Training 2024 Preseason training reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My work tipping comp is through Disney (weirdly) and provides odds.

They have GC to beat pies next weekend.

I don't get it- practice games mean nothing when you do well, but suns last week showed no sign of a cohesive team.

Just can't see it.
The late pre-season teams do tend to start slower and the Suns have a lot to prove still. I could see it honestly.

That is a very steep hill if it's the one I think you're talking about... ? You go under the UQ Green Bridge and then wind your way up to Gladstone Rd?

You have probably cycled past me a few times, I go for an hour or more walk each day, I have several different routes I take but I always walk along the full length of Brisbane Corso, it's so quiet and peaceful during the week when most of the plebs are at work, weekends a different story.

I only use the bicycle when going to Yoga/Pilates in the early morning, leave home at 5.10am and it's only a 15 minute ride, the studio I go to is only 400 meters from the Gabba.
we're taking a very broad definition of pre-season training reports!! :p

My work tipping comp is through Disney (weirdly) and provides odds.

They have GC to beat pies next weekend.

I don't get it- practice games mean nothing when you do well, but suns last week showed no sign of a cohesive team.

Just can't see it.

Sorry to intrude but GWS play Collingwood next weekend, not GC.

Sorry to intrude but GWS play Collingwood next weekend, not GC.

That’s just your opinion tho

If gadzorks wants to tip Gold Coast against Collingwood next week that is his right

A lot of love for Harry Sharp.

Realistically his skills are the only thing that has held him back. It is also easy to forget that he only turned 21, 3 months ago. I reckon he will be best 22 start of next season. Should see a few games this year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing the suns winning a flag before us might achieve is curing some people on here of their oddball gc-are-my-second-favourite-team affliction.

Are you saying they’ll become our no.1 if they win a flag first? I can see you on the trumpet after every goal.

Do do do do do do.

One thing the suns winning a flag before us might achieve is curing some people on here of their oddball gc-are-my-second-favourite-team affliction.
honestly seeing the rubbish some of their supporters post about brisbane across this forum im amazed anyone holds this view

That is the dreaded pre-season hype that has led to several delisting's. May as well have said he has the full backing of the board. Sorry Sharpy its all over now

Ah yeah, memories of Ely Smith
Bye Sharpy :'(

honestly seeing the rubbish some of their supporters post about brisbane across this forum im amazed anyone holds this view
A work colleagues husband is a hard core Richmond supporter. Always has full membership, and with one of the add on “what ever” club, even though they only get down to Melbourne once or twice a season.

Went full on Suns member this summer. Has all the merchandise, has a couple of season tickets two rows behind Dimmas bench etc, was down last week for their members season launch.

Wonder how many other Brisbane based Richmond fans jumped on board.

Especially if they won the flag over the still twitching corpse of our St Kilda-like in-the-mix-but-falling-at-the-last-hurdle version of a premiership window 😞

Had a sporting carnival down there in 95 and stayed at the Rooty Hill RSL Hotel.

1st night we decided to have a walk around the local area and couldn't understand why the coaches/managers blew up and were worried about 17/18 kids walking the streets of Mount Druitt at midnight

That's 20+ years after my "time" ..... no hotel then.
The demographics were similar, but the "ethnic" mix vastly different. (but could still be intimidating for a late teen, quite a ways from his own patch ..... don't recall ever "visiting" on my own).

But then, I don't recall all that much these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back