Preview 2024 Round 2 Freo v Roos

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Worner, McDonald, Cox
In: Walker, Draper, Voss, Ras (sub)

Draper played v Port in the preseason game so you’d expect he’s next in line. 197cm good size replacement for McDonald. If Clarko keeps CCJ in the squad after subbing him last week I’d say Draper goes to him. After watching Pearce step up over the weekend I think he keeps Larkey quiet on Saturday 🙏

Have you forgotten about round 2 last year?

I remember Freo let LDU carry the ball out of the stoppages basically all day and our midfield didn't seem to be in the contest, along with turning it over close to their goal - and we only just lost.

We need to win the ball at the source and their VFL tall backs will have to contend with Amiss and Treacy.

I remember Freo let LDU carry the ball out of the stoppages basically all day and our midfield didn't seem to be in the contest, along with turning it over close to their goal - and we only just lost.

We need to win the ball at the source and their VFL tall backs will have to contend with Amiss and Treacy.
Yep and big boy Cunnington giving a masterclass in how to have a low metres gained but high impact game by basically blocking and smashing a path through our midfield to create space for LDU. Won't happen this week

Yep and big boy Cunnington giving a masterclass in how to have a low metres gained but high impact game by basically blocking and smashing a path through our midfield to create space for LDU. Won't happen this week
In fact it will be the reverse, with Fyfe doing the smashing and blocking to allow Serong, Bradshaw and young to run away from stoppage ball in hand.

This is why Young needs to stay mid. He'll actually be more effective defensively there than dropping back. Give Draper the 3rd tall, and hopefully Walker is ready.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah I traded LDU into my supercoach team after that game thinking he must have become a superstar, only to realise a few weeks later that we just let him loose.
Can't see us losing the midfield battle this week. Reckon we'll come out with real intent and last year's result will be mentioned many times this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Voss is Victorian isn’t he? Debut in front of family possiby.

More I think about it I reckon Walker comes in and Ryan or Hughes plays taller this week anyway.

Need to select a young tall defender this week. No point in improvising with Hughes/Ryan when a long term solution is required.
I will be very disappointed if Draper isnt picked. he's clearly at least close and there is more than enough experience around him to look after him. His athletic traits will translate well to AFL, he'll just need the older guys to do some of the thinking for him

Also want to state the obvious if AP goes down we are absolutely ****ed.. it be Jackson to FB and Reidy rucking.
I think we just bite the bullet and play Davies, tbh. At that point you can probably kiss finals goodbye so maybe gets some games into the younger blokes. They'd probably be at least as good as Jackson playing FB off zero training. Especially when you consider the damage to the middle of the ground and forward (moving Jackson) which would be the only parts of the ground keeping us competitive.

If the OMac injury is bad, I think we should actually use the state MSD to draft the best state KPD to hold for the season. I know we dont like the short contracts but I dont think we'd have much of a choice. There is still going to be pressure to win games and I think your KPDs being Davies, Ryan and Draper just gets obliterated (and I'm not exactly down on Draper and Davies)

If the OMac injury is bad, I think we should actually use the state MSD to draft the best state KPD to hold for the season. I know we dont like the short contracts but I dont think we'd have much of a choice. There is still going to be pressure to win games and I think your KPDs being Davies, Ryan and Draper just gets obliterated (and I'm not exactly down on Draper and Davies)
We'll take two you'd think - a best available and a replacement KPD.

Back