Teams 2024 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I've not got Campbell at this stage either.

He's not going to score 70 points from 9 disposal games all too often you'd think.

If he scores similar tonight he's an easy sideways in with his price (especially with 40 trades)
Looking at it from a different angle, he already has a 70 under the belt without that many disposals. If he gets more disposals he might go pretty well.
Also, with a round 6 bye, if he can play until then you'd trade him out at what you'd think might be close to max. Those are the sort of rookies I'd want to start

570ada08b4b4d963f7efd31e6bbebbd8.jpg

d9a27ac1efeb6b6d5836a453e76ee50c.jpg

69k left.
Fairly standard picks except for NWM but I don’t know if my St.Kilda goggles are on too tight? We look for him to be our exit out of defence every time.
I see lots of teams batting 4 deep in defence with Young but I don’t see how I can make this work?
This is one of my favourite teams thus far TBH. Really like it. Obviously Gibcus has to go, and Carroll has to come in. Not too late to change Bont or Butters to ND, then use him to trade Gibcus to Carroll in a single trade after Round 3? Hustwaite obviously not playing so McKercher or Lazzaro the obvious replacements. I still rate Windsor very highly too. Everyone has jumped off after one game. 19 possessions, 6 contested, 4 tackles at 61% on debut interstate against a mature side with weather at 87% humidity. Could be a tasty POD.

I have never ever posted my team over the years. So always time for a first. Like many teams, I have similar defensive premos. I haven't gone with four defensive premos, or a mid priced madness forward line like most teams have gone. I do want Stewart over Young or Sheezel if possible.

Newcombe is my current POD, a potential break out candidate for this year. I am riding on Martin to stay at the SC friendly role. Rankine I am not sold on, but if he does continue to see Midfield minutes, could see a points boost. Heeney has burnt me four years in a row, I do not trust a fifth. I do have options of trading Rankine out for Fisher or Jordan, as well as Marshall to Gawn, who I am not buying the one poor game scare like a few. If I wanted to get an extra premo in the MID or DEF. I could make those changes now, or I can wait for Round One to pass by and see how everyone looks.

My original team had Gawn, Jordan, Gulden and Wines in it. It now has Butters, Rankine, Marshall and an extra MID rookie. I feel rookies will make more bank than players priced near 300k as well, unless the midpricers average near 80..

Any tips or feedback will be appreciated. Though I am sure not much more can be said than what has already for the other teams above.

View attachment 1926986
Not trying to talk you out of it, however I started Newc last year because I love him as a player and thought he was value and it burnt me. Realistically I think he’s priced about where he will be throughout the year. I’m not sure he has top end premium scoring in him, and the Hawks are likely to struggle again this year.

Not trying to talk you out of it, however I started Newc last year because I love him as a player and thought he was value and it burnt me. Realistically I think he’s priced about where he will be throughout the year. I’m not sure he has top end premium scoring in him, and the Hawks are likely to struggle again this year.
Not at all, I appreciate any feed back. Yeah I do totally get that. Been burnt by a few players in the past myself. He improved his score by 12 points last year. And did manage 12 times over 100, but he also went 6 times under 90. It's a question of, can he find another 10 points somewhere to enter premo territory?

Which is why having extra trades help. I can watch on both Newcombe, and Rankine for a couple of weeks, and easily straight swap to Miller/Steele, others in price range who may be performing better should he flop. Team isn't final, with a couple of rookies not named, I may be able to free up extra money to upgrade now.

Damn rolling lockout lol. I'm having intrusive thoughts, got my eye on a couple players, and seeing if I can sneak another keeper in.

Currently I have Butters + Fyfe + Reid + $112.2k itb

If I remove them, I have $1,238,800 to spend on 3 players.

Whitfield has caught my eye. Wowee I really like him now... LOL. Might be late to the crazy party, but my SC preseason has been non-existant, very underprepared.

Lachie averaged 107.5 after his bye last year. He's finally fit and he found some continuity. Priced at 93, he's so bloody tempting.

