Autopsy 2024 Rd 4 Blues win in miraculous escape

Who played well for the Blues in Round 4 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What a bunch of ******* cry babies :cryv1:

Charlie & Harry are double/tripled teamed most games.

HTFU Freo, you play a :poo: brand of footy!

08b98e286c0e92959d6d925c4c1757e2.jpg
Does it ever stop .. pack of whingers… 6 goals from free kicks I wonder if he mentioned that !

AFL footage wasn't as clear cut. But this fan footage shows the ball deviate quite a bit off the freo defender

We will take it. After all their sooking seeing this just made me chuckle.

Is it a deep fake AI can do some cool stuff now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate how the footy media came out, straight after the game, stating the umpire should be better than that, etc...

How they can call the umpire soft, or not in touch with the game, etc, when they have no idea what has even been said.

"I don't think you want to see those dissent frees paid at this point in a game" - Richo I think.

Well, Richo...maybe players should STFU in the dying minutes of a close game.

"I don't think you want to see those dissent frees paid at this point in a game" - Richo I think.

Well, Richo...maybe players should STFU in the dying minutes of a close game.
True. Player's fault entirely. Shut your gob and try to win. Umpire is never going to change their mind at that point.

One thing I give credit to freo for is there ability to shut down our handball game but still have open players themselves for there uncontested set up . A lot of there game stopped the ball in the arcs not so much a flood D50 - we enabled the double teaming in our fwd 50 with our entry and inability to find other avenue to goal..
this freo system will work against most top end sides -- Frederick's going down early really hurt there offence also..
happy to escape that game thanks to our defensive pillars standing up ..

I've been sick most of the week and haven't really been on the board, but the thoughts that have stuck with me from the weekend:

Freo seemed to have a specific gameplan for us. I think this was a big game for them, I mentioned in the pre-game thread that I think this is a lowkey rivalry, probably more one way than both way, but Freo really don't like us - particularly the fans. I think this was one of those games you circle on the schedule for them. I could be wrong but that's how I felt watching it. It almost worked and took us until about halftime to adjust and 3 qtr time to fully work around.

As was mentioned on the coverage several times, they were playing quite careful and did not want to give us the opportunity to turn the ball over. That was very effective. The other was to beat us in the contest, which they also did - handily. It's become a trend for us that so something to watch. Also their pressure was immense, that's not gameplan that's effort related - and feeds into it being a big game for them imo. They were up for this.

Another thing I noticed was they really stretched the field on us defensively. Several times I noticed that the ball was on a wing in their possession and they had 2 or 3 players on the opposite wing within 10-15m of the boundary, really stretching the zone. Not your normal wing on the edge of the square, but genuinely within ~15m of the boundary on the opposite wing. This stopped us being able to run in waves once did turn the ball over as our defence was stretched and we couldn't swarm, making it harder to pressure and harder to rebound fast on the run.

The issue for Freo, as was also mentioned on the coverage, was this gameplan for them also stopped them from being able to put points on the board and pull away. It was an attritional game and I thought if we could just hang in we were every chance to put 5 goals on in the 4th, despite basically kicking 5 in the other 3 qtrs. The pressure they played with and the attritional style had me thinking all game we'll run over them in the 4th, and that's essentially what ended up happening.

It's not a game I'm super happy with, we did let them dictate the style and how the game would be played for 3 qtrs and only wrestled back momentum in the 4th due to style wearing them down, but at the same time I'm happy we were able to hold up enough to keep in the game and be able to win it in the 4th. So some positive and negative in the game for me.

Last edited:
Been home for a few days now and just want to say how brilliant gather round was and that Adelaide AND ITS PEOPLE WERE AMAZING. So friendly and happy to have one and all come to their beautiful city.

