Opinion 2024 Round 1 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

In warm Queensland conditions, I'd be happy with Ned as sub.
He's a good alternative if it's slippery and we want to take Burgess or Gollant off. He will add plenty of ZIP in Q4 when everyone else is tiring.
We definitely need a small who can impact the game.

In warm Queensland conditions, I'd be happy with Ned as sub.
He's a good alternative if it's slippery and we want to take Burgess or Gollant off. He will add plenty of ZIP in Q4 when everyone else is tiring.

Yup as much as I hate to admit it, Ned might actually suit this sub/second half role if we are getting nothing out of one of Fog/Gollant/Burgess....

Would love to see Nicks also get creative and put Rachele one out at full forward Modra style to mix it up a bit if the bigs are struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking increasingly likely that the Rd 1 lineup will be…

B: Michalanney - Butts - Worrell
HB: Milera - Keane - Hinge
C: Soligo - Crouch - Rankine
HF: Rachele - Walker - Keays
F: Murphy - Fogarty - Burgess
R: O’Brien - Dawson - Laird
Int: Smith - Sholl - Pedlar - Jones
Sub: one of Berry or McHenry
Emg (from): Berry, McHenry, Nankervis, Borlase, Curtin, Hamill, Cook, Gollant

The only one I could see sneaking into the Rd 1 22 who I don’t have in there is Berry, which would relegate one of Sholl, Pedlar or Jones to sub. Everyone else seems locked in.
Nicks said he is going with Borlase over Keane. A big mistake imo. Keane must be not 100% right. No Murray, Keane, Thilthorpe, Walker. Not exactly our best team. If we get up it will be a miracle win.

We traded up to get Curtin but you think that if he is fit and healthy Nicks wont have him in the side round 1 because he doesn't have enough credits. Even though the past 4 years he has given 6 rookies we drafted their first game in round 1.

You are still living with the ghosts of Neil Craig and he has been gone for 12 years.

How's this gone for you?

Well obviously pretty s**t.

He has completely gone backwards on playing the rookies. Doesn't change what he did with our draft picks in his first 4 years.

I think he has gotten scared. A year he has to make the finals has made him ultra conservative.

The idiotic thing is, if he was actually blooding more young players people would be giving him a longer leesh.

He's nailed his mast to the wall of the senior players and they have let him down. He's signed his own resingation in some ways.

The idiotic thing is, if he was actually blooding more young players people would be giving him a longer leesh.

He's nailed his mast to the wall of the senior players and they have let him down. He's signed his own resingation in some ways.

Absolutely.

The bigger issue is he isn't really recognising talent either by replacing players who have reached a ceiling that is below the AFL standard. Murphy, Sholl, McHenry are prime examples of this. But yet, a player like Dowling is held to a different standard and must prove he has to be an AFL star before he gets a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back