Trades 2024 Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's T Berry's job security?
"That's why he is in the side," Hardwick spoke of Berry.

"He does that role really well, he's got incredible speed, he's a physical specimen of a player that can create those (moments).

"He's exactly what we are after for that style of role, the ability to play it and execute it to a really high level... those pressure forwards are really important to us."

Dean could/should be dropped
Coff was uninspiring
Hore - was okay, no idea on injured Dee's return time frames

I'm assuming the incoming player will be a bench player
Dean could be dropped but I don't think he will. Fly looks at team issues holistically typically, I don't think he will just look at the fact Dean has been exposed one on one and fix it by bringing a Frampton in who causes other problems for us, in that he provides not much else apart from pure negating (and with Cox in his pinch hitting in the ruck isn't required). Dean has intercept and some rebounding skills that I think Fly values more than the pure one on one defending, and he will be looking to address the defensive problems in other ways. Also think Dean will get better with more game time.

I think the score projections are on the low side for the Suns, and probably Green, too. Some of these of these guys will rise 40k+, plus pump out a better score this week than the player they are replacing. Also all having big second round scores is helpful in the next price change too. Green for instance will be heading towards 700k pretty quickly. Not completely sold on Rowell but another good score and he is out of touch.

If you don't grab them this week, the must have rookies on the bubble, will be the priority here on in, and even with a boost you may miss out till they eventually drop as the MN decreases.

One less premium in a bye round is not a big deal as it's only best 18.
The bolded is only true I think for high-ownership players in a GnR structure. In the coming byes the major premos that will miss are:

3 - Green (46%), Flanders (40%), Touk (23%), Rowell (14%), Anderson (3%)
5 - Daicos (78%), Grundy (73%), Heeney (24%), Gulden (22%)
6 - Gawn (48%), Trac (18%), Salem (4%), Oliver (3%)

Trading into Green or Flanders is not the same as trading into Touk or Rowell. With the first two players, all you are really doing is giving up an advantage that you have by not having that player, as it's an anti-POD move. Trading into Rowell, on the other hand, is adding an extra donut that most others won't have, so you are actively harming yourself.

In the case of Heeney, everyone has Daicos and Grundy so you aren't giving up much. In my case, I can go from 12 to 13 premos because I'm getting rid of a midpricer. If I've only got 10 rolled gold options though and instead have more Martin-Wines-Yeo types, that one less premo potentially bites a lot more in that round, cos less rookie scores are probably coming out (one midpricer usually shits the bed, a la Fisher).

Eh heck it, I'm gonna drop a boost. And I'm planning on dropping another next week. Last couple years I was conservative with trades early, missed a lot of cash gen, and it hurt me. Time to try something new.

-Fisher to Billings
-JhClark to TBerry
-Gibcus to Massimo
$189,500 in the bank

Next week 2 or 3 of Bonner, McKercher, Dempsey, Sharp and Hore come in to maximise cash gen.

Eh * it, I'm gonna drop a boost. And I'm planning on dropping another next week. Last couple years I was conservative with trades early, missed a lot of cash gen, and it hurt me. Time to try something new.

-Fisher to Billings
-JhClark to TBerry
-Gibcus to Massimo
$189,500 in the bank

Next week 2 or 3 of Bonner, McKercher, Dempsey, Sharp and Hore come in to maximise cash gen.
You could save the boost and wait a week on Massimo but obviously lessen you one trade next week

Wouldnt be the first time a mid pricer sh**s the bed in their 2nd week

You could save the boost and wait a week on Massimo but obviously lessen you one trade next week

Yeah that's logical, but I went too light down back and got unlucky with both Gibcus and ZReid. No Daicos in midfield to swing back.

Happy to give Massimo a go, I think his floor is 70, and can see a very handy ~80 average, with a few more spike games. Even if Massimo scores 60 this week but the role looks good again, I'd still trade him in because there's no other options.

Bonner, McKercher, Dempsey, Hore (only logical ZReid replacement) and Sharp all look like very good cash cows that I don't have, so I'll need the boost next week.

Let’s say he shits the bed and scores 40.

Still goes on the bubble averaging 80

Which other defenders at his price or less could conceivably average 80 on the bubble?

Howes, Hore, Zilliams… all of which I have.

Anyone else?

to those who are against chasing points.. imaging passing up on green and rowell for the same reason.

also. issue with heeney is that hes as soft as tissue paper. however. i believe with a sniff at a brownlow and premiership. he could go 120+ over 22 games..

