Did you see his one today? It was like

IF Melbourne have a bunch of players on drugs and Gus retiring
THEN it's good they have a big forward like JVR
Makes perfect sense. :moustache:

Did you see his one today? It was like

IF Melbourne have a bunch of players on drugs and Gus retiring
THEN it's good they have a big forward like JVR
he's got those "old fashioned footy brains"

danster is going to hate this - isn't he always saying he's got no footy IQ or is slow of mind or something?

Love me a full length dive double fisted rundown from ANB it's his signature
Sounds pretty annoying logistically. Imagine needing to sign a simple document and then having to find somebody to tackle from behind. Must be frustrating at times.

he's got those "old fashioned footy brains"

danster is going to hate this - isn't he always saying he's got no footy IQ or is slow of mind or something?
IF JVR is under 197cms
THEN Melbourne should trade him for Eric Hipwood

Sounds pretty annoying logistically. Imagine needing to sign a simple document and then having to find somebody to tackle from behind. Must be frustrating at times.
You've always said that

Chandler with a strong effort, wins the crumb, wheels around and kicks it out on the full on his left as a homage to Gus I presume

10.6 and probably 6 ootfs and into the marks

Chandler is a left footer :$

Carlton are playing bottom 4 bad in this game. They are playing with the intensity of an 85 year old couple

Yeah they were genuine dross, I know it’s preseason but we’d be losing our s**t if we played like that.

TopKent replay bingo!
  • Explain in detail why you hate the Melbourne Demons
  • Call someone gay
  • Comment or complain about a recent change to a player's haircut
  • Call a player a "whimp"
  • Mention David King
  • When Melbourne is winning explain that it's because the opponent is playing "bottom 4"
  • Tell a poster that they're wrong for making a subjective statement
  • Explain in detail again why you hate the Melbourne Demons
  • Mention a player from the 80s or 90s
  • Explain why football was better in the 80s or 90s
  • Mention the Giants

TopKent replay bingo!
  • Call someone gay
  • Mention David King
  • When Melbourne is winning explain that it's because the opponent is playing "bottom 4"
  • Mention the Giants
St edy bingo
s**t joke attempts ✅

Chandler is a left footer :$

Yeah they were genuine dross, I know it’s preseason but we’d be losing our s**t if we played like that.
Yes I know that mate. That's why I said left and not opposite and why it was about it going on the full

Carlton can only hope they weren't trying very hard cause that was GC s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zoom In Harry Perryman GIF by GIANTS
This could totally be the creepiest post I’ve seen, and I’ve spent a bit of time on the main board back in the day

Salem got rid of that disphit blonde rinse, already makes him a better player
It’s challenging to pick out the best aspect of your posting, but it might just be your generous tolerance live and let live principles.

(It did look dead stupid though)

I think this should be a thing moving, Kent watching the game days after the rest of us. Funny seeing his ramblings b2b2b2b2b
Definitely.

I don’t just like it, I need it. I’ve been waiting days to find out whether I enjoyed the match.

Agree with all this and been complaining about our flat feet in the forwardline for ages. If everyone is standing still what else can the mids do but bomb it in? Stafford really needed to be sacked last year.

The ball movement looked a lot better, unfortunately our best passages of play got stuffed up by our forwards completely shanking the final kicks. Also everyone needs to remember that its pre-season and we weren't under nearly as much pressure as we normally would be so it's gonna be harder when the real stuff starts, but there was an obvious intent to take the corridor rather than trying to keep the ball wide as we did last year.
Totally agree.

Ball movement is better but forwards still crowding, bunching up, not many leads. For mine that is poor coaching and on Stafford.

Also goal kicking is still pretty bad.

I want to be optimistic but the forward line still concerns me (not personnel there but strategy).

TopKent replay bingo!
  • Call someone gay
  • Mention David King
  • Mention the Giants
Thank god it's not a drinking game.

No one is denying Carlton had some key defenders out. But they still gave up 26 shots on goal plus a couple of shanks that didn’t make it at all.
We also had a few forwards unavailable.
You can see we’ve made some changes. This was out second hitout for the year and I reckon we looked a lot better than I was expecting.
Exactly. Why even bother following the team if you're just gonna dump on them and the supporters 24/7. If you can't find some positives out of the practice game then you're just a miserable campaigner.

I will be struggling to be ready for the first game, I have strained my scroll finger.

Could go either way. Really hard to predict the outcome. Practice match against Blues was positive, but you can see us falling away quickly if we lose a couple in a row early. Few injuries and some losses could see us tumble far. experts seem pretty divided as well. Tough fixture to start the year too. Sydney away, Port and Adelaide away as well as tricky games against Hawks and Dogs, then we have the Lions. By the end of Round 5 we will know if we are going to contend or be the team that tumbles down the ladder. I just hope Goody rolls some kids through either way.

Melbourne has endured one of the more turbulent summers in recent AFL history, headlined by drama surrounding Clayton Oliver, fresh concerns around a club drug culture as Joel Smith faces a Sports Integrity Australia investigation and, more recently, the sudden medical retirement of premiership player Angus Brayshaw. All that came after a second consecutive straight-sets finals exit, sparking concerns the Demons are potentially wasting a premiership dynasty opportunity. And of the 12 Fox Footy experts surveyed pre-season, only two — Leigh Montagna and Mark Ricciuto — predicted the Dees will finish inside the top four for the fourth consecutive season, with three others tipping them to miss the eight entirely. Going purely by Wednesday night’s slick 38-point Community Series win over Carlton, there shouldn’t be any concerns over Melbourne’s rocky off-season. Simon Goodwin’s side played a direct, attacking brand to create a plethora of scoring opportunities in dangerous spots. Fox Footy’s David King said in commentary: “Their dare with the ball has been absolutely brilliant and the precision going inside forward 50. It’s not just high balls anymore and skied entires, it’s kicked with purpose.” Now the key is to maintain that method and form for the entire season … including finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back