collingwood….outside the ones I’ve named. Melbourne will freefall, StKilda are kidding themselves, Geelong will slide further, Richmond and Essendon won’t bounce back quickly.

Maybe we need to watch out for the swans and Crows although I think the former has recruited badly and the latter has a soft underbelly.

Maybe Port are a dark horse but I think they had a one off season last year and not sure they can back it up.

But our biggest threat imo will be the Giants. They are tough, methodical, experienced, and have no baggage like the blue baggagers do. They won’t fold meekly or turn on each other when the pressure is applied.

Somebody else will turn up and look half decent for a while but I can’t for the life of me nominate who that will be and whether that team will threaten Collingwood….outside the ones I’ve named. Melbourne will freefall, StKilda are kidding themselves, Geelong will slide further, Richmond and Essendon won’t bounce back quickly.

Maybe we need to watch out for the swans and Crows although I think the former has recruited badly and the latter has a soft underbelly.

Maybe Port are a dark horse but I think they had a one off season last year and not sure they can back it up.
Agree with your assessment. I think Adelaide may be the dark horse.

Agree with your assessment. I think Adelaide may be the dark horse.

i probably should have mentioned the Dogs. They will have some great wins during the year and look like world beaters at times, but on balance in can’t see where significant improvement will come from. I expect them to tread water just in or outside the eight.

Adelaide swans and port all have young guns that could become elite and drive them to the top few.
Freo and GC do too, but a few more holes in the team.
Essendon, Geelong, who knows, could do well via coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back