Reckon I’m going to go Watson to Billings, Laz to T Berry, swinging Wilson into mids.
Leaves me the cash for Gibcus to Massimo next week.
It’s all about the cash gen at this time of year…

Should have started Heeney in hindsight, but like most, been burnt too many times and already have Jackson and Flanders and other problems to deal with….

View attachment 1932392Anyone else in a similar boat looking for Def rookie corrections/injuries. Already gone Gibcus to D’ambro.

Hore or Howes seem the best of the slim pickings sub $190k.
Not convinced with Coffield but happy to play him on field and roll with it
No. No-one else has any dead/injured defensive Rookies. You must just be unlucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyone else got an idea on how to blow half a mill?

female companions and peformance enchancing substances are totally acceptable answers. but not what im looking for right now.

im still somewhat set on mass serong billings for gibcus mcd and fishy

Attachments

• 1000039934.jpg
    1000039934.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 60

female companions and peformance enchancing substances are totally acceptable answers. but not what im looking for right now.

Good trades.
Please don’t break Serong!
My SC side and my AFL side would be devastated….

Eh * it, I'm gonna drop a boost. And I'm planning on dropping another next week. Last couple years I was conservative with trades early, missed a lot of cash gen, and it hurt me. Time to try something new.

-Fisher to Billings
-JhClark to TBerry
-Gibcus to Massimo
$189,500 in the bank

This was my plan also (replace Clark with Harmes), but Im holding off on the Gibcus to Mass trade. I will either save the boost and just go in with 21, or boost Gibcus to Dean if named (3 times named on field over Frampton sells it to me, and I think he can score solid). Next week I will go Reid to Mass if he proves it again (or Gibcus if I don't do the Dean trade), and also bring in potentially Dempsey and Carroll (or someone else if they really pop off). I think Massimo's role is a bit odd (more wing than pure HB on the weekend based on heat map), and we have no idea what Mitchell is going to do when he also has Sicily and Amon who can be the primary rebounder off half back and probably be just as good or better. A few very good players who could play that role.

Why not go for cash gen instead and reassess next week? Campbell, Mcdonald, Gibcus -> Dempsey, Billings, Heeney? If you need to, go Fish or Berry -> Mass next week.

-Fisher to Billings
-JhClark to TBerry
-Gibcus to Massimo
$189,500 in the bank

Already rethinking this. Not the use of a boost, that's pretty much locked in, but my trades.

Honestly don't know who I'd trade out next week for Dempsey, Kerch, Sharp, Bonner, etc. Think the rest of my rookies would all have low BEs. Sanders is the only real concern, but he'll come good eventually. Would I just cash in Cadman already? Don't think so.

So now I'm leaning towards restructuring completely. But that involves trading Martin out, which I don't really want to do because I think he'll come good, but I'm not married to him. Worst case I'll bring him back in later, at what, $50k more?

Before you say "you selected these players after months of planning", that would usually be the case, but not this year. I had no SC preseason and I followed the pack/noise with Fisher and Martin.

So Martin would become a DEF premo (Stewart, Houston or Ryan)
Fisher would become Billings
Gibcus would become TBerry

Then next week I can decide between Mass, Hore, Kerch, Sharp, Bonner, Dempsey

This week is going to my head in, too many options, too many good looking rookies

Already rethinking this. Not the use of a boost, that's pretty much locked in, but my trades.

Honestly don't know who I'd trade out next week for Dempsey, Kerch, Sharp, Bonner, etc. Think the rest of my rookies would all have low BEs. Sanders is the only real concern, but he'll come good eventually. Would I just cash in Cadman already? Don't think so.

So now I'm leaning towards restructuring completely. But that involves trading Martin out, which I don't really want to do because I think he'll come good, but I'm not married to him. Worst case I'll bring him back in later, at what, $50k more?

Before you say "you selected these players after months of planning", that would usually be the case, but not this year. I had no SC preseason and I followed the pack/noise with Fisher and Martin.

So Martin would become a DEF premo (Stewart, Houston or Ryan)
Fisher would become Billings
Gibcus would become TBerry

Then next week I can decide between Mass, Hore, Kerch, Sharp, Bonner, Dempsey

This week is going to my head in, too many options, too many good looking rookies
Houston and Billings would be great trade ins. My FOMO is with missing out on a rookie who can end up being a keeper (daicos sheezel ashcroft). Is bringing in Berry over the likes of Mass and co that you listed really the best option? I would go early on one of those and target another one or two next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back