News 2024 Preseason Matches & Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still don’t think I’ll take Jackson. As soon as Darcy’s back he’ll go back to mid scoring.

That's the thing. As soon as Hodor is back, Jackson pretty much has to be traded out. Need to wait and see how long Hodor is actually going to be out for.

That's the thing. As soon as Hodor is back, Jackson pretty much has to be traded out. Need to wait and see how long Hodor is actually going to be out for.

Or he becomes F4(?) F6(?). Much as I love Hodor, that Jacko DPP coverage is also fantastic for the inevitable ruck injuries later in the year

He averaged 85 with Hodor in the team. Not great but given the forwards available this year not terrible either.

Yes but you're paying 550k for that though when you could be paying for a Touk or Steele instead.

Hodor's only had a bit of a clean out. Nothing major. I'd be surprised if he missed a significant number of games as a result of that. Maybe the first 4 weeks?

Yes but you're paying 550k for that though when you could be paying for a Touk or Steele instead.

Hodor's only had a bit of a clean out. Nothing major. I'd be surprised if he missed a significant number of games as a result of that. Maybe the first 4 weeks?
There's a different ceiling for mids vs forwards this year though.
Very few worthy premo forwards this season. A 90 ave would probably make for a poor mid or a very good forward.

Yeah fair enough, but it's 4-6 weeks (this is Hodor after all) of high scoring before he slows down. And there are very few options in the forwards. And we'll probably want him for ruck cover at some point. And it's Hodor, he'll probably get injured again at some point.

Yeah fair enough, but it's 4-6 weeks (this is Hodor after all) of high scoring before he slows down. And there are very few options in the forwards. And we'll probably want him for ruck cover at some point. And it's Hodor, he'll probably get injured again at some point.

Go for it then... :thumbsu: :moustache:

Jackson could be an option for Grundy if he looks bad tomorrow. Gives you flexibility to either flick him for English after the first 4-6 rounds or to move him forward.

Also means you don't have to find 300k to upgrade a mid price forward to him. Only need 60k
I thought about this yesterday. Surprised this possibility hasn't been discussed more. Such good low/ mid price options up forward this year. No need to blow all that up to get Jackson. If Ladhams plays this week with Grundy there is every chance I'll flick Grundy for Jackson.

Go for it then... :thumbsu: :moustache:
1709687790115.png

homer simpson barney GIF

Latest version - let me know what you think, any feedback?

Waiting to watch Zilliams this weekend and he potentially comes in for Massimo at D4. Geez I really want Houston in my backline with Port's favourable early draw. Considering him instead of Stewart, but I love Stewart... SC is so hard.

Hard to ignore Touk at that price, even with the early bye. I am also considering Wines instead of Martin/Crouch - he is back to his inside bull position IMO with Rozee and JHF maybe spending more time forward?

Jackson is a lock with the big guy out and Fisher is hard to ignore, especially if Norf keep feeding him the ball at half back. Close watch on Windsor this weekend... I really like the kid, but not sure how/where he fits in.

Same goes with Hustwaite - how? help...

View attachment 1920777
Feedback? Wrong thread. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back