Out of those 11 games in a row after his bye last year, 3 were losses. Remove the 3 losses and he averaged 115.6 in those 8 wins 🤤

Whitfield + Flanders + Burgess + $96.5k itb
Whitfield + Flanders + Reid + $18.3k itb

So does Whitfield and Flanders out perform Butters and Fyfe?

What's the best case scenario?
Butters 120 + Fyfe 90 (does that mean he's a F6 keeper?)
Whitfield 115 + Flanders 105

Anybody else on Whitfield?

Damn rolling lockout lol. I'm having intrusive thoughts, got my eye on a couple players, and seeing if I can sneak another keeper in.

Currently I have Butters + Fyfe + Reid + $112.2k itb

If I remove them, I have $1,238,800 to spend on 3 players.

Whitfield has caught my eye. Wowee I really like him now... LOL. Might be late to the crazy party, but my SC preseason has been non-existant, very underprepared.

Lachie averaged 107.5 after his bye last year. He's finally fit and he found some continuity. Priced at 93, he's so bloody tempting.

Out of those 11 games in a row after his bye last year, 3 were losses. Remove the 3 losses and he averaged 115.6 in those 8 wins 🤤

Whitfield + Flanders + Burgess + $96.5k itb
Whitfield + Flanders + Reid + $18.3k itb

So does Whitfield and Flanders out perform Butters and Fyfe?

What's the best case scenario?
Butters 120 + Fyfe 90 (does that mean he's a F6 keeper?)
Whitfield 115 + Flanders 105

Anybody else on Whitfield?
Whitfield and Flanders both have the Round 3 Bye. I also want both but having those two and Green means your 3 premos down that week

Made what should be my final changes.... Watson & Windsor > Berry & Cadman. I think Berry can score significantly better than McKercher. That said, i still think McKercher is worthy of a spot in my team. Im not convinced Windsor & Watson will be decent scorers so im happy to go with what i deem is better onfield potential. If Mannagh is sub and Sharp gets a spot on Freo's bench i will strongly consider Sharp (although of course he may be sub too)

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 9.32.06 am.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13 of your best 22 are Round 0 players. I think you are falling into the trap of points chasing here. I'm also willing to bet every dollar I have that Zorko does not end up averaging 100+, therefore at that price, he's a bit of a nothing pick.

With the injury to Gibcus and not wanting to field two DEF and Williams, I've jumped on Whitfield (who I had only left out due to his bye). I want Flanders but I will wait til after the bye to grab, and solidify my assumptions that he will continue to grab bulk CBAs as one of the GC mids. I have dropped Serong and NMartin to grab Wines, Berry and Whitfield. 120k in the bank I think I'm happy. Just probably decide which 3 of Lyons, Fyfe, Berry and Lazzaro to have.

1710459666521.png

My team is set. $53,100 left in the bank. Yes, having Green, Miller, Flanders, Sexton and Cadman will destroy me in Round 3, but the premo's in Green, Miller & Flanders are locked in for me. Was almost contemplating Whitfield for Young as well but that may tip the iceberg.

Gibcus correction next week to any rookie with Daicos & Wilson's DPP.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 2.11.31 pm.png

This is one of my favourite teams thus far TBH. Really like it. Obviously Gibcus has to go, and Carroll has to come in. Not too late to change Bont or Butters to ND, then use him to trade Gibcus to Carroll in a single trade after Round 3? Hustwaite obviously not playing so McKercher or Lazzaro the obvious replacements. I still rate Windsor very highly too. Everyone has jumped off after one game. 19 possessions, 6 contested, 4 tackles at 61% on debut interstate against a mature side with weather at 87% humidity. Could be a tasty POD.

Thanks mate!
I honestly haven’t even thought of removing Windsor he passed the eye test for me last week and should hopefully stay in their side for a lot of the year.
Will need to get creative with how to swing trades next week re: Gibcus.
Do the OR players get a price change after round 2 now?

EDIT: I’ve gone Hustwaite to Lazzaro
Moved ND to the mids and put Jase Burgoyne (assuming named) in as my Gibcus replacement

Last edited:
Quick question. I created a 10 man private league, has 6 friends in it. It should auto merge with another league at some point so it does go ahead yes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back