Aside from the result which was the icing on the cake it was a fabulous 3 days I spent there with my wife.
With 10 minutes to play I still had hope we could get up but was telling myself, doesn't matter.
Either way it has been a great trip. :thumbsu:

Going to watch a game at Adelaide oval was a bucket list tick and it did not disappoint.

Had crappy level 5 seats (even though booked as soon as they went on sale?) and sat in them for all of 2 minutes before saying to the wife, "let's go and have a drink and a look on the grass area below the scoreboard". She was reluctant as she did not want to stand up but off we went. :D
Got a good spot with the path barrier in front of us and sat on the grass in the glorious sunshine with a coldy in our hands and all was good.

But out of the blue ten minutes before kick off the aisle attendant in front of us called out to people on the hill that there were available seats in the pocket in front of us. Off I went like I was 18 again.... level one 5 rows from the fence, HOW GOOD!!!!

That was indicative of the whole trip , magical and beyond my expectations.

Will definitely be going back next year , can't wait.

Adelaide should keep it for good, it would not be anywhere near as brilliant in any other city.
It is the perfect size. Walking around you see players, coaches and even saw Andrew Dillon strolling down Rundle Mall.
All around the City and the ground there are things happening, people are wearing their colours and the place is alive.

Only negative is the thieving airlines and the price gouging they get away with for these big events.
They should be investigated and fined. Over $2000 return for two!:mad:

We drove and it was a good trip as well.

Last edited:
Have enjoyed listening to and watching the likes of Buckley and even Slobbo this week.

Slobbo laughing at the Freo people calling it a conspiracy. Both he and Buckley correctly stating how often the mark is paid in real time when the one-on-one defender touches the ball first.

Yet they persist with their garbage.

I have no qualms in saying that the umpiring was rubbish. It was rubbish all day - both ways - but especially those last two minutes.

Yet it took Foxtel until well after the game to find definitive footage that demonstrates both touches. The next day for the Clark punch.

Feel that even if we had a review the only thing that would have changed is that we would've gone back to the old chestnut - that the technology isn't good enough nor fast enough to provide the clear answers we need.

Have no doubt that the touches would've been paid as "insufficient evidence, umpires call."

Honestly not sure which would have infuriated them the most.

As for Clark. Can understand the dissent free. After all of the remonstrating after the call it was beyond stupid to curse, even at yoursekf, in the line of the umpire.

Has he never been in a situation where you're having an argument with someone and you might miss a lot of what is said but you know you heard something unsuitable for the situation so yoyr response is based on that? Silly lad.

But this carry on days later. That club has historically been about as relevant as the Gold Coast Suns. No wonder they continue to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

You'd think they were screwed harder than the Adelaide Crows were last year.

Yikes.
Bang.

How about focusing their ire and energy towards making the club relevant and achieving better than 8 finals campaigns in 29 seasons.

Woe-is-me-antle. Do better Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see us really improving on stoppages this week after they review the Freo game. So many instances of us getting the first opportunity in the middle then repeatedly doing something stupid to then gift them the takeaway. I'm not saying we were on par with them but the chances we did get, we gave back to them to compound the issue.

Cant see us doing that on such a repetitive scale again.

Freo basically beat us in every aspect of the game, yet lost.

Go us..

I agree they beat us in the aspects that count and to the eye watching the game. The style of game was completely on their terms.

We just happen to have some game breakers they don't have, and then we had some late luck. They prepared so well for us that it was brilliant. Even more satisfying for us was that despite that, we won.

Another strategic thing for the team to learn because that type of luck wont always be on hand.

Freo's dribble has been rather nauseating over here.

Richo is beyond dumb for suggesting that umpires should just cop the abuse when the game is close. God forbid Clark act professional either with his "I said * you miss!" Tier stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freo's dribble has been rather nauseating over here.

Richo is beyond dumb for suggesting that umpires should just cop the abuse when the game is close. God forbid Clark act professional either with his "I said * you miss!" Tier stories.

I'm guessing the players will be polite to the umps for the next few weeks

Back