Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick would be playing lockdown so shouldn't affect Amon at all besides stealing some kick ins. Happy to take the risk on him as a POD, he passed the eye test for me late last year at HB
Hardwick took over a third of their kick ins last year. Between him and Sicily there may not be a lot left for Amon.

Hardwick took over a third of their kick ins last year. Between him and Sicily there may not be a lot left for Amon.
Not too concerned on kick ins, Amon is a pig, he'll be the one they're kicking in to in the pocket if he isn't the one taking the kick in. Amon is going to be the main ball user out of their backline, they'll be feeding him regardless of kick ins. In the preseason game Amon had 8 kick ins v 3 for Sicily and 4 for Scrimshaw so he should get a decent amount even with Sicily and Hardwick there

Thoughts on my final team ?? Unsure if I’m happy with it but no clue what to do

Attachments

• IMG_0243.png
    IMG_0243.png
    859.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0244.png
    IMG_0244.png
    794.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0243.png
    IMG_0243.png
    859.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0244.png
    IMG_0244.png
    794.2 KB · Views: 95
Every year, it's the same story with Heeney. He starts the season looking like a superstar. I've been burned by him before. Despite the early hype, he always ends up being a letdown. This year will be no different.

Last edited:
My final team kenties.

I love the forward line now. :cool:

Sexy Jenna Fischer GIF

team.JPG

Would put Jordon on-field in FWDs.and move Wilson to bench in MIDs, Roberts on-field.
Monitor Sharp carefully, you might have to swap him out.
Nothing wrong with Newcombe POD.
Have both Houston and Sheezel, if you only have funds for one, you can look at Houston down to Sheezel, maybe a base rookie like Sharp to Hustwaite, but that's not a must or anything.
Somebody else might have better ideas.
Hey, sorry for the delay - but thanks for the advice!

What's the go with Sharp? Not ready yet for AFL or injury?

Some tweaks:
  • I downgraded T.Stewart to Sheezel (think T.Stewart is at his max price, hopefully can upgrade to him later on).
  • I downgraded Naismith to C.Livingstone so I've got a Sunday donut Ruck/Fwd (can also easily swap L.Jackson as Ruck cover if needed)
  • I upgraded Cadman to Harmes and put him on the field and Sexton on the bench as emergency.

Think I'm happy with this team to go into Rd 1 - but again if any glaring tweaks let me know.

1710397253366.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love to hear your thoughts team.

$139k in the bank, so could do one of Steel/Touk/Newcombe to a SP

Probably other considerations I haven’t thought of

Thanks

View attachment 1927191View attachment 1927192
i like it. many options.

first one through my head was to downgrade a player or two and upgrade a defender.

youre so deep in the mids, but mid rookies usually score best.

bit of cash on the bench too. which is all good and well. but the 150k from downgrading your two bench premos can go with the 140k itb to upgrade zilliams. that option doesnt even impact your starting team.

otherwise downgrade one mid cheap keeper. and use the money for another keeper down back.

Is Mannagh going to be sub? Reckon he will score well if not. Hmmm. It’s him or Campbell I need to decide quick.

Looks that way.

I've got him on the bench because I think he'll force himself in to the starting side sooner rather than later and score decent enough as sub (40s or so) before forcing his way in to the XVIII in Round 3.

Looks that way.

I've got him on the bench because I think he'll force himself in to the starting side sooner rather than later and score decent enough as sub (40s or so) before forcing his way in to the XVIII in Round 3.
Was thinking the exact same. Very worried about Campbell JS and can’t get a more expensive rookie.

Is Mannagh going to be sub? Reckon he will score well if not. Hmmm. It’s him or Campbell I need to decide quick.

I think he will be sub yes. (Would score very well if he plays full game). But should play a lot of games.

Was thinking the exact same. Very worried about Campbell JS and can’t get a more expensive rookie.

I've not got Campbell at this stage either.

He's not going to score 70 points from 9 disposal games all too often you'd think.

If he scores similar tonight he's an easy sideways in with his price (especially with 40 